• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

57 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I wish their emails would say what the item actually is. Is there an easier way than searching for your order number in your own emails?

Was thinking the same thing, had to check what it was they had actually sent me before i got excited. Will be a very rare occurrence for me to buy direct from the mint again. When the dealers are cheaper and also QC'ing coins, it makes little sense to buy direct. 

78av.gif

earlier today i received an e mail from the RM stating that my memorial proof sovereign is ready to dispatched. 

As i (they...) clearly failed to get one of the first sovs despite my super early order back on 15 november 2022, i answered that, got this point, 

"I INSIST TO GET THE LAST PROOF SOVEREIGN MINTED AND DISPATCHED, WITH A COA STATING THAT"

1 hour ago, SilverDrum said:

Was thinking the same thing, had to check what it was they had actually sent me before i got excited. Will be a very rare occurrence for me to buy direct from the mint again. When the dealers are cheaper and also QC'ing coins, it makes little sense to buy direct. 

Other than interest free tick which is a big plus, I totally agree. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Other than interest free tick which is a big plus, I totally agree. 

If you can get that deal from them it's a winner, if you have to pay for the orders and wait 3 months for delivery it makes little sense. From an investment perspective the only liquidity before delivery is a refund, and they steal the interest on many £millions whilst you wait. 

78av.gif

1 minute ago, SilverDrum said:

If you can get that deal from them it's a winner, if you have to pay for the orders and wait 3 months for delivery it makes little sense. From an investment perspective the only liquidity before delivery is a refund, and they steal the interest on many £millions whilst you wait. 

Yeah they not only kept my money for 3 months..they decided to send 3 out of 4 munters and now will refund whenever they feel like it 😭 RM4LYFE

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

They have propper fudged this release up, so many unhappy people will be left with this memory of the memorial. The sov that came in a poor state and they sent back for a refund, the "highest standard" the mint works to. 

Let's hope i get a good coin after all the wait 😅

78av.gif

This is a photo of the Memorial half sovereign proof out of my set. Unfortunately there is a mark near to the ‘D’ of ‘DEF’.

If anyone is sending back their set for a replacement or refund and the half is in good condition and without marks then I would be most grateful if we could do a swap.

I will of course pay postage both ways. Thank you.

FC16211D-27FD-4DB2-999A-2978849ECF84.jpeg

4 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Just got my proof full memorial sov…not sure if I am happy, it’s got a hair on the coin…I think, and hope it’s not a scratch. The capsule had a mark for sure. The main wonder is the frosting, is this acceptable? @GoldDiggerDave or anyone with a keen grading eye?

AF1099B4-E654-4DEE-BB04-A7A7ECBCFC8F.jpeg

28D49725-A31F-48A2-9EB7-ED25FA767F42.jpeg

90EF30DD-22D4-474C-91F1-1A8105B058C2.jpeg

08181649-6922-4F4F-A7E4-A46F1496DEF7.jpeg

23F644C9-E43E-445A-B181-167ED795DAFC.jpeg

388EEEF7-5D7C-4052-98F1-ACF24C206E80.jpeg

I’ve seen some with black bits that can be blown off, almost every single one I have seen has the tiniest bit of frosting missing. If you send back and swap you don’t have any guarantees you will get a better one.

6 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

That looks particularly bad...

Thanks, i waited three months for this moment 🙄

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’ve seen some with black bits that can be blown off, almost every single one I have seen has the tiniest bit of frosting missing. If you send back and swap you don’t have any guarantees you will get a better one.

So should i send this back is my next question? 

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Is that hair embedded in the coin? 

Trying to work that out, I think the light makes it translucent over the "A". Trying to see if it's a hair or a scratch is painful, either way. It shouldn't be there! 

78av.gif

Just now, SilverDrum said:

Trying to work that out, I think the light makes it translucent over the "A". Trying to see if it's a hair or a scratch is painful, either way. It shouldn't be there! 

A hand blower would find out for sure.

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

It does look like there's a faint line just visible over the A with a super zoom in on the clear picture. Either a hair r a bristle from a polishing tool? 

Screenshot_20230222_134133_Chrome.jpg

I don't think that's conclusive either way - I have a coin that has a struck through hair in it and you can see it on the lettering too.

2 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

Live with it, no person is perfect, so why should coins be.

That's not really the point.... you're paying such a high premium for something to be as close to perfect as it can be. Little issues with specks of frosting under certain light conditions is one thing but a possible scratch like that should ot be tolerated directly from the mint with so called top quality products with top quality assurance.  

13 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

You have every right to return if you are not happy you might get a worse one sent back when you exchange…

I’m not defending the RM quality, with the heavily frosted design you are almost 99% certain to get one with a tiny bit of frosting missing it just a fact for Royal mint coins…….