• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

36 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Yep, I think complaints must be made and to dismiss peoples concerns and dissapointment as childish seems quite rude. 

In some cases people are paying the best part of 5 grand for a few coins...that's a hell of a lot of money and a cracking earner for the mint. They need to uphold their end of the bargain now and deliver the coins promptly and in good, actually excellent, condition.

It may seem harsh but I honestly don't care that they may be busy or whatever, if they can't fulfil their obligations just delay the release until they are ready....everyone knew this would be a huge release so why not have the product ready to go before selling it? Why not have proper quality control?

A few isolated issues is understandable but clearly that's not the case, they took the money we don't need to make excuses for them.

And if they thought their queue system was problematic for this I can't imagine e what the 6th will look like

Completely agree , it is a piss take by rm

the Perth mint take more care over their bullion coins then the rm do of their proofs

every bullion coin I’ve had from the Perth has been flawless 

the royal mint should really be the flagship of all the mints especially as it’s the most historic 

28 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Yep, I think complaints must be made and to dismiss peoples concerns and dissapointment as childish seems quite rude. 

Thanks for this.

My intention was never to be rude - and I apologise for that.  I think, after a very long week, reading the thread left me disappointed that a very privileged group were writing in such a manner.

If I read the thread now, would I feel the same? Possibly, possibly not. Anyhow - if it made anyone reflect on their output… 

1 hour ago, Swampy said:

Thanks for this.

My intention was never to be rude - and I apologise for that.  I think, after a very long week, reading the thread left me disappointed that a very privileged group were writing in such a manner.

If I read the thread now, would I feel the same? Possibly, possibly not. Anyhow - if it made anyone reflect on their output… 

I think many of us are not privileged, we scrimp and save to buy these as investments for our pension, for our kids future etc. and if we get a dud coin then down the line that investment has become less valuable. The only privilege I personally have is that I am a member here and have a tiny bit of knowledge on what is an acceptable standard and the consequences of not knowing what to look for.

There will be people buying these that think scratches etc are normal and acceptable but come time to cash out they will get stung and I feel the mint must be held accountable.

‘The only privilege I personally…’ Just this?….  C’mon really! You’re buying gold coins at £300 + to hide in your Y-Fronts draw!  List and count your blessing mon ami.  Family, job…  Put the 10x down, zoom out, and find some perspective. 

Our mint is brilliant, but not perfect.  They do seem to be dealing with all complaints sensibly and effectively. It’s a large complex establishment, likely underfunded and outdated in places, but they get it right so often. 

Catch you tomorrow - fires lit, wines poured and family’s waiting x 

25 minutes ago, Swampy said:

‘The only privilege I personally…’ Just this?….  C’mon really! You’re buying gold coins at £300 + to hide in your Y-Fronts draw!  List and count your blessing mon ami.  Family, job…  Put the 10x down, zoom out, and find some perspective. 

Our mint is brilliant, but not perfect.  They do seem to be dealing with all complaints sensibly and effectively. It’s a large complex establishment, likely underfunded and outdated in places, but they get it right so often. 

Fair enough I'm doing the same, cheers, enjoy your night

20211127_210053.jpg

I personally take the view when a new release comes out from the RM  and I'm lucky to get it in my cart after a WAIT,Get to the checkout stage and get a confirmation of purchase...am happy and don't care how long it takes to receive my purchase...know point getting stressed,annoyed that I havnt recd it in the first week..when it comes it comes...that's the time to get a little stressed opening the box and praying it's going to be in the condition we expect without any problems.... the 6th December when the Gothic Crown is released (if that's the official date) we will all be going through the same stress as we have with the 2022 platinum jubilee gold sovereign coins sets etc....and so the threads/comments/disappointment will start all over again....my advice is...log on,hopefully you will be lucky to get what you want and relax until it arrives..hopefully a problem free coin..if not satisfied,return and get a new coin or refund....but we all know buying any Bullion or proof is a bit of a gamble from the RM...

Some of us will be lucky and some not with the condition...it just a waiting game and I trust we will all be satisfied with our purchases..be a nice change for all of us who are lucky enough to obtain our coins from them to be in A1 condition....but don't hold your breath 😀 😊 😉🙂 

I just posted this in the sovereign swap shop thread but thought it might be good to ask here too?

Hi folks - weird one perhaps! I have print number 72, and wondered if anyone had print number 31 or 32 that they’d be willing to swap? Happy to find some silver or something to throw in as a thank you? 😄

29 minutes ago, Yorkshiremanc said:

wondered if anyone had print number 31 or 32 that they’d be willing to swap? Happy to find some silver or something to throw in as a thank you? 😄

I'm willing to write any number on a print if you win my charity auction :D 

78av.gif

17 hours ago, Swampy said:

‘The only privilege I personally…’ Just this?….  C’mon really! You’re buying gold coins at £300 + to hide in your Y-Fronts draw! 

I hate to break it to you but I don’t think most people have worn Y fronts since the 70’s.

Ok maybe early 80’s. 😆

Joke aside, the Royal Mint are charging a premium for the 2022 sovereigns. Which is actually out of the budget of most people. Are we the privileged few?

Perhaps so.

But many on this forum have saved, sold and scrimped by to buy this proof release, which is, as we all know a once in lifetime opportunity.

But if you’re buying something that is 100%+ markup on its intrinsic value we should at least expect a product that is safely secure in its intended housing and also a problem free product.

For some of us, who received their 2022 proof sovereigns rattling around in the box it leaves a bitter taste.

I cannot fault their service. Many are still waiting for their 2022 sovereign and I’m lucky to have mine.

The income they made from just the full 2022 proof sovereign was in excess of £6 million. I’m not taking into account minting, processing, admin and business costs understandably. But it doesn’t make any business sense to have something as defective as a capsule mean that so many are returned, reminted, reboxed and the admin cost.

I just hope Royal Mint learn from this debacle.

We’re a community here and criticism towards Royal Mint, if the buyer/member of the forum sees fit will never be childish.

Its not a ‘bashing’ Royal Mint’ forum, it’s a community forum and they do get many things right so please don’t criticise people who receive a less than acceptable product.

Edited by Foster88

14 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

So..I wonder when this is going to be released....Tomorrow???

Screenshot_20211128-105044_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not exactly inspiring 🥱 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

20 hours ago, Swampy said:

I think that charging premiums of over 100-200% on spot price should make them enough profit to be able to hire people to do the Quality control properly.  Right now the RM is lacking on two things. Innovation and quality control. The latter is an easy fix. Hire some people with experience to train all the staff in quality department to do their job right.

Innovation is another story with much higher expenses. (Milkspots are not easy to fix, alrhough canadian mint claims that they founda way to reduce it).

Having said that, the RM has many good features that outweight the bad ones. They got it right with some of their engravers and their designs. They also got it right with the small mintages, although i would prefer to stop releasing a new coin every week. Lasty, some coin series like Queen Beasts and the completer coin, Great Engravers are a big step to the right direction and we thank RM for that! 👏👏

The queueing system, although it lags and might crash the system, is far superior than other mints like Us Mint and the fact that everyone can queue and get a chance to buy the coin at release price is a good thing. Other mints release coins and send the vast majority to coin suppliers and mere mortals like me and  you have no chance of buying at the release price.