• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

I feel “free” after thinking about this release objectively rather than emotionally.

Yes it is another well-marketed series by the Royal Mint, and it’ll make you feel like you missed out; but unless you’re looking to quickly flip it, there’s really no inherent beauty to these coins, certainly not at these prices.

I am glad I managed to get the 1 Oz silver. I was extremely lucky to somehow get a low queue number (84) whereas for the Platinum Jubilee release, when I really wanted to buy some designs, I had a number > 8,000 and got nothing in the end.

Guys!  You haven’t missed out.  There’ll be another cool release again. The next Great Engravers after the Gothic Crown will be there.  Cheer up! 🙂

Like the great engravers there's no formal continuity, but also like the great engravers if you have collected all the past ones it definitely gives you a better chance of securing one when you get put on reserve lists and speak to them. It isn't about this release for me, albeit clever what they've done and im looking forward to getting it. Wether I keep it or not is another thing. For me, im interested in the future releases, when you get to George III and the dims match up with a few outliers on the way, William and Mary, Queen Mary, Elizabeth I etc. These are going to be in proof, with the Edward VII, will they do a matt proof to match the 1902? we'll see at the end of this year, but anything from George III onwards (in monarch date order) is going to be very hot imo. These other ones we'll see.... what about a special release of Edward VIII 😅

Edited by SilverMike

43 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

That’s what makes it so unfair, the flippers always seem to get these releases but many collectors miss out.

I’m being a sore looser of course but this happened to me with the Gothic Crown. In the queue early and nothing left. 😬

Exactly the same, in early on both & ended up with hee haw ☹️

How do punters get on the site before the queue has even started??

7 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I feel “free” after thinking about this release objectively rather than emotionally.

Yes it is another well-marketed series by the Royal Mint, and it’ll make you feel like you missed out; but unless you’re looking to quickly flip it, there’s really no inherent beauty to these coins, certainly not at these prices.

I am glad I managed to get the 1 Oz silver. I was extremely lucky to somehow get a low queue number (84) whereas for the Platinum Jubilee release, when I really wanted to buy some designs, I had a number > 8,000 and got nothing in the end.

Guys!  You haven’t missed out.  There’ll be another cool release again. The next Great Engravers after the Gothic Crown will be there.  Cheer up! 🙂

Yeah i'm happy with my 1oz :) as you shouldn't lose on that.

Yes it's telling when even i got on and everything was still in stock lol.

1 minute ago, blackadder said:

Yeah i'm happy with my 1oz :) as you shouldn't lose on that.

Yes it's telling when even i got on and everything was still in stock lol.

I think the 1 oz silver was a good choice. Should give us the best chance of getting the rest of the series on release also.

2 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Exactly the same, in early on both & ended up with hee haw ☹️

How do punters get on the site before the queue has even started??

Its something I have been looking at recently (genuinely from an interest perspective). This was due to seeing it happen on previous releases.

I don't fully know how widespread is, or if there is a consistent method for doing so.

I have my suspicions around what happens, but I also think the door might have gotten closed this morning.

There might be other ways, but I have some suspicions around how there maybe be more people doing it recently. 

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

Its something I have been looking at recently (genuinely from an interest perspective). This was due to seeing it happen on previous releases.

I don't fully know how widespread is, or if there is a consistent method for doing so.

I have my suspicions around what happens, but I also think the door might have gotten closed this morning.

There might be other ways, but I have some suspicions around how there maybe be more people doing it recently. 

Yeah, I only learnt about it on the Gothic release (after the event), you needed the product code and you could link straight to it and add to basked immediatly on release. It didn't work this morning

1 minute ago, SilverMike said:

Yeah, I only learnt about it on the Gothic release (after the event), you needed the product code and you could link straight to it and add to basked immediatly on release. It didn't work this morning

Jeez, anyone got a tutorial on how to do this 🙃

I wonder if this is what has pumped the recent prices in hammered coins, word has got out the mint are buying to make sets up? Some crazy prices at Spink recently for nice, but not normally extremely expensive coins. Wouldn't want to be on that spike, ive had some nice, high grade hammered coins and I become ambivalent to them quickly and move them on

3 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Tbh, if the RM have closed that door, it's the fairest outcome  even though I was on the cusp of figuring  it out 😉