• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

On 22/11/2021 at 10:01, LawrenceChard said:

It has been offcially announced that the 2022 Bullion Sovereign is to be Released 4th January 2022.

We already know that the design will be the same as the 2022 proof sovereign range, with the Royal Coat of Arms for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

Edit:

This mornng I received a further e-mail, which included this rather ambiguous and confusing content:

"The bullion sovereign launching in January has been the same for many years and been different to the numismatic version. The emailer confirming this launch should be out today... The coin is beautiful!"

This appears to contradict the information given recently that the bullion and proof designs would have the same designs.

It is possible that this latest e-mail is intended to mean that the release dates are different, but all should become clearer very soon.

On 29/06/2021 at 06:02, westminstrel said:

BY THE QUEEN A PROCLAMATION ALTERING THE PROCLAMATION OF THE FOURTH DAY OF OCTOBER 1953 TO DETERMINE A NEW DESIGN FOR CERTAIN GOLD COINS ELIZABETH R.

Whereas under section 3(1)(b) and (h) of the Coinage Act 1971 We have power, with the advice of Our Privy Council, by Proclamation to determine the design of coins to be made at Our Mint, and to alter any Proclamation previously made under the said section:

And Whereas by Our Proclamation dated the fourth day of October 1953 We determined a new design for the gold coins specified in Our said Proclamation, being the five-pound piece, the two-pound piece, the sovereign and the half-sovereign:

And Whereas it appears to Us desirable to determine a new design for the said gold coins:

We, therefore, in pursuance of the said section 3(1)(b) and (h) and of all other powers enabling Us in that behalf, do hereby, by and with the advice of Our Privy Council, proclaim, direct and ordain as follows:

1. The following paragraph shall be substituted for the paragraph headed ‘GOLD COINS’ of Our said Proclamation of the fourth day of October 1953.

GOLD COINS

‘Every five-pound piece, two-pound piece, sovereign and half-sovereign shall have for the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II ∙ DEI ∙ GRA · REGINA ∙ FID ∙ DEF” and for the reverse a depiction of Our Royal Coat of Arms and the date of the year. The coins shall have a grained edge.’

2. This Proclamation shall come into force on the twenty-fourth day of June Two thousand and twenty-one.

Given at Our Court at Buckingham Palace, this twenty-third day of June in the year of Our Lord Two thousand and twenty-one and in the seventieth year of Our Reign.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Source: https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3828648

There’s a similar proclamation for the Quarter Sovereign.

Source: https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3828649

So it looks like a shield design (for certain) and the regular portrait (potentially) for the 2022 Sovereign range. 

On 20/11/2021 at 16:17, LawrenceChard said:

2022 Gold Bullion Sovereign Announcement

I am sure we can expect a Royal Mint announcement about the release date of the bullion (not billion or billon) version of the 2022 gold sovereign very soon, possibly as early as Monday morning 22nd November.

We do already know that it will have the same Royal Coat of Arms reverse design as the recently released proof version.

We also know the RM has a rather full programme of impending releases, so it is likely to be delayed compared with last year's release date.

I already know which date I would put my money on, but there is little point me pre-empting the announcement, so it will probably be worth checking the RM site, and maybe expect an e-mail at the usual 9.00 a.m. Monday.

Just don't shoot me if I am wrong!

😎

P.S. I don't expect to be glued to my monitor at 9.00, as I will have taken my car to have its new winter tyres fitted. I am also expecting to see snow soon.

Still Awaiting Royal Mint Press Release

I contacted a reliable member of the numismatic press, who enquired via the RM Press Office, and he confirmed that the 4th January 2022 release date is correct, also that the bullion version will be the same Royal Coat of Arms design as the 2022 proof version.

There is still no appearance on the Press Releases page of the RM website, so perhaps they are intending to issue a formal Press Release in late December 2021, or early January 2022.

Chards

17 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Anyone else heard about a restrike on the returns ? 

I was assured 🤷‍♂️ that I will receive a new coin but never mentioned a restrike

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

I was assured 🤷‍♂️ that I will receive a new coin but never mentioned a restrike

conflicting information it seems 

still am hopeful to get this resolved after what seemed to be a very positive conversation on the phone about returning coins 

Some faith has been restored in the rm 

2 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

conflicting information it seems 

still am hopeful to get this resolved after what seemed to be a very positive conversation on the phone about returning coins 

Some faith has been restored in the rm 

Hope they do restrike though as where's the new coins coming from when they are supposedly sold out?

37 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Anyone else heard about a restrike on the returns ? 

I was told today that returned coins would be melted down and restruck , and that 100% my 4 coin set would be "fresh" and not someone else's QC return. 

Edited by watchesandwhisky

24 minutes ago, watchesandwhisky said:

I was told today that returned coins would be melted down and restruck , and that 100% my 4 coin set would be "fresh" and not someone else's QC return. 

Thanks for confirming ! 

2 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Is it me or is the 2022 design slow to sell? Seen loads on here and chards have them, not really been a flyer 

Probably all the negativity being published about faulty coins and capsules being received hasn’t helped sales

WEB:  http://www.riverbanksilver.com/     INSTAGRAM @riverbanksilver

12 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Is it me or is the 2022 design slow to sell? Seen loads on here and chards have them, not really been a flyer 

I thought they were fast to sell.

Chards have them at 685 which is higher than rrp.

8 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

The 2022 proofs sold out very quickly at the RM. The 1989s failed to sell out, and look at them now.

The 2002, 2005, and 2012 also took much longer to sell out.

At @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, each year's proof sovereign issues have been a major event for us since 2000.

We try to estimate how many we expect to sell in a year, then try to get that allocation. In a normal year, this was usually easy, but in special years, it is becoming more difficult.

Essentially, we aim to sell about half our allocation within the first few weeks to a month, usualy at a discount price, but we then try to control our stock and sales in order to maintain enough stock to last until the next year's issue. This year (2022) we could not get anywhere near the quantity we wanted.

We still have stock of 2021 proof sovereigns, probably too many!

Chards

1 minute ago, Leonmarsh said:

Alot of people flipping indicates to me that there is not much confidence in a long term. Hold, if its going to the moon why would you flip for small profit? 

Always happens with every release ( a lot of people buy only to flip straight away)  they have a certain time period before the old credit card bills😁

I have bought some to sell and some to keep, don't believe in taking the p or ramping up the price more than I need to.  The timing of the gothic could be playing a part and I can see a spike in demand for the 2022 sovereign after the gothic has been launched and people have made some fast money and will buying up any 2022 sov's  that are left on the market at a decent price.  I have bought a good few 2022 sov's  but had to keep most of my cash in reserve for the gothic.  Will be gutting if I don't get what I want but I don't think we will be short of new coins in 2022.  

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Deffs should of had it by now or at least one from TRM LTD ( Who deliver)

Hopefully it turns up anyway but not so sure now.

Even sent them an email yesterday asking. I am sure they will come eventually. Money been taken.

Edited by Oldun

1 minute ago, Oldun said:

Even sent them an email yesterday asking. I am sure they will come eventually. Money been taken.

Yeah if money has been taken and your in closed orders/dispatch then then if not tomorrow, you should receive email tomorrow and delivery on Wed.