• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Think £500 is a very safe price honestly 

Thanks James 

Am always a little nervous with the hype train and buying with this series as payed £1000 for the 3G 2oz silver Alderney 😂

true story !

I still have it, if anyone wants to buy it 😂

18 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Thanks James 

Am always a little nervous with the hype train and buying with this series as payed £1000 for the 3G 2oz silver Alderney 😂

true story !

I still have it, if anyone wants to buy it 😂

Really believe you will do OK with the gothic, but the Alderney 3gs I'm going to assume you have that marked as inheritance 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, rlingford said:

Just had the charges on my account refunded, looks like my order might be cancelled!

The exact same thing just happened to me with the 2oz silver. I was actually going to ask if this kind of thing was normal with the Royal Mint, as I’ve been lucky that all my previous orders were despatched within the week or sooner. The coin is still visible in my open orders, so I suppose that’s a good sign? I’m not really sure what to think at the moment; nerve-racking for sure.

2 minutes ago, Aiden2343 said:

The exact same thing just happened to me with the 2oz silver. I was actually going to ask if this kind of thing was normal with the Royal Mint, as I’ve been lucky that all my previous orders were despatched within the week or sooner. The coin is still visible in my open orders, so I suppose that’s a good sign? I’m not really sure what to think at the moment; nerve-racking for sure.

They sometimes put a hold on the payment/refund then reapply when dispatched if it is taking a wee while. Should be ok, give them a ring when they open to check.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

They sometimes put a hold on the payment/refund then reapply when dispatched if it is taking a wee while. Should be ok, give them a ring when they open to check.

That’s slightly reassuring, thanks. If I’m lucky that might mean they're preparing to send it? I guess I’ll find out soon anyway. I’ll probably give them a call as you suggested.

41 minutes ago, rlingford said:

Just had the charges on my account refunded, looks like my order might be cancelled!

It's fine, the first charge is to check it will go through, then it will wipe itself when not billed but they will just rebill you when needed otherwise your available money is held for ages which would annoy many people.

11 hours ago, James32 said:

Another £11995 one with best offer 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165230551526

11 hours ago, James32 said:

Another £11995 one with best offer 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165230551526

If there's any serious buyer's on here looking for 👆 I think now maybe the time to act.

I believe you will quite possibly get this around the 9k mark if you believe it's worth it to you ( please do own due diligence)

I've reached out for a bottom dollar price and they seem nice enough,but are looking £10500.....except they have reached back out this morning to ask......."just curious but what would be the most you could offer for the coin"

Hope this helps someone but I reckon 9k give or take would secure it.

Ps, if the seller is on here, apologies in advance 🙈  

1 hour ago, James32 said:

If there's any serious buyer's on here looking for 👆 I think now maybe the time to act.

I believe you will quite possibly get this around the 9k mark if you believe it's worth it to you ( please do own due diligence)

I've reached out for a bottom dollar price and they seem nice enough,but are looking £10500.....except they have reached back out this morning to ask......."just curious but what would be the most you could offer for the coin"

Hope this helps someone but I reckon 9k give or take would secure it.

Ps, if the seller is on here, apologies in advance 🙈  

Something about no seller feedback and no other items for sale would concern me a lot. Maybe I'm just a cynic but it doesn't make a lot of sense...

Surely if you know what this coin is and understand how the mint queue system works enough to even get the coin you would know about this forum or a similar one where you could probably get it sold easily enough at a decent profit. 

Anyone that has been lucky enough to get the 5 oz will not be disappointed. Mine has just turned up and is just awesome. Pictures in Today I Received. The extra size and weight really bring home the design and I would say easily comparable to the Una. Well done RM 😀😀😀

2 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Something about no seller feedback and no other items for sale would concern me a lot. Maybe I'm just a cynic but it doesn't make a lot of sense...

Surely if you know what this coin is and understand how the mint queue system works enough to even get the coin you would know about this forum or a similar one where you could probably get it sold easily enough at a decent profit. 

Yeah I see they are more of a buyer than a seller and i warn to do own due diligence.

As for knowing about on here maybe they do but also know Ebay will return maximum profit??

I've never purchased something this expensive on the bay but I assume your covered for 30 days like normal?