• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Platinum Jubilee SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

3 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Yes I understand but wat I don't like or understand that certain dealers place a premium on these coins of around  £400 for these coins.....leaves a very bad taste in my mouth hence I wouldn't purchase one pre-sale...to me its a complete p**s take..but that's just my opinion....maybe I should change career and be a bullion dealer and make tonnes of money from people who want these coins...maybe I've missed my vocation...hahaha..

It's nowhere near a £400 premium. £715 is only £40 more than the RRP, which is what the Royal Mint will sell it at.

7 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Yes my mistake apologies  and thanks for putting me right ....

By the time they get to ebay the premium will be £400 😂 , I can see them selling for well over 1K fairly quickly 😅

Edited by Midasfrog

Thought what the heck and bought one as a pre-order. Paid £800 for my EU strike on the day Sov (via Coin Connection on day of release with 1,500 mintage) and this will join it. Lots of history and first of a kind for this Sov, unlikely to see another one and yes with a big demand, gettin one on the morning will be tough no doubt.

Edited by MancunianStacker

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

8 hours ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Wow......I'm not saying anymore..except £715 for a sovreign...albeit a SOTD....is ridiculous, saying that if its something you really want that's cool...but (rip off springs to mind)....again with respect 🙂

My money, my choice.

I don't feel ripped off at all. It's a unique coin with a tiny mintage. The number of posts on this thread hints at It's desirability, as does the fact that it's sold out everywhere you can preorder it.

If you happen to collect SOTDs then it makes sense to secure one at close to RRP rather than risk not getting one when they go on sale and having to pay considerably more in the secondary market.

8 hours ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Mmmm not sure about that! But good luck to those who purchase them at get over £1000..I will be keeping a look put for that price..

The 2017 ones go for over 1k, graded MS 70......

27 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Still available at Chards…..is there another SOTD due later on in the year?  Sorry if I’ve missed a few post been in hospital. 

None that we know of, although I hope there won’t be one for Prince William’s 40th birthday in June. That’d be just too many releases imo. 

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I hope there won’t be one for Prince William’s 40th birthday in June. That’d be just too many releases imo.

100% agree. Having skin in the game with this one I’m really hoping this is the only issue of a SOTD plain edge matte sovereign with the special reverse. Nice low mintage compared to the proof and would clearly do wonders for its future collectibility. 

Though saying that, what’s the usual number of SOTD Sovereign releases per year that we have seen recently? 2/3?

Theres probably more chance of my child’s rocking horse taking a s**t than the RM only releasing one SOTD Sov this year.

I'm wondering how the dealers keep getting extra supplies of these after they are sold out.  Do they hold some back?  Trade with other dealers?  Since the dealers apparently already know their allocation from the RM, this means that there will be considerably less than 1,200 available when the RM puts them on sale.

16 hours ago, kimchi said:

Sorry guys and gals just had a thought...a William with the usual reverse...the Mint won't be able to resist surely? :wacko:

To be fair the Royal Mint do churn out 2 or 3 different SOTD every year so it is to be expected.

Like in 2017 they kept the special design to just one of the SOTD, so a normal St George reverse shouldn't have any effect on this one.

If they really want to milk it they could do a second special design SOTD with a DPL finish later in the year, that would take the biscuit!

14 hours ago, JJH said:

God everytime everyweb when I wake up it always no longer available😑really give up

If you are still interested and willing to spend a few pounds more, they are still available at UK Gold Coins:

https://ukgoldcoins.co.uk/product/the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-celebration-sovereign/

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

If you are still interested and willing to spend a few pounds more, they are still available at UK Gold Coins:

https://ukgoldcoins.co.uk/product/the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-celebration-sovereign/

Thanks for this, just ordered one.

I'll still try get another in the RM queue on the 6th, though couldn't resist paying £100 more for a guaranteed coin.  Last thing I want is being 25000 in the queue with regrets for not paying £125 more than msrp!

1 hour ago, Timberwolf said:

Thanks for this, just ordered one.

I'll still try get another in the RM queue on the 6th, though couldn't resist paying £100 more for a guaranteed coin.  Last thing I want is being 25000 in the queue with regrets for not paying £125 more than msrp!

Yeah **** the royal mint and it's lame queue.