• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

9 minutes ago, Gordy said:

probably because the difference in minting the 5oz first to the two oz is about half a million quid+ in revenue, so they will always get the smaller higher mintage coins done before the 5oz lower mintage ones 

Good point.

On the flip side I assume it's more profit per coin on the bigger ones

I can understand them not minting all of the Mr Men coins.....BUT come on,  low mintage Great Engravers are always going to be a sellout, they could double the mintage figures and they still would have sold within minutes.    

1 hour ago, MickB said:

I've just been on the phone to the Royal Mint, yet again to chase up my order. The fella told me that my 5oz silver GC will be dispatched by the middle of next week after going through quality control. He said they didn't expect them to sell out so quickly and only had half of them made initially. Anyone else still waiting?

Should have said....forget going thru QC just send it now...😄

We always do our best to process refunds within 7-10 days. Please make sure the items are in the same condition as you received them, including the packaging.

T and c’s on the mints website. Nah you’re alright, I’ll dust to capsule, close the coin in it and display the way it should be orientated (another bugbear of mine, I’ve NEVER had a coin orientated properly in the display case from the mint, no matter how tight the capsule or expensive the set. )  And the scratches were already on the coin!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

3 hours ago, MickB said:

I've just been on the phone to the Royal Mint, yet again to chase up my order. The fella told me that my 5oz silver GC will be dispatched by the middle of next week after going through quality control. He said they didn't expect them to sell out so quickly and only had half of them made initially. Anyone else still waiting?

Yep. I was told they were minting them in batches and that mine would be part of the batch supplied this weekend…….we shall see…..

Edited by Oldun

2 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Any news on replacements and where theses might come from ?

Is it to simple to suggest that they mint some new ones and when they get back the below standard ones then they melt those down, hence keeping to montage figures?

4 minutes ago, Petra said:

Is it to simple to suggest that they mint some new ones and when they get back the below standard ones then they melt those down, hence keeping to montage figures?

I wish it was that simple Petra 

with some releases I know that’s not the usual tactics by the rm but it should be 

Kinda hoping for some news by someone that has been told by the rm as what they plan is to ensure a better replacement is sent out 

Edited by magpie79

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

See, we have their attention:

Just watched it. Well done for making this happen and feeding this all back to them. I haven't had any issues myself but time and time again seeing the quality of the stuff people are receiving from the RM on this forum, it makes me wonder how long until it happens to me. 

Really is a shame for all the people who have had issues with the coins they are receiving, and I hope as you said that anyone from the smallest spender to the biggest spenders with AM's are able to get their issues sorted. 

Just now, Gordy said:

how much for the bust box?😂

Its already been dissected and subsequently binned.

I was curious what it was made of.

Actually very pleasantly surprised to see hard wearing metal underneath the faux leather outside. It is actually quite high quality and well made (other than the faulty ribbon).

PXL_20220212_163113694.jpg

PXL_20220212_163321671.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Its already been dissected and subsequently binned.

I was curious what it was made of.

Actually very pleasantly surprised to see hard wearing metal underneath the faux leather outside. It is actually quite high quality and well made (other than the faulty ribbon).

PXL_20220212_163113694.jpg

PXL_20220212_163321671.jpg

not now though 😂 I bet you dismantle washing machines when they break too!!

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

2 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Ha, no I'm not that bad!

I was curious and I also didn't have a use for it. 

Could have offered it out for someone for free I guess - but that ships sailed.and hit an iceberg now!

16 minutes ago, Gordy said:

I dismantled a calculator when I was young to see how it worked. I didn't learn much! Not sure what I expected, some magic way of doing hard calculations maybe 

I've ordered the the 5oz Portrait from LPM in Hong Kong. Despatch due on the 31st March. Anyone like to make a bet as to which 5oz Portrait will turn up first UK or HK 😀😀😀.... Not acceptable from the RM for those still waiting for the Quartered.

5 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

Are those double boxes available to buy from rm the 2 gothics would look stunning side by side in a case like that 

They would

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

9 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

Are those double boxes available to buy from rm the 2 gothics would look stunning side by side in a case like that 

It certainly would look amazing. I don't think these indents would fit the capsule the gothics came in though.

12 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

It certainly would look amazing. I don't think these indents would fit the capsule the gothics came in 

Seems like most of them made their way out of the capsules in transit anyway.....

Again circling back to the stupidity of this release, if they had simply been sold as a set we could have had a cracking display box to show these off properly. The box even makes the reverse frosted seymour pokemon look desirable!

Edited by apachebleu