• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

1 hour ago, Ted1945 said:

Is the mark by the G & A worthy of sending back this is the £5 proof looks a bit bashed up to me E581EE82-1BF4-43FE-ADB7-889A446E9A5A.thumb.jpeg.ff3d3727e2b9213deb6cad7d70b481e6.jpeg

Is that actually a mark on the coin or a fiber/hair? Definitely send back for a replacement if you are less than satisfied. 

78av.gif

30 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Is that actually a mark on the coin or a fiber/hair? Definitely send back for a replacement if you are less than satisfied. 

Thanks I checked and it was something in the capsule looking a bit better now but think some frosting there so i will send over to Golddiggerdave for a wash and brush up 

anyone got news on the 3 coin set?  seems like we are last of the last to be sent out. ( ordered it from bpp )

Still also waiting on the silver proof 50p piedfort to be sent as well - status "dispatching soon" on RM web site in open orders.  sigh.  the last update on that was dispatched by end of feb.  well.  ahem.  tick tock! tick tock RM!!!

On 25/02/2023 at 23:09, bluffer said:

anyone got news on the 3 coin set?  seems like we are last of the last to be sent out. ( ordered it from bpp )

The Royal Mint has been saying sometime between mid-to-late March for a few weeks now in fairness. Still an agonizingly long wait - especially when I know with my luck that it'll have to be exchanged due to issues found upon delivery.

6 minutes ago, DdraigAur said:

My 3 coin set doesn't have the normal wood finish/lacquered mounting board (I can't think of a word for it) that the 3 coin capsules sit in. It's two layers of black foam with holes cut out. Anyone else have this? Looks like a stopgap bodge because they don't have the right materials.

I think we need to see this.

Maybe they're using the same box supplier that's providing the legendary tudor beast boxes?

Edited by apachebleu

13 minutes ago, DdraigAur said:

1245866A-DAB6-48BB-AD52-BDCD5C672BFE.jpeg

22C3FEAD-7F7F-43D8-BCC4-DBCA134D08DE.jpeg

I'm waiting for this one too and when I asked about delivery i've got email that they will start minting them mid March. You've got your set now and I don't know anymore who is right/got correct info in RM🤔.

Anyway it's really inconsistent if all sets have this nice wooden inside and 3-coin set is different...

44 minutes ago, DdraigAur said:

My 3 coin set doesn't have the normal wood finish/lacquered mounting board (I can't think of a word for it) that the 3 coin capsules sit in. It's two layers of black foam with holes cut out. Anyone else have this? Looks like a stopgap bodge because they don't have the right materials.

My 3-Coin set arrived today and is exactly the same with the black foam middle insert. Funnily enough my single Sov also arrived and, yeah, the middle insert is the nice normal wooden / laquered material.

22 minutes ago, DdraigAur said:

1245866A-DAB6-48BB-AD52-BDCD5C672BFE.jpeg

22C3FEAD-7F7F-43D8-BCC4-DBCA134D08DE.jpeg

It's an odd change from the norm and is definitely an inferior tray to the nice mahogany effect trays they normally come with. Is this acceptable..... in my opinion no, I'd rather have the proper display box that was shown on ordering. But ultimately its the coins that are the main thing. Are they in good shape as if they are then sending back for the replacement tray could lead to coins being sent back to you that are not great. Its a difficult one

44 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

It's an odd change from the norm and is definitely an inferior tray to the nice mahogany effect trays they normally come with. Is this acceptable..... in my opinion no, I'd rather have the proper display box that was shown on ordering. But ultimately its the coins that are the main thing. Are they in good shape as if they are then sending back for the replacement tray could lead to coins being sent back to you that are not great. Its a difficult one

I’ll be returning the set regardless, the coins have issues. And I’ll be in contact with the mint about this box problem, it’s not good enough for their flagship product. 

I’ll also share some interesting photos in a bit that show a proof sovereign which has an unusual surface/frosting finish on the obverse where it’s looks like the cameo effect is missing. 

1 hour ago, DdraigAur said:

I’ll be returning the set regardless, the coins have issues. And I’ll be in contact with the mint about this box problem, it’s not good enough for their flagship product. 

I’ll also share some interesting photos in a bit that show a proof sovereign which has an unusual surface/frosting finish on the obverse where it’s looks like the cameo effect is missing. 

lol the whole company is a bodge,Yet again took them twenty days to refund for my return.

And I’ll be in contact with the mint about this box problem

They don't care m8.

Edited by blackadder

Mine arrived today as well. Everything was in order until I looked at the half-sovereign & immediately saw frosting issues. Didn't even need a loupe to see one or two of them (especially the one on KC's neck). Circled the obvious ones but there are plenty more.

On 28/02/2023 at 04:40, BOOLIAN said:

especially when I know with my luck that it'll have to be exchanged due to issues found upon delivery.

Like clockwork!

image.thumb.png.a9b9951b55fd5bb823d3d62b36931c10.png

image.thumb.png.3ca37964c298f4056454ee2abbccc1a6.png

Edited by BOOLIAN

I received my 3 coin set today. I've had a good look at them and the coins all seem to be fine, so I'm feeling pretty lucky.

The foam/felt insert doesn't look great. It sits a bit wonky in the box, and pulls out when you remove the coins. 

But the worst thing is when you take the coins out to examine them inside the capsules under a loupe. The capsules are covered in these tiny fine black hairs from the lining of the box.