• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

44 minutes ago, Slam said:

Hi All,

Is this a dent and scratch on the coin near the top? 

Really gutted as it looks like it is. 😭😭😭

Any suggestions please.

PXL_20211126_094754365.MP.jpg

PXL_20211126_094822817.jpg

Plenty of information already been said in this thread to be of some help particularly from backyard 

best of luck with everything 

I just spoke with a really lovely lady from the RM as my full Sovereign is still in “Open Orders” and I wanted an update.

So there is still a backlog of orders to ship, which we already know, and that causes their system to show a Jan post date - which is where this Jan date comes from. They are doing all they can to pull that back to a December delivery date.

So for anyone who still has their coin in “Open Orders” as long as you have the funds available, it looks like you’ll get your coin this month.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

3 minutes ago, creative said:

I just spoke with a really lovely lady from the RM as my full Sovereign is still in “Open Orders” and I wanted an update.

So there is still a backlog of orders to ship, which we already know, and that causes their system to show a Jan post date - which is where this Jan date comes from. They are doing all they can to pull that back to a December delivery date.

So for anyone who still has their coin in “Open Orders” as long as you have the funds available, it looks like you’ll get your coin this month.

I have my own theory on this…

99 PF70s of each coin have already been graded by NGC (check the census).

So RM sent them a good number and wait their return because the needed 99-100 PF70s for a special set maybe??? 🤔

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I don’t believe them when they are saying they have a backlog 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

5 minutes ago, creative said:

"All they can" makes me think they will rush. I would prefer they didn't.

Especially with the Gothic Crown due.

Take your time RM, get these right. 

Obviously I would want my sov ASAP, but if ASAP means I will be sending it back I would prefer they got it right.

Just now, MancunianStacker said:

So RM sent them a good number and wait their return because the needed 99-100 PF70s for a special set maybe??? 🤔

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I don’t believe them when they are saying they have a backlog 😉 

I feel like sovereign rarities (royal mint have a stake ?) had day of issue grading on the three graces.

Perhaps its the same this time.

9 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I ordered a proof coin at 9pm Wednesday in the "Black Friday Sale", and it's just arrived this morning. So i'd say they have a backlog in production or are telling some other porkies 😅 shipping department seem's just fine with other products!

78av.gif

Who knows really.

I personally think the theory that they only strike a % before launch would be the most likely scenario, as other items don’t seem to have any issues shipping.

And I do agree that I’d rather them take their time to strike, but as we all know, even without a sellout launch the RM is notorious for QC issues.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

31 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I’ve seen that. Stinks a bit if you ask me 

1 hour ago, creative said:

Wow that’s a very noticeable defect. It’s ridiculous that this coin passed a QC check.

Sad to say it does look like a prominent dent and scratch 😒 I would return that with a letter of complaint. Know way should a proof coin be sent out with those defects..

42 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I won't be buying it.

But does anyone still want me to post any magic links on the morning? :D 

I'm counting on you @paulmerton😅

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

36 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Finally a dispatch email for my full sov. Should have it tomorrow.

Show off 😞

3 hours ago, Spanishsilver said:

I’ve seen that. Stinks a bit if you ask me 

The Mint does this every year, they do 100-150 straight off the bat with the NGC, I've seen these at auction as the have different labels 

3 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Sad to say it does look like a prominent dent and scratch 😒 I would return that with a letter of complaint. Know way should a proof coin be sent out with those defects..

Thanks for checking, unfortunately it wasn't purchased from the royal mint but a rather famous bullion dealer. So I don't think the letter of compliant is warranted. Do bullion dealers check over the coin before sending out?

Good news is that they can exchange 🙂

7 minutes ago, Slam said:

Thanks for checking, unfortunately it wasn't purchased from the royal mint but a rather famous bullion dealer. So I don't think the letter of compliant is warranted. Do bullion dealers check over the coin before sending out?

Good news is that they can exchange 🙂

Well I would think they would check.......but good news that you can change which any reputable dealer would do..🙂🙂🙂

45 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@newcoins if someone dropped a 2oz gold gothic in your lap you would not say you don’t want it!  

Absolutely! And that's exactly why I think everyone getting frustrated with despatch/quality issues should call it a day. At least for the next few weeks 😉

Edited by NewCoins

2 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Absolutely! And that's exactly why I think everyone getting frustrated with despatch/quality issues should call it a day. At least for the next few weeks 😉

👍it’s the pleasure and pain of dealing with the mint.  The website gives me PTSD on launch day!