• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm giving today's releases a miss personally 

yeah im thinking the same at the moment but it is nice to be able to have time to think about the purchase rather than rush into it, do you know if the 5 sov will be available in bullion? 

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

For those who can afford the £5, I think it could be a good investment?

It is the first, and only (so far), special reverse + matte £5.

Totally spontaneous but I've just bought the Five Sovereign Coin! Gulp! 😆😅 I hope wasnt a mistake

Think this has a good chance of repeating the 2017 BU sovereign in terms of price, unique design, unique year etc. Mintage was 1000 of the 2017

Here are some comparisons if you wish to compare previous sales 

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/lots?search=2017+gold+5+pounds&limit=96

When you see the current RRP of of £2635 and hammer prices, grading, shipping and then less your sales commisions, there's not tremendous upside in potential and i think the 2017 is nicer design personally, hence my pass and not buying today   

Unless you get a holy grail 70 its likely to lose you money 

Edited by Paul

2 minutes ago, lst65 said:

Totally spontaneous but I've just bought the Five Sovereign Coin! Gulp! 😆😅 I hope wasnt a mistake

Honestly I think you couldn’t lose on this one. It has the same (if not lower) mintage than the regular £5 Proof and see what those are selling for right now.

6 minutes ago, lst65 said:

you can always return it if you get buyers remorse and it doesn't sell out or you see flippers cant flip them on FB groups lol ! 

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Think this has a good chance of repeating the 2017 BU sovereign in terms of price, unique design, unique year etc. Mintage was 1000 of the 2017

Here are some comparisons if you wish to compare previous sales 

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/lots?search=2017+gold+5+pounds&limit=96

When you see the current RRP of of £2635 and hammer prices, grading, shipping and then less your sales commisions, there's not tremendous upside in potential and i think the 2017 is nicer design personally, hence my pass and not buying today   

Unless you get a holy grail 70 its likely to lose you money 

Good point. The 2017 design is lovely but the £5 BU has frosting on the reverse but none at all on the obverse.

I’d love to get a 2017 Proof £5 myself. ☺️

Whoa!!

Just seen the email from the mint this morning which arrived at 09:14 and thought yeah, no chance - I clicked the link anyway as you do...

What The... the Piedfort is still available to order!!?? so hit the button.

Another Gulp! here @lst65 even for the Piedfort, let alone a £5 BU... eek!

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

7 minutes ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Whoa!!

Just seen the email from the mint this morning which arrived at 09:14 and thought yeah, no chance - I clicked the link anyway as you do...

What The... the Piedfort is still available to order!!?? so hit the button.

Another Gulp! here @lst65 even for the Piedfort, let alone a £5 BU... eek!

Well it’s either a short term flip or it’ll go into a safety deposit box for my son to sell when I pop my clogs. 😂

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Nothings sold out as yet 

That is quite surprising given the clamour for the proof run but over the last 6 months or so it seems like the market is really slowing down for collectibles. If this were 6 months ago these would be on ebay for twice the price by now.

I'm not sure why I'm not buying the 5 pound as I do like it but I just can't see the value in it, feels like a lot for bullion, it's proof pricing really.

Im a slave to all things 2022 sovereigns it seems - so the £5 is the one for me!

Gonna give the piedfort a miss, never been a fan of double thickness coins - double diameter, sign me up every day of the week though!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Im a slave to all things 2022 sovereigns it seems - so the £5 is the one for me!

Gonna give the piedfort a miss, never been a fan of double thickness coins - double diameter, sign me up every day of the week though!

Same with me on the regular vs. piedfort. I really do like this design otherwise I wouldn’t have gone for it.  The 5 sovereign is not normally a coin I collect, but I bought this 2022!  

7 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I think either will be a great investment... err, addition to any collection but I'm really stretching getting a piedfort.  I budgeted for a proof 2022 Sovereign and somehow managed to scrape enough together this year for a SotD and Piedfort as well.  I think I've only bought 2-3 bullion Sov's this year 😅

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019