• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

I think it was the right move by the Royal Mint to have quite a low mintage. Its started the series off on the right footing.

I don't think I am a huge fan of this coin but waiting to see it in hand to decide.

15 minutes ago, foinikas said:

How can you see remaining numbers?

If you are happy to look in the source of the product page, you will find it in there.

Apparently they are looking to address the issue with queues. By that I mean how it randomly assigns everyone a number from the stroke of 9am.

Who knows how they can fix it? I was thinking they could start issuing queue numbers at 6am and have everyone wait for 3 hours before the website opens 😂 That would really test the patience...

I’ve just come off the phone to RM, still didn’t manage to get anything but placed on the ‘reservation’ list. I was in this for the Gothic Crown and got nothing. So I’m not hopeful.

Anyway, the man I was speaking to thought this was a one off release and had no idea it was a series until I told him. Then when I told him it’s a four year series, he found his email about it and corrected me and said it’s a five year series ending in 2027.

He laughed when I said “How are people’s nerves supposed to take this stress to complete this series?” I wasn’t joking. 🙄 😬

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

Apparently they are looking to address the issue with queues. By that I mean how it randomly assigns everyone a number from the stroke of 9am.

Who knows how they can fix it? I was thinking they could start issuing queue numbers at 6am and have everyone wait for 3 hours before the website opens 😂 That would really test the patience...

put them up for sale at 3am :)

1 minute ago, Foster88 said:

He laughed when I said “How are people’s nerves supposed to take this stress to complete this series?” I wasn’t joking.

Absolutely. I'm not doing this again if it's like this for ever single release in the series!

I'm content with having secured the first in the series. I can't justify collecting all of them, and if you're only going to get one of them, this is the one to get surely.

5 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

.....so what is the point of this series?

To generate extra revenue for the Royal Mint of course !!

Personally, I cannot see this series being a success either. I just don't see enough collectors who are also monarchists buying into the whole series. Instead I see flippers seeking to make a few quid.

15 minutes ago, James32 said:

4.5k profit...but I agree optimistic lol

< 4K profit after fees... 🤓

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

7 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Why buy anything modern then..! I suppose it because people will believe these will be classics in a few years

I think, it's much easier and cheaper than collecting historical and ancient coins in superb condition. 

I tried right now to see my order in my RM account,  4115 users in the queue ahead😂 Did i miss something?

4 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

What's this about the household limit of 1? I was told on the phone it was limit of three for the 1oz silver?

I was told on the phone that it’s strictly one per coin per household.

3 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

It'll be really impressive to see a full set 2027, but cant see this happening without paying well over the odds for a couple of coins and a couple new stress lines on the forehead!

A few new stress lines.... we’ll all need Botox by 2027. 😂