• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

9 hours ago, RiverbankSilver said:

Well my coin never turned up when it was due yesterday 😞 Anxious times.

Tracking doesn’t make much sense either.  Despatched from Birmingham to my town at 4am yesterday morning, then received back at Birmingham at 5am (hr later)that same morning  🤔not moved since.

Anything with the word ‘Royal’ in at the moment is giving me anxiety 😟 

I am looking with envy at all the pictures posted here, especially the gold version with the wonderful satiny finish. 

my 2oz silver is despatched on wednesday, but RoyalMail tracking still showing in transit from Cardiff MC to royal mail site for international shipment. I wonder why the transit from Cardiff MC to another royal mail site took so long since wednesday... 😅

https://coins.ha.com/itm/great-britain/world-coins/victoria-proof-gothic-crown-1847-pr63-cameo-ngc-/p/3097-67009.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

There's an original Victoria Proof "Gothic" Crown 1847 PR63 Cameo NGC, KM744, S-3883, ESC-2578 (R2) rarer  "Plain edge" In Heritage Auctions Platinum Night auction soon in New York in January 10th 2022 very soon to wet our whistles/follow. 

See if all the hype of the recent RM re-launch helps this one set a bench mark for current interest/prices 

This New York sale is also where the graded Una & Lion went for $10,000+, and speaking of Una, there is also an original PR64 £5 gold in the same sale/same day ! Another high six figure sale i'll wager 

https://coins.ha.com/itm/great-britain/world-coins/victoria-gold-proof-una-and-the-lion-5-pounds-1839-pr64-deep-cameo-pcgs-/p/3097-64001.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

https://www.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=3184+792+4294942563+&Ntk=SI_Titles&Nty=1&Ntt=gothic&limitTo=all&ic5=CatalogHome-ActionArea-Search-071515

There are in total five different original silver Gothic Crowns in this Platinum Night sale in the USA in January, certainly not bad thing having this many sell so close to the recent release.  Might be folk who would like to own the original and Queen Elizabeth II versions 

EIC Gothic next?  To be fair the EIC 3G Pattern Crown was a little gem IMO.  They produce some nice coins and some go under the radar the £2 Tudor rose Sovereign is top draw.........Just not my favourite portrait of QEII.  

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

28 minutes ago, Paul said:

This New York sale is also where the graded Una & Lion went for $10,000+, and speaking of Una, there is also an original PR64 £5 gold in the same sale/same day ! Another high six figure sale i'll wager 

https://coins.ha.com/itm/great-britain/world-coins/victoria-gold-proof-una-and-the-lion-5-pounds-1839-pr64-deep-cameo-pcgs-/p/3097-64001.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

I would give my right bollock for that coin.  In fact probably both.

Does anyone know if you can bid bollocks ?

If anyone is willing to chip in, that would be grand.

Edited by NewCoins

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I would give my right bollock for that coin.  In fact probably both.

Does anyone know if you can bid bollocks ?

If anyone is willing to chip in, that would be grand.

Can't help with the Bollocks, but I've got a cockatoo if that helps!!!!!😂😂

cock.png

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

OK, this is really interesting.

I put a few really lowball cheeky offers into ebay for the 2 oz gold, never going to be accepted.

What it has allowed though is when an item sells to see what it actually sold for, very interesting. 

This one that was listed at £10,999 buy it now just sold for £8500

Someone got a great deal there I think. 

interesting.jpg

Interesting final price. Not far from what I thought initially. A total steal as I think the 2oz gold (grained) will be in the c.£15k range in the summer next year. Anything around the £8-10 mark now is super good.

21 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Interesting final price. Not far from what I thought initially. A total steal as I think the 2oz gold (grained) will be in the c.£15k range in the summer next year. Anything around the £8-10 mark now is super good.

I agree

I would have had to find some very good reasons to not buy if the £6000 offer I put in originally was countered with that £8500

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Here’s my dad’s coin under 5x magnification (looks pretty minty so will probably send it for grading for him), can anyone see any issues??

I’ve not received mine yet but mines the continuity purchase, saying that, my dads was supposed to be the continuity one also 🤷‍♂️.

Mine’s marked as despatched with a Green tick  but no tracking number so I believe I might receive it in January 🤷‍♂️ (if at all).

We both bought and paid for the single then minutes later saw the continuity option so we both bought that too. My A.M has said in writing that I’ll get both “sides” (portrait to follow) so fingers crossed (not sure about my dad). They’ve took his money x 2 already and my A.M said my single has been cancelled, so I expect his has too.

Right mess!!

Anyway, glad to have one!! They really do look so much better physically. 

4E62C0B7-9D74-4EE0-81B5-A64C5952A799.jpeg

4DF895C8-89C7-4C49-9AA3-A7FCFE5AFDC9.jpeg

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 minute ago, danmc82 said:

I'd expect nothing less from the Guardian.

They probably think investing in water is just as good as Gold/Silver.

If you could bottle it it would be

I like to buy the pre-dip dip