• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

15 hours ago, dikefalos said:

How could i think, that there could be a RM issue without a LPM Exclusiv. A 2 Coin Proof/Reverse Frosted 1 OZ Seymour Panther is on it's way...

https://www.lpm.hk/en/banner/the-royal-tudor-beasts-collection/2022-1oz-great-britain-the-royal-tudor-beasts-the-seymour-panther-999-silver-proof-reversed-frosted-2-coin-set-lpm-exclusive-early-2022.html

So are they going to really dilute the market for this series by eventually releasing all denominations in reverse proof?

Here's a thought. I assume that almost everyone buying these proofs will sign up for the series so the mint will surely make at least as many coins as this first beast, I would be surprised if they then didn't make extra to sell individuals, is there potential for these to end up with very high montages and really not be rare?

Sorry if that sounds thick but I'm quite new to this. Did they do a similar subscription for the queen's beasts?

2 hours ago, Zhorro said:

I had a problem last week.  It was the first time I had bought something via my Royal Mint account which I set up after my previous purchase (in the past I had just entered all my details, including payment details, each time I had bought something).  Anyway, this was the first time I had tried to order via my account (to save the hassle of entering all these details each time), and of course, when I got to the confirming the payment button, it said "payment failed" - so I am guessing it was the same message as this.  What was frustrating was that it was not even giving me the chance to physically re-input my payment details - I just seemed to be in a rejection loop.  So, I phoned the Royal Mint and explained what had happened and I had to place my order that way. The guy on the phone was saying I was not the first person that morning to have this problem.  So, there was obviously some glitch.  The only thing he asked me for was the three digit security number on the back of the card, and the payment then seemed to go through. 

This is not the sort of problem you would want if you were scrambling to buy one of the forthcoming Gothic coins!

It's down to system overload,their servers just can't handle the amount of people all logging in around the same time. The US MINT is the worst when there is a new release...you get the typical 404 Error..system freeze..you get them item in your cart go to payment and you get kicked out only to try and log in again...so compared to the RM it's not so bad..😄

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

So are they going to really dilute the market for this series by eventually releasing all denominations in reverse proof?

I think that's it, at least till the end of the series. Maybe than we will see a 11 coin set with the Completer coin, a 1/4 OZ reverse proof gold set, or a full set 2 OZ dated 2026.... For now the 1 OZ has a mintage of 7010, the RM issue was limited to 6000. So there was a "sign" for another Release in this denomination. The 2 OZ was a limited Edition of 2000 coins, the mintage is 2006. 5 OZ 300 / 306, 10 OZ 150 /156 mintage... The six 2,5 and 10 OZ silver coins that could be also minted are propably for the RM museum. Same with the gold proofs. Just six to ten coins higher mintage, than the RM edition. 

10 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I think that's it, at least till the end of the series. Maybe than we will see a 11 coin set with the Completer coin, a 1/4 OZ reverse proof gold set, or a full set 2 OZ dated 2026.... For now the 1 OZ has a mintage of 7010, the RM issue was limited to 6000. So there was a "sign" for another Release in this denomination. The 2 OZ was a limited Edition of 2000 coins, the mintage is 2006. 5 OZ 300 / 306, 10 OZ 150 /156 mintage... The six 2,5 and 10 OZ silver coins that could be also minted are propably for the RM museum. Same with the gold proofs. Just six to ten coins higher mintage, than the RM edition. 

After reading your post, it looks like the remaining 1000 of the standard 1 Oz silver proof are with LPM for the 2-coin set with 1000 of the 1 Oz silver reverse proof.  That’s what their issue limit states.

By this logic, it would leave just 10 more of the standard 1 Oz silver proof for whatever else the RM does with the extras.

Edited by westminstrel

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

I actually think they may NOT do a full set at the end of the series this time around because they are already giving a “set box” when you sign up for the continuity thing.

But of course there is every chance they may do that just to make more $$$. 

How do you know the set box doesn’t have 11 spaces?! 

16 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Oh I didn’t mean that.

I meant to say they probably won’t re-release the entire 10 coins with a matching year date (2026 or 2027 on all 10 coins) like they did with the Queen’s Beasts.

Yeah, you did say ‘full set’! I wonder if they will do a Completer? I guess we have to assume they will!!

14 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Oh I didn’t mean that.

I meant to say they probably won’t re-release the entire 10 coins with a matching year date (2026 or 2027 on all 10 coins) like they did with the Queen’s Beasts.

I wouldn't be surprised anymore if we will see a 22 coin set, of course limited and exclusive, with all QB and RTB together with both Completers in 2.5 OZ. And it wouldn't suprise me, if i would buy it. I need more selfcontrol if it comes to coins.🤒

5 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Yeah, you did say ‘full set’! I wonder if they will do a Completer? I guess we have to assume they will!!

I’m pretty much 100% sure they will do a Completer.

Firstly to match what they did with the Queen’s Beasts.

Secondly, because it’ll be a legit excuse to “extend” this 10-coin series to an 11th coin.

And last but not least, because it’s almost guaranteed to being in the moolah. 😆

9 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I hope to see a unique one also like maybe the Henry the VIII ferret down the trousers completer....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

10 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I wouldn't be surprised anymore if we will see a 22 coin set, of course limited and exclusive, with all QB and RTB together with both Completers in 2.5 OZ. And it wouldn't suprise me, if i would buy it. I need more selfcontrol if it comes to coins.🤒

Wouldn’t that be a glorious set!

But can you imagine the amount of angst one would have to go through to obtain 22 (TWENTY TWO… say it again and again and again!) perfect coins??? 😆🥴

I actually suspect the logistical issues they had to deal with because of the issues / returns of the complete 10-coin Queen’s Beasts set may be a big reason they are doing this “continuity” thing and giving a 10-coin box almost upfront.  I feel they will just avoid producing any 10-coin set in future.

Edited by westminstrel

Just now, westminstrel said:

Which ferret? 👀

The royal one of course! Soon as I think of Henry the VIII I just think of the carry on film with  Sid James and Barbra Windsor, which I have no doubt she approved of his royal ferret!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

43 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

The royal one of course! Soon as I think of Henry the VIII I just think of the carry on film with  Sid James and Barbra Windsor, which I have no doubt she approved of his royal ferret!

My apologies. I went for double entendre with my question. You were actually serious. 😬

3 minutes ago, Cogload said:

Needs a Blackadder coin surely....

Ask the man himself @blackadder would you like coin of yourself down Mrs Miggins Pie shop, where you could dance around to the song hey nonny no whilst baldrick gets abused regualrly for being as a thick as a whale omlette?

Edited by HerefordBullyun

14 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Ask the man himself @blackadder would you like coin of yourself down Mrs Miggins Pie shop, where you could dance around to the song hey nonny no whilst baldrick gets abused regualrly for being as a thick as a whale omlette?

A 24ct Gold Turnip 👍👍👍😉

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Don't give the royal mint ideas now :P 😂

Just now, blackadder said:

Don't give the royal mint ideas now :P 😂

My lord I have cunning plan - so cunning you could put a foxs tail on it.  

I’ve received the first part of my order today.

These coins are absolutely stunning in the hand and the design is amazing. 
Yes it is different from the QB’s but still just as visually powerful, the panthers face almost snarls as you move it in the light. 

A final close up inspection is needed but first impressions of owning these are an almost Great Engravers level of joy. 

8 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

I’ve received the first part of my order today.

These coins are absolutely stunning in the hand and the design is amazing. 
Yes it is different from the QB’s but still just as visually powerful, the panthers face almost snarls as you move it in the light. 

A final close up inspection is needed but first impressions of owning these are an almost Great Engravers level of joy. 

Congratulations on the win then. I cant even get a dispatch email lol.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

43 minutes ago, James32 said:

Congratulations on the win then. I cant even get a dispatch email lol.

I was beginning to worry if mine would ever turn up.

I got an email today to say it has been dispatched. In all fairness to RM they must have 1,000’s of orders to dispatch in one go.

I’d wait another day and maybe ring to see where yours is. Did you order on Thursday? I did but only at 12pm so maybe they dispatch in order of order placed.