• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

1 minute ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Just a thought....as this  is starting with Ole Henry VII - I wonder what this series would look like if they had an Antique finish instead of proof? More realistic to the times??

That would be nice and the RM would see a lot less quality related returns on an antique finish 😆

29 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

I don't know how everyone is keeping up with these. I really like the coin but I'm tapped out on my coin buying. Any sort of downturn or slow down will wreck this new royal mint business model I believe. I have more than one hobby sadly and this is getting a bit much. 

I think we are all feeling this mate, it’s exhausting. The 2nd Gothic is out next month!  

50 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Not a fan of this to be honest, basically flooding the market with PF70's 

I would be more of a fan of buying a PF70 direct from the mint for coin + grading fee and a small handing fee for the mints efforts, but from dealers it means possibly hiked prices.

I've noticed a lot of people sending perfectly good coins back for the slightest of imperfections, maybe this has effected RM decision to do this?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 hour ago, Jeremyzed said:

Appearently, this series came about due to a collbaration with a partner. The reason for the graded slab to show up on NGC yesterday and 1oz gold were limit 100 in limited presention was because as part of the collbartion agreement, 500 out of the 600 one ounce would be sent directly to the partner, and they would grade them, seemingly this would be the case for all of the coins in the series,this is only the case for the one ounce though.

Apperently, another part of the agreement is that a certain proption of the coins must be PF70 for the partner. Well, I guess royal mint does know how to QC after all if them can agree that sort of terms!!

Sounds reassuring actually; the rare issue will be the raw one in RM presentation box! Only 100

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

4 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I got a 1 Oz silver.  The 2 Oz was available but I couldn’t be bothered.  The designs and diameters are the same. I’m happy with my 1 Oz. ☺️

I got the 1 oz. too.  With these ridiculously low mintages, we are lucky to get anything.  Maybe the RM will start selling empty boxes with an edition size of 1,000!

i bet a good few folk are caught out seeing the 100 mintage of the 1oz gold and not see the maximum total mintage of 610 

If they bought to grade and find out there is already for 100+ PF70s to contend with already sat in dealer(s) hands

Hope im right with my gut feel about sitting out on the side lines with this release 

Skipped this release - did not like the look of the coin. Also feel it will perform poorly, simply as the coins do not seem anywhere near as popular. 2oz gold was available hours after release. Compared that to minutes for the Gothic Crown 2oz gold. Platinum Jubilee 2oz gold was also gone quite quickly.

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

i bet a good few folk are caught out seeing the 100 mintage of the 1oz gold and not see the maximum total mintage of 610 

If they bought to grade and find out there is already for 100+ PF70s to contend with already sat in dealer(s) hands

Hope im right with my gut feel about sitting out on the side lines with this release 

Just flipped the 1oz silver for £250 didn't take long 🤷‍♂️ maybe this series has legs?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Too many coins too fast for me… back to the sanity of beaten up old early 20th century bullion sovs…..felt like a port in a rough sea after the last few months of ever increasing series, umissables and speculative fomo. Good luck to all with this series, I hope it treats you well but it is not for me.

So there are to be 21 in total in British Monarchs series.

2oz gold at 'current' RRP £4,775   (inevitable prices rises will no doubt occur over next three years)

Its going to cost minimum of  £100,275+ to complete the series 

Crazy when you think it like that ! that's "buy a house" kind of money in my neck of the woods ! 

I'm happy I chose the 1oz silver. Affordable. Might appeal to a wider audience, particularly with another 20 coins to come in the series. And it has a relatively low mintage as well.

I do like the series. It's really grown on me and I feel a little safer with a small outlay if it depreciates or if I can't complete the set etc.

I said to customer service rep today that the outlay for gold is huge. She just said "The kind of customer that buys gold won't be too bothered" Which is probably true tbf. 

Yep, 21 in the series, that is some serious milking of the purses going on there….and £100,000 to complete will probably end up being greater than that if au rises in spot price….

Edited by Oldun

This is the first time, that I know of at least, that they've taken the "lower mintage, higher releases" approach. I find that really interesting how it pans out. I wonder what the series will be like by the time they release Elizabeth II..