• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

👍it’s the pleasure and pain of dealing with the mint.  The website gives me PTSD on launch day! 

I already feel a bit sick! I really want to have one of these in hand not just see pictures. I would love an original of course but crazy £££.

I feel it's not my time this time. Let's see.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

If you want an original now is the time to get one. They will jump in value after the 6 December.

I wanted one for ages and felt that this really was my last chance to realistically get one so shelled out a small fortune which was still comfortable last month.

Go for it. Seriously worth it.C7132187-FDEB-47FF-8229-48A07A6D7EB7.thumb.jpeg.ca7718d17f12466f4ac67c138523785e.jpeg6E8BC0B0-047E-41F7-8969-4D398051FCCA.thumb.jpeg.b0f88394924a48a4acc8fd352642d5b7.jpeg

Much do they cost?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I've just bought the Alderney Island Gothic silver proof set as a wild punt,  It's a great looking set for anyone wanting a low cost Gothic Crown.  I'm going to put it on eBay for 5k on launch day for a laugh!.......Oh and that will be 5k per coin..........LOL! 

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

Depends on the grade. A good grade of PF60 to PF65 could be anything around the £6-25k mark as things are today. After 6th Dec the cost is anyone’s guess.

Sweet jaysus on a bicycle 🤯 

Think for the first time in my life I will be happy with a replica ( well if I'm lucky enough to get one)

Congrats on the acquisition, that's a serious collectors piece.

19 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Depends on the grade. A good grade of PF60 to PF65 could be anything around the £6-25k mark as things are today. After 6th Dec the cost is anyone’s guess.

Way above my budget I am afraid. Unless I could convince myself (and the missus) it's an investment 😉

I don't see many around for sale currently.

Well done on owning a very special coin. 

And on we go…..from the Mint

So I replied,

Many thanks for your explanation. I would recommend returning to screw capsules for popular sovereign proof products, as it does seem that, when under pressure of volume, The Royal Mint’s packaging department seems to struggle somewhat, based on anecdotal stories and images across the internet since the “business decision” to which you refer was made. 

I would also be most grateful if you could pass this comment on to both Anne (Jessop) and Leighton (John).

Regardless, I very much look forward, to receiving 
a) correctly and tightly fitted capsules (preferably screw capsules)
b) extra tape on the capsules themselves to secure the capsule lid.
c) extra internal packaging
d) correctly presented and checked proof coins.

Yours sincerely,

Edited by Oldun

35 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I had no additional emails from the Mint today about my enquiry ☹️

That's about right. Although they accepted my 1oz weren't up to standard I'm still waiting over a week  for detailed feedback. Similarly my 2 oz's were received by them on Wednesday and waiting further feedback. Its the same customer engagement manager that is dealing with your complaint too so I'm afraid you're in the queue (behind me 😋) !

3 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Absolutely! And that's exactly why I think everyone getting frustrated with despatch/quality issues should call it a day. At least for the next few weeks 😉

It’s not Amazon.  

There is an element of childishness in certain posts on this thread.

We should not be so impatient; our 2022 Sovereign’s will turn up soon enough.  Stop moaning and understand that there is a team of people experiencing pressure at this moment.  For most of the year they meet demand very well. It’s not deliberate, so certain necks need to be pulled in. 

Quality wise: our mint is outstanding.  BUT, reporting issues is a must.  It does have some issues that we need to raise.  But please - do it kindly… it’s more effective. 

1 hour ago, Swampy said:

It’s not Amazon.  

There is an element of childishness in certain posts on this thread.

We should not be so impatient; our 2022 Sovereign’s will turn up soon enough.  Stop moaning and understand that there is a team of people experiencing pressure at this moment.  For most of the year they meet demand very well. It’s not deliberate, so certain necks need to be pulled in. 

Quality wise: our mint is outstanding.  BUT, reporting issues is a must.  It does have some issues that we need to raise.  But please - do it kindly… it’s more effective. 

Personally believe its each individuals perogative in how they want to express their opinion as after all they have paid for the privilege. 

The mint comes up with good designs ( some great) but is seriously lacking in quality control and basic website management.

I've only been a recent purchaser myself , but have experienced and seen plenty of  pictures and read enough testimonials to come up with an informed opinion. 

Agree that there's a team of people under pressure on the other end and anyone with complaints should voice those respectfully,  buy they do need to be voiced..... loudly and repetitively until changes take place.

After all the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results 🙃 

Regarding grading - I apologise in advance if I put my foot in it, but can I ask a couple of questions. Firstly, how much does grading cost? Is it affordable (£20-30) or an extra premium (£100-150)?

Secondly (and this is why I apologised in advance). Could you submit for 'pregrading' advice to pay for the service, but find out what it would achieve before committing to slabbing it? If it was a 70, great, go ahead and slab.... But anything less would give you the option to ask for it not to be slabbed whilst being able to maintain the market value for an ungraded set. I know this is morally the wrong thing to do, but I just wondered how this worked. 

23 hours ago, paulmerton said:

As requested!

Can confirm the CAP2205MM capsules are identical:

image.thumb.png.b922f38bb03707e668df5a0ff408ffe0.png

image.thumb.png.dcd1d65813ed98bb0d32ce1883b9a046.png

image.thumb.png.ca0ba064368722cb875e07af40492fd5.png

Also, as I pointed out on the deals thread, you can buy these with free postage currently - even if you only want a single one!

Thank you for going to the trouble of checking this out, I bought a pack with the free postage 👍

27 minutes ago, BiigT said:

Regarding grading - I apologise in advance if I put my foot in it, but can I ask a couple of questions. Firstly, how much does grading cost? Is it affordable (£20-30) or an extra premium (£100-150)?

Secondly (and this is why I apologised in advance). Could you submit for 'pregrading' advice to pay for the service, but find out what it would achieve before committing to slabbing it? If it was a 70, great, go ahead and slab.... But anything less would give you the option to ask for it not to be slabbed whilst being able to maintain the market value for an ungraded set. I know this is morally the wrong thing to do, but I just wondered how this worked. 

Off the top of my head for NGC, you’d submit under modern which is £20 for grading. Add conservation which could add an additional £20. The first release label is another £10 per coin. Also their is a handling fee of £13 for each submission not per coin. These are basic membership prices, they do discount if you have a premium account.

They don’t have a service that pre-grades unfortunately; if you grade you have to do the full process

I am happy to report a perfect delivery of the Full Sovereign today.

No loose capsule, no issues whatsoever with the coin. 

So simple, so great!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Received mine today. Capsule was slightly loose but not so much that it was off. Qc sticker on it too.

Coin is OK I think, a bit dusty I think but nothing major. Will give it a good check later.

Coa is in the one hundreds too. 

Edited by NewCoins

16 hours ago, James32 said:

Personally believe its each individuals perogative in how they want to express their opinion as after all they have paid for the privilege. 

The mint comes up with good designs ( some great) but is seriously lacking in quality control and basic website management.

I've only been a recent purchaser myself , but have experienced and seen plenty of  pictures and read enough testimonials to come up with an informed opinion. 

Agree that there's a team of people under pressure on the other end and anyone with complaints should voice those respectfully,  buy they do need to be voiced..... loudly and repetitively until changes take place.

After all the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results 🙃 

Yep, I think complaints must be made and to dismiss peoples concerns and dissapointment as childish seems quite rude. 

In some cases people are paying the best part of 5 grand for a few coins...that's a hell of a lot of money and a cracking earner for the mint. They need to uphold their end of the bargain now and deliver the coins promptly and in good, actually excellent, condition.

It may seem harsh but I honestly don't care that they may be busy or whatever, if they can't fulfil their obligations just delay the release until they are ready....everyone knew this would be a huge release so why not have the product ready to go before selling it? Why not have proper quality control?

A few isolated issues is understandable but clearly that's not the case, they took the money we don't need to make excuses for them.

And if they thought their queue system was problematic for this I can't imagine e what the 6th will look like