• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

I agree with everyone else that the pick of the bunch is the £5. It is such a shame that the Jody Clark portrait will only be available in the annual set. It would be great to have one of these in gold, but I don’t want to go the expense of buying all of the others as part of the annual set. 

Well... I will wait it out until the 6th...very unlikely the annual 2022 set will sell out before then...the crown reverse with the Queen on horseback obverse will be my pick of the Platinum Jubilee coins...hope👼 I can get one in silver proof...would settle for nickel🙂

Edited by Shell
diction

9 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

What are your thoughts?

I notice the BBC did a news item about them:

"Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Royal Mint releases new coins

A set of new coin designs have been released by the Royal Mint to mark the new year and the upcoming Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

The designs take years to develop [!!!] and aim to mark memorable moments in history.

The £2 coins will have either a portrait of Dame Vera Lynn or a telephone - the invention of Alexander Graham Bell. [What, they haven't made their mind up yet?]

The 50 pence coin features a design to commemorate the Commonwealth Games, which will be held in Birmingham in 2022.

* [My comments]

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

4 hours ago, westminstrel said:

This one: 

We will also be releasing a number of larger coins bearing a beautifully decorative, regal design by the coinage artist John Bergdahl.

Is it too many coins already and we are not in 2022 yet?  We have the annual sets, then they are showing 2 coins for now that will be launched for the Jubilee edition and the larger coins you mention by John Berdahl.  I like different coins just not a fan of the RM double dipping issuing multiple versions of the same coin. There will be massive demand for 2022 jubilee coins.  I will go nuts for a Jubilee sovereign the SOTD is a must for me but would love one with a special obverse.

The RM have not yet fulfilled my 2022 sovereign order, and I’m not the only one, my larger Gothics are not due until mid Jan, and we have these annual sets and numerous jubilee coins at the start of the year.  Will be interesting to see what the lead time will be for these new coins. 

15 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The RM have not yet fulfilled my 2022 sovereign order, and I’m not the only one, my larger Gothics are not due until mid Jan, and we have these annual sets and numerous jubilee coins at the start of the year.  Will be interesting to see what the lead time will be for these new coins. 

I agree. They don't have the capacity for fulfilling past releases it seems. It seems the sales targets are taking a lead over their operational capacity.

I assume it can't continue indefinitely that way, you can already see the gothic portrait, some people will likely be waiting until May or June.

It's these sell out releases in particular, they know they could take all of the money and ship within a week or so. They still have 1800 due from me, when they eventually ship the gothic.

I would have imagined money in the till should be king, and perhaps they should arrange their capacity around that, and perhaps lessen the various versions of other stuff.

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I agree. They don't have the capacity for fulfilling past releases it seems. It seems the sales targets are taking a lead over their operational capacity.

I assume it can't continue indefinitely that way, you can already see the gothic portrait, some people will likely be waiting until May or June.

It's these sell out releases in particular, they know they could take all of the money and ship within a week or so. They still have 1800 due from me, when they eventually ship the gothic.

I would have imagined money in the till should be king, and perhaps they should arrange their capacity around that, and perhaps lessen the various versions of other stuff.

I have worked for a company with a similar policy you are describing, the cancellations were massive.  People either bought elsewhere or just got fed up, in this market the value of a coin in the same week can be the hottest thing around the following week it’s old news.

I’ll wait for the sov, and gothic but there no way I’d want to wait for 2022 modern commemoratives.  

Thanks GoldDiggerDave for pointing this out, I forgot about the old dial phones and have gone off the coin now🙂 Will see what the horseback design looks like before making an actual decision, a silver proof one ounce might cost, at least, £100 to acquire🙄

Edited by Shell
Diction