• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

1 minute ago, Foster88 said:

I was beginning to worry if mine would ever turn up.

I got an email today to say it has been dispatched. In all fairness to RM they must have 1,000’s of orders to dispatch in one go.

I’d wait another day and maybe ring to see where yours is. Did you order on Thursday? I did but only at 12pm so maybe they dispatch in order of order placed.

That's good to hear, yeah ordered about 1pm so you're likely right (first come first served) I'm not worried though, just a little excited 😉 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

This is the first series I’ve been involved in from the start, so I had a few questions. 

I’ve heard the series is over 5 years, if this is correct. How often are the coins released. 2 a year or some years 3 and others 2 etc?

And when do we find out the dates of each release or is it kind of a surprise and the coins just turn up on the RM website?

Are the coins worth more if all taken out their original boxes and put into the set display box to complete the set? Or is it best to keep them all in their individual boxes?

Thanks in advance!

25 minutes ago, Mothballjim said:

This is the first series I’ve been involved in from the start, so I had a few questions. 

I’ve heard the series is over 5 years, if this is correct. How often are the coins released. 2 a year or some years 3 and others 2 etc?

And when do we find out the dates of each release or is it kind of a surprise and the coins just turn up on the RM website?

Are the coins worth more if all taken out their original boxes and put into the set display box to complete the set? Or is it best to keep them all in their individual boxes?

Thanks in advance!

It will be two per year and likely be 6 months apart. 

My guess would be: 

Coin 1 October 2021

Coin 2 End April/Early May 2022

Coin 3 October 2022 

etc...

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

It will be two per year and likely be 6 months apart. 

My guess would be: 

Coin 1 October 2021

Coin 2 End April/Early May 2022

Coin 3 October 2022 

etc...

Thank you BYB, and what are your thoughts about taking them out their original boxes to put them all in the case as a set?

1 minute ago, Mothballjim said:

Thank you BYB, and what are your thoughts about taking them out their original boxes to put them all in the case as a set?

Yep, I have no problem with this. Keep the original boxes if you ever intend to sell the entire set to a collector that wants it all. 

24 minutes ago, Mothballjim said:

Thanks in advance!

Coins will probably be released 2 a year....5 year release  = 10 coins..but there will probably be a completer like the QB's.. but who knows with the RM..everyone has different views on how they want to store/display their collections...some keep in boxes,some want to display in a 10 coin...11  display if there is the completer which I'm sure there will be....but keep the boxes if you decide on the later..that way if you sell in the future you have the original boxes.... that's my opinion..can't go wrong if you keep the omp's..

Regards.

On 09/10/2021 at 13:09, 272 said:

I got a quality control sticker ("QC 73") one of my 1/4 OZ's so maybe they are upping the quality control process?

I am not 'aiming' any of this comment at yourself @272, I'm just using your post to explain a point :)

They've been doing this since at least I started buying (2016). Many (most/all?) of their terrible/worst releases have had QC stickers.

They've also been producing many flawless coins over the same period.

So, I'm rather shocked to be reading some long-term customers of the Mint say on here that they've been listening to feedback, have upped their game etc - that could be misleading to newer customers/collectors imo. It's ONE release. That they HAD to get right. They did. They did the basics of their job (that they charge a huge premium for). We shall see with the rest. I'm delighted that folk are delighted with the first (not my cup of tea - I'll settle for the BUNC) but there's a long five years of Royal Mint 'QC' ahead.

On 10/10/2021 at 00:20, CollectorNo1 said:

Who knows..I see the 10 QB's still being advertised on sites in all denominations silver n gold...with prices not that much over their original prices...with no takers...

Where please? I am after an unlimited amount of 1/4 bullion Lions and Griffins 'not much over their original prices' and I'll take a few 1/4 Dragon proofs as well - thanks in advance :)

5 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I was beginning to worry if mine would ever turn up.

I got an email today to say it has been dispatched. In all fairness to RM they must have 1,000’s of orders to dispatch in one go.

I’d wait another day and maybe ring to see where yours is. Did you order on Thursday? I did but only at 12pm so maybe they dispatch in order of order placed.

Haven't seen any email from RM yet... will give them a call if they don't dispatch by today... funny thing is even my 10 Oz greyhound is radio silence...

11 hours ago, kimchi said:

Where please? I am after an unlimited amount of 1/4 bullion Lions and Griffins 'not much over their original prices' and I'll take a few 1/4 Dragon proofs as well - thanks in advance :)

@marianO has a couple of 1/4 QB’s for sale in the EU section 

8 minutes ago, Connor said:

@LawrenceChard you'll be absolutely shocked to learn this, but today a 1oz silver proof panther came into my possession via the Royal Mint. There was a chip in it. Crazy I know. Who would have thought it.

20211012_111110.jpg

On the bright side at least you didn't get a mundane scratch or milk spot......you got a full-blown chip lol....seriously though shocking 😳 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

20 minutes ago, Connor said:

@LawrenceChard you'll be absolutely shocked to learn this, but today a 1oz silver proof panther came into my possession via the Royal Mint. There was a chip in it. Crazy I know. Who would have thought it.

20211012_111110.jpg

Gutting. They could have given you some fish and mushy peas with it at least! But seriously @Connor i hope you get it sorted mate nothing worse than spending your hard earned cash damaged goods. Id be intrested how you get sorted with the RM. Best of luck mate I wish you well. Im worried my proof might turn up the same now....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

25 minutes ago, Connor said:

20211012_111110.jpg

14 minutes ago, James32 said:

On the bright side at least you didn't get a mundane scratch or milk spot......you got a full-blown chip lol....seriously though shocking 😳 

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Gutting. They could have given you some fish and mushy peas with it at least! But seriously @Connor i hope you get it sorted mate nothing worse than spending your hard earned cash damaged goods. Id be intrested how you get sorted with the RM. Best of luck mate I wish you well. Im worried my proof might turn up the same now....

I guess you were being facetious / humorous when you said I'd be shocked.

No, just resigned, frustrated, ...
At least @HerefordBullyun's humour helps to lighten moments like this.

Tell the Royal Mint, that if you wanted chips, you could you got your coin from @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, and got fish and chips across the road at the award winning Harrowside Chippy.

On another bright note, this looks good:

2022elizabethii1oz100poundsGoldProofTudorBeastsSeymourPantherrevcrop.thumb.jpg.e46ee94ebaf937ce4dfda0a365fae80d.jpg

I got this from an award wining local dealer.

If anyone cares to guess, please don't hold back.

😎

P.S. You can "see more" panthers today in Blackpool than in London Zoo.

Chards

Got my 1/4 oz Gold in today.

It is stunning, better in gold than silver in my opinion and perfect condition to boot.

1887745187_SeymourPanther1.thumb.jpg.340af358c96f8d3e11cd55795413e959.jpg

795338592_SeymourPanther2.thumb.jpg.1c3ee93d3bf285f68af4c8a0543dcddd.jpg

1743110473_SeymourPanther3.thumb.jpg.13cc446e2af2587c76b7949e3011e233.jpg

680255226_SeymourPanther4.thumb.jpg.0d23da84869339a13008bfc95b484bf4.jpg

Just now, Rll1288 said:

Ok just received my... 1oz, 5oz and 10oz silver Panthers as well as the gold 1/4 oz one..... Two going back and two keeping.. 🤐

1/4 has dent above Queens Crown and the 5oz has some sort of rash ...

IMG_9568.jpeg

IMG_9566.jpeg

Ouch, that is a shame. 

Fingers crossed for simple replacement process for you!

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Got my 1/4 oz Gold in today.

It is stunning, better in gold than silver in my opinion and perfect condition to boot.

1887745187_SeymourPanther1.thumb.jpg.340af358c96f8d3e11cd55795413e959.jpg

795338592_SeymourPanther2.thumb.jpg.1c3ee93d3bf285f68af4c8a0543dcddd.jpg

1743110473_SeymourPanther3.thumb.jpg.13cc446e2af2587c76b7949e3011e233.jpg

680255226_SeymourPanther4.thumb.jpg.0d23da84869339a13008bfc95b484bf4.jpg

Better than I did then

Just now, BackyardBullion said:

Ouch, that is a shame. 

Fingers crossed for simple replacement process for you!

Yeah I suppose... I am a big supporter of RM... but not sure what's going on

2 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Ok just received my... 1oz, 5oz and 10oz silver Panthers as well as the gold 1/4 oz one..... Two going back and two keeping.. 🤐

IMG_9568.jpeg

IMG_9566.jpeg

I have some steroid cream that might sort that

19 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I have my fingers crossed for you buddy

3 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Is 50% good or bad for the RM? 😎

Chards

11 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I guess you were being facetious / humorous when you said I'd be shocked.

No, just resigned, frustrated, ...
At least @HerefordBullyun's humour helps to lighten moments like this.

Tell the Royal Mint, that if you wanted chips, you could you got your coin from @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, and got fish and chips across the road at the award winning Harrowside Chippy.

On another bright note, this looks good:

2022elizabethii1oz100poundsGoldProofTudorBeastsSeymourPantherrevcrop.thumb.jpg.e46ee94ebaf937ce4dfda0a365fae80d.jpg

I got this from an award wining local dealer.

If anyone cares to guess, please don't hold back.

😎

P.S. You can "see more" panthers today in Blackpool than in London Zoo.

Never fail to amuse😂