• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Platinum Jubilee SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

We @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer do take payments immediately, but if you spoke to one of our Customer Service Team, we may have been able to help you, although we don't normally take part payments, except on some pre-order items. We do try to be helpful.

🙂

Thanks, will know for next time. 

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer do take payments immediately, but if you spoke to one of our Customer Service Team, we may have been able to help you, although we don't normally take part payments, except on some pre-order items. We do try to be helpful.

🙂

Guess who's getting a phone call tomorrow 🤪  I've big plans for 2022 Lawrence and now with you/your teams help "I'm going places"

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Some people are never going to understand other peoples opinions.  Chards May be charging more for the coins than rrp now but they sold a few to members here on release day for rrp.  They could easily waited till after feb 6th and charged £850.   I think they have got pricing spot on.    They are my preferred business to buy new releases off because they have always delivered excellent quality in a timely manor.     Some members don’t understand the concept of sotd coins by collectors will

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

I'm hoping this SOTD drags up the prices of other SOTD's 

Think it will,simply because there will be a few thousand ready with money wanting ,but don't stand a chance ( they will be looking for somewhere to spend lol)

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Think it will,simply because there will be a few thousand ready with money wanting ,but don't stand a chance ( they will be looking for somewhere to spend lol)

I keep on saying this the best SOTD sovereign was George 5th birthday 2018.   It's a total gem, it's the closest most of us will ever get to owning an un milled proof sovereign.   Technically it's a BU but it's a proof in everything but name and there's no privy tattoos on the coin.   Many of these got graded as PR not MS.  

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I keep on saying this the best SOTD sovereign was George 5th birthday 2018.   It's a total gem, it's the closest most of us will ever get to owning an un milled proof sovereign.   Technically it's a BU but it's a proof in everything but name and there's no privy tattoos on the coin.   Many of these got graded as PR not MS.  

I Love your description and appreciation of a sovereign and agree with you completely 

just a shame the reason for this Sotd isn’t so compelling as your description 😂 

28 minutes ago, James32 said:

Says below it's only a guaranteed pre order

What has you confused Sam.

You mentioned inside connections and I pointed out its a pre-order....maybe I'm reading this wrong?

39 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Someone must have inside connections 😲

It’s just someone who’s bought it pre release from chards/ mark Osborne coins etc trying to get the first (and biggest) flip on eBay. I don’t think there’s a mole in the Royal Mint if that’s what you’re meaning to say.

Probably a high probability it’s someone on this forum. Lets start a witch hunt!

6110AA7D-820C-4F60-9C69-4448DBBB4661.gif.534dff4e90f3b538c20a1e78ac40721d.gif

(Thats a joke before the witch hunt does actually start…flipping is an emotive subject after all).

22 minutes ago, James32 said:

What has you confused Sam.

You mentioned inside connections and I pointed out its a pre-order....maybe I'm reading this wrong?

Well a pre-order is like a gaurentee or am I wrong? So my little confusion is...how does this seller know he/she is going to be lucky enough to get one on release day..or have they already secured one from a dealer??

14 minutes ago, Shep said:

It’s just someone who’s bought it pre release from chards/ mark Osborne coins etc trying to get the first (and biggest) flip on eBay. I don’t think there’s a mole in the Royal Mint if that’s what you’re meaning to say.

Probably a high probability it’s someone on this forum. Lets start a witch hunt!

6110AA7D-820C-4F60-9C69-4448DBBB4661.gif.534dff4e90f3b538c20a1e78ac40721d.gif

(Thats a joke before the witch hunt does actually start…flipping is an emotive subject after all).

Oh...OK.. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Well a pre-order is like a gaurentee or am I wrong? So my little confusion is...how does this seller know he/she is going to be lucky enough to get one on release day..or have they already secured one from a dealer??

Whilst this is only a educated guess at best....a pre-order from a secondary dealer is guaranteed as far as I'm aware.

20 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

🙂

Interesting, I have a reasonable order in with no idea of delivery date at present, but that was explained to me. 

20 minutes ago, James32 said:

Whilst this is only a educated guess at best....a pre-order from a secondary dealer is guaranteed as far as I'm aware.

Nice profit...but I would take that price with a pinch of salt....from what I've seen lately flippers are getting a bit of a profit but no where near their original asking prices...

4 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Nice profit...but I would take that price with a pinch of salt....from what I've seen lately flippers are getting a bit of a profit but no where near their original asking prices...

Well I'm buying it because I'm hardcore 😁