• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

4 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Arrived and happy to report great condition to my eyes.

Also, wowzer, the 5 oz is STUNNING

PXL_20240319_110046147.jpg

PXL_20240319_110001062.jpg

Looks brilliant. How is the edge lettering?

1 minute ago, Kvasir said:

Looks brilliant. How is the edge lettering?

Better on the 5 oz, will have a close look with the camera when I do a video but so far so good 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just now, NGMD said:

Favouritism😄

I guess they wanted to dodge another bullet with you.

video later? Would love to see the 5oz up close.

Will be making a video soon!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Had an unexpected present today 2oz Silver.  All lovely until I checked the lettering.   Should I keep or send back on hope of getting something better 

would be grateful for thoughts suggestions 

thanks 

IMG_7284.jpeg

Just now, Ted1945 said:

Had an unexpected present today 2oz Silver.  All lovely until I checked the lettering.   Should I keep or send back on hope of getting something better 

would be grateful for thoughts suggestions 

thanks 

IMG_7284.jpeg

Even just like to know wtf they’ve done 

You weren't lying - it is a stunning coin.

My only defect is the edge lettering is going off the edge in one place, and there is a strange "scuff" going around the whole coin.

Is it worth sending back for the edge alone?

20240319_113307.jpg

20240319_115642.jpg

20240319_115601.jpg

Edited by Kvasir
Added more photos.

On 13/03/2024 at 23:07, NGMD said:

One sold for £1800 yesterday. It would seem the Americans are very keen on the 5s and 10s.

Omg I think I made a good choice 

4 minutes ago, NumismaticNI said:

Strange Mark on the gold. Through the neck above the 4

PXL_20240319_082102715.NIGHT.jpg

I wouldn’t be too impressed seeing that if I’m honest, I would send it back tbf 

On 13/03/2024 at 23:15, AOB said:

Yes I was offered the coin but I’m not sure if I would want to be into that coin for any premium over RRP, but would look cool in the presentation box.

Are you thinking of graded or leaving as is? I think we all would love to see into the future and buy up all the good shiny coins 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

I will get it graded 

1 hour ago, NumismaticNI said:

I'm not too impressed. Other size is perfection too from what can see. 

Will have to give them a ring tomorrow.

Yes I would say you are.

Indeed straight back, with the instructions for a replacement!!

1 hour ago, Steve66 said:

I will get it graded 

Good stuff Steve, I will be interested to see what grade you get sir.

With the amount of poor quality coins being publicised, I would suspect there will be less 2oz gold graded at 70..

Edited by AOB
Spelling mistake

30 minutes ago, AOB said:

Yes I would say you are.

Indeed straight back, with the instructions for a replacement!!

Good stuff Steve, I will be interested to see what grade you get sir.

With the amount of poor quality coins being publicised, I would suspect there will be less 2oz gold graded at 70..

I will post the results 

3 minutes ago, Steve66 said:

I will post the results 

I look forward to the results sir🤞🏽

I think it may be time for RM to stop with the edge lettering - they clearly are having issues with it, one series you can understand but to do it again is just silly. Also, I’m going to say it, I once thought QC were the issue but again, some of the issues presented are as clear as day so at this point including multi-series feedback on QC issues - either management at RM is aware and letting these coins be sent or QC is just a sticker they put on. Even if RM are setting the QC bar low, they must know these coins will be returned. Again, QC on the odd coin or a particular series is feasible and understandable but this is becoming too common place at this point.

The coins by the way do look stunning, I regretted not by the 5oz and I think I still have that regret after seeing them in hand. 

16 hours ago, Steve66 said:

I sent back my original 10 oz silver because there was damage on the rim i received the replacement today with certificate number 2 

the coin is in excellent condition I have just posted it to NGC for grading 

I spoke to NGC customer service they said they have already received some 2 oz gold and silver and they are in excellent condition they also said no 10oz ones have been submitted yet except mine 

i will post the results when i hear back 

IMG_3177.jpeg

IMG_3176.jpeg

IMG_3178.jpeg

Wowwww! That must be a nice chunky piece to hold. 😍

Any pics from the side showing thickness and edge lettering?

25 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

I think it may be time for RM to stop with the edge lettering - they clearly are having issues with it, one series you can understand but to do it again is just silly. Also, I’m going to say it, I once thought QC were the issue but again, some of the issues presented are as clear as day so at this point including multi-series feedback on QC issues - either management at RM is aware and letting these coins be sent or QC is just a sticker they put on. Even if RM are setting the QC bar low, they must know these coins will be returned. Again, QC on the odd coin or a particular series is feasible and understandable but this is becoming too common place at this point.

The coins by the way do look stunning, I regretted not by the 5oz and I think I still have that regret after seeing them in hand. 

I hope they continue with the edge lettering and get it right. But yeah you would think they’d be putting extra effort into QC knowing there have been past issues. If youre after a 5oz i think there’s one going in the sales thread. 

Aaaahhh😉

2 hours ago, Simmoleon said:

Got a tidy 5oz if you are looking for one mate, and I will look after TSF members. 

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Wowwww! That must be a nice chunky piece to hold. 😍

Any pics from the side showing thickness and edge lettering?

Here is a photo of the one I returned 

IMG_3005.jpeg

1 minute ago, Steve66 said:

Here is a photo of the one I returned 

IMG_3005.jpeg

The lettering looks to be closer the the top ridge and not running perfectly even around the rim, or is it just the photos make it look like that? 

31 minutes ago, AOB said:

The lettering looks to be closer the the top ridge and not running perfectly even around the rim, or is it just the photos make it look like that? 

Yes Yor right another reason i returned