• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

27 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Certainly not great. Surprisingly the best one for me was the five sovereign so don’t really want to send it back.

I know the feeling, I think my half and quarter are a bit rough, the full is maybe OK but the double and quintuple seem great. I wanted a perfect set but I doubt that's possible really. 

I've sent mine for grading but if the 2 big ones were damaged then no way would I have kept them.

It's poor we have to make these choices really. I will ask as a relative new guy, was it always like this or is it just that in the modern pf70 or nothing market are we all just super critical?

Some of my other size coins also have faults but these faults can only be seen when viewed close up and don’t detract. As a result I am not sure if they would achieve a PF70 but they look good. It is a great design and in my view even better than the platinum jubilee sovereign.

8 minutes ago, Oldun said:

My 5 coin set from @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer was supposed to have been despatched last Monday but I have received no tracking number nor any communication whatsoever. I have emailed them and am waiting for a reply. I don’t see why I shoukd have to chase them. Totally unnecessary levels of stress caused.

Mine turned up from Chards yesterday, very low COA and set in great condition, no defects like the other set's from the mint

43 minutes ago, ST1986 said:

Mine turned up from Chards yesterday, very low COA and set in great condition, no defects like the other set's from the mint

Bully for you. That makes me even more perturbed that others are treated better. Up until now, Chards have been good with communication but are now in danger of leaving a bit of a taste in the mouth right at the most important part. No doubt, I will receive an email eventually apologisimg. However, why no communiaction about tracking numbers etc ? It is their system that asks for a date to be selected to despatch the item. I selected Monday and then nada…

I mean how difficult is it to send a simple email saying the despatch is delayed or or informing me of whatever is going on ? Glass houses and all that.

Edited by Oldun

14 hours ago, Oldun said:

My 5 coin set from @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer was supposed to have been despatched last Monday but I have received no tracking number nor any communication whatsoever. I have emailed them and am waiting for a reply. I don’t see why I shoukd have to chase them. Totally unnecessary levels of stress caused.

14 hours ago, ST1986 said:

The last email I received said the estimated date for Chards w/c was 27th Feb!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Account still says awaiting despatch, yet last Friday an email came asking me to select from their calendar the despatch day as it was ready for despatch. I selected Monday…..then nothing. Imagine that is your £5.5K and then imagine my feelings.

At best, it is an RM disease…the office isn’t communicating with despatch and noone is communicating with the poor sod who coughed up the money (me, in this case)…...at worst…I shudder to think…

Edited by Oldun

17 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

The last email I received said the estimated date for Chards w/c was 27th Feb!

I received an official email last Friday prompting me to select the date of despatch. I selected Monday. i have the email.

I can handle delays…jeez, I have shopped with the RM for years but it is the incorrect “ready for despatch, choose your despatch day”  email followed by zero communication after having selected a now passed day that is the issue.

Edited by Oldun

10 minutes ago, Oldun said:

…..still no communication…..or reply to either of the two emails I sent (both now comfortably beyond their “reply within 24 hours” intentioned message in their autoreply…..such a shame….

I always buy from recommendations and buying from Chards doesn’t sit well with me listening to this. I wanted a couple of oz bars but deciding to go with Atkinsons now. Customer service means a lot. Works out £23 cheaper per oz on metalor too.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

This is only my second purchase with Chards and the communication was excellent with my first purchase. Top notch, very good, along with the politeness and understanding. My second one was the same right up until Monday when I was left in limbo with communication.

Edited by Oldun

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

This is only my second purchase with Chards and the communication was excellent with my first purchase. Top notch, very good, along with the politeness and understanding. My second one was the same right up until Monday when I was left in limbo with communication.

Could you not phone them instead of relying on email?

On 11/02/2023 at 21:43, apachebleu said:

I know the feeling, I think my half and quarter are a bit rough, the full is maybe OK but the double and quintuple seem great. I wanted a perfect set but I doubt that's possible really. 

I've sent mine for grading but if the 2 big ones were damaged then no way would I have kept them.

It's poor we have to make these choices really. I will ask as a relative new guy, was it always like this or is it just that in the modern pf70 or nothing market are we all just super critical?

They will be boarding the plane to the US soon mate............🤗

3 hours ago, MJCOIN said:

Could you not phone them instead of relying on email?

Yes phone them, I did and discovered my 5 coin set is in stock.

I opted for collection but earliest appointment is monday so will miss the NGC first releases deadline on the sovereign.

5 hours ago, Oldun said:

Hello @Oldun

Please send us a direct message with your order number & email address and I shall look into this now. Everyone who has placed an order for the 5 Sov set should of been contacted, so it could of possibly gone into the JUNK folder if we are not a 'safe sender' in your email thread. 

We will keep an eye out for the details you send, and make sure that this is rectified ASAP.

Regards,
The Chards Team