• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

38 minutes ago, JeffM said:

I like the Sovereigns.  Always have and always will.  I view it as a coin that symbolizes the UK.  My preference has always been for the proof Sovereign, but I do like the matte SOTD as something different for my collection.  But, IMO, issuing so many different Sovereigns dilutes the market and collectors' interests.  It's sort of like the American Silver Eagles here in the US.  While I certainly have some, I sort of get tired when there is a new release unless there is something unique about it.  Come to think of it, maybe the Royal Mint should consider a reverse proof Sovereign!

I love the RP Libertads and I'd think that a RP Sovereign would be gorgeous !

1 hour ago, Spanishsilver said:

Anyone else has a dispatch email from the Royal mint for the quintuple sovereign?

I have but seems a bit short sighted given the postal strike and the bank holiday weekend 🤔

Yes received it this afternoon…I guess it will wag up Tuesday or Weds. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Both still available for purchase, that is a surprise. Are all the flippers skint paying their leccy bills these days ????

These are expensive items.  For the RM to release both on the same day was crazy - sheer greed!  There are now so many varieties of the sovereign, it has to be really special to sell.  I think the mintages look high on both items.  To me the bullion double sovereign looks to be great value compared to these two items.

I’ve bought a lot at this year’s jubilee releases including the box sets but only kept the SOTD sovereign.
The proof double sovereign.
The quarter oz coronation obverse.
and now the matte quintuple sovereign and the piedfort sovereign 

I think it’s a nice little collection of jubilee gold coins but it’s enough now 😊

Once I’ve got over this outlay of cash I’m starting a collection of the special year double sovereign’s over the rest of the year and next 

I have bought the five sovereign piece and am very much looking forward to receiving it and adding it to my collection.

In answer to a couple of questions or points earlier on in the thread:

There was a bullion five sovereign piece issued in 2000.  In the same year there was also a BU version of the came coin, with a higher issue price.

The 2018 BU five sovereign piece came with the sapphire coronation privy mark and does not have a matte finish.  I think that matte finishes on the BU five sovereign piece coins started with the 2019 coin.

I haven't seen any physical examples of the 2019, 2020 and 2021 coins so I cannot comment on those.

Anyway - deep breath for my finances but I will love this coin regardless!

Edited by Stuntman

Here is a 2000 bullion quintuple sovereign coin.

I bought this coin from a dealer in September 2017 and it cost me about 2% above spot price on that date.

There had been a spike in the gold price over the few days before I bought this coin so it wasn't quite as cheap as it otherwise might have been, but it only owes me about of 70% the spot price of gold today.

It's a lovely thing.

S Quintuple Sovereign 2000.jpg

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

Both coins are still available.  Thought they'd be a quick sellout.  Seems to have stagnated now.

Can't believe both are still available!?

...Can I find some more cash for another piedfort 🤔

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

30 minutes ago, Ukbullionfan said:

Do you think I could get a refund if I ring them up ? I don’t want to wait until October to receive this. I should of read it more clearly tbh. Lol. 

I think people are talking it down. Look at it as a long term investment as opposed to a quick flip maybe…I genuinely believe it will do well in the future. 😊

1 hour ago, Ukbullionfan said:

Do you think I could get a refund if I ring them up ? I don’t want to wait until October to receive this. I should of read it more clearly tbh. Lol. 

They'll cancel the order no problem 

2 hours ago, Ukbullionfan said:

Some of them were dispatched on Friday despite only being "available to order", so they may turn up a lot sooner than expected. 

According to tracking, my order is being "processed" (by R. Mint) Royal Mail are "waiting for the item" item will arrive by Tuesday 30th August (R. Mint) but didn't say what year! 😒

I try to buy gold with my head and silver with my heart, sometimes..........I just get it wrong!

So I just got off the phone to royal mint. They are being produced this Friday and next Friday. So anyones that are being produced this Friday will be out next week, and any being produced the following Friday will be out the week after. I was about to get a refund but I thought I will wait. I obviously didn’t mention to them about wanting a refund I just wanted to here what they were saying first so will wait a few weeks more.