• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

Tried two more times to checkout with the 5 sov, seems to be having a wobble, wondering if they have sold out but the front end has not updated for some reason

I was kind of 50/50 on this anyway so will take that as a sign

28 minutes ago, JeffM said:

I bought the piedfort.  Really excited about this coin!  I am a sucker for anything piedfort.  If the Mint were to indicate that Anne Jessop is piedfort, I'd buy her too!

Did you get that elusive pattern piedfort Sovereign set, or any individual ones from that set?  Now those must be some gorgeous coins for sure.  I can’t even imagine what a piedfort £5 would look and feel like. 

9 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Did you get that elusive pattern piedfort Sovereign set, or any individual ones from that set?  Now those must be some gorgeous coins for sure.  I can’t even imagine what a piedfort £5 would look and feel like. 

No, I've been spending too much lately!  In addition to the piedfort, I have the regular proof Sovereign as well as the SOTD.

33 minutes ago, JeffM said:

No, I've been spending too much lately!  In addition to the piedfort, I have the regular proof Sovereign as well as the SOTD.

I love the matte Sovereigns - I find I’ve liked them better than the regular Proofs. I’d love to see a £5 matte in the flesh.

26 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

I was lucky enough to obtain one of the pattern piedfort sovereign sets and it is beautiful. Shame that it has to sit in my bank safe deposit box due to the value.

Oh that’s amazing. I did watch some videos on YouTube and see some pics here (I think); it may have been yours.

It looks like only 70 people in the world will ever be able to have a definitive 2022 Sovereign collection.

28 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

I would have thought they would have sold out in about 15mins. I'm sure the Royal Mint releasing them on a Thursday instead of a Monday has a part to play in that.

Also it’s a few days from payday for many. 

Just now, GoldStatue said:

I would have thought they would have sold out in about 15mins. I'm sure the Royal Mint releasing them on a Thursday instead of a Monday has a part to play in that.

I was surprised but I guess the Royal Tudor Beasts are a more valuable Monday flash sale?.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Next Royal Tudor Beasts coin is Thursday too (1 September).

I'm still out of sync on dates (aka brain dead) after a fortnight away... Doh! 😆

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

1 minute ago, Ukbullionfan said:

Is the five coin pattern set different to these two new coins ? As I’ve seen videos from 3 months ago with these coins allegedly 

The 5 coin set has smooth edges. 

They're pattern coins, so they aren't legal tender either. What a con 🤣

5 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Very chunky and heavy !

I got my set back from grading and I have 1 PF 69 and 4 PF70, unfortunately, the PF69 is the master coin.  The £5 is in a thick slab, so we can't see the thickness. Other coins are in a standard slab, and  we can admire the plain edge thickness, even the quarter piedfort is nice to see and far from being ridiculous. I'll post pictures later 

I ordered the £5 BU graded MS70 from The Coin Connection for around £130 on top of the RRP. I think this is an interesting bet as this is the only Matte special 5 Sovereign to date with a relatively low mintage (and probably the only one that'll exist during QE reign) , 

With the 5 coins proof set, the SOTD Sovereign, The 5 Coin Pattern Piedfort Set, this £5 BU ends up beautifully my 2022 Sovereign collection (except the Piedfort I did not buy)

Edited by Frenchie

15 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I ordered the £5 BU graded MS70 from The Coin Connection for around £130 on top of the RRP. I think this is an interesting bet as this is the only Matte special 5 Sovereign to date with a relatively low mintage (and probably the only one that'll exist during QE reign) , 

With the 5 coins proof set, the SOTD Sovereign, The 5 Coin Pattern Piedfort Set, this £5 BU ends up beautifully my 2022 Sovereign collection (except the Piedfort I did not buy)

You've picked well. I hope it pays off in years to come. We've both bought very similar, past few years :)

nice to be part of each others stacking  journey's 

Edited by Paul

Well sod it, I can't believe these are still for sale so I just had to do it and get the 5 piece. 

I know the 2022 sovs will be be special in the future and I've been holding out on buying anything recently due to the prices so bugger it I guess, look forward to seeing it

34 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Well sod it, I can't believe these are still for sale so I just had to do it and get the 5 piece. 

I know the 2022 sovs will be be special in the future and I've been holding out on buying anything recently due to the prices so bugger it I guess, look forward to seeing it

Leap of faith ! Who knows what is down the line. He who never takes a risk will never improve or learn 

38939-Muhammad-Ali-Quote-He-who-is-not-courageous-enough-to-take-risks.jpg