• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

Just typical, after going to the effort of setting up a tripod, camera, lights etc. to capture any problems at the point of unboxing, my 5-coin set turned out to be perfect!

(at least to the naked eye, that is.... I will have a closer look with a million dollar electron microscope after all the other things people have pointed out)

Somewhat miffed at having a COA number in the mid-range considering I must have been one of the first people here to actually order it, but by lucky coincidence it's still a rather special number to me!

27 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

They are limited prints and all personally signed by TN. Unless they have an agreement for him to sign reissues…….

Forgot about the signature, you're right 👍

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

22 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Checked 2 other 2022 coins under magnification - one has what looks like some food stuck in the  capsule and is moving around the coin 🤷‍♂️ and one super clean sovereign.

The mint is going to have some huge return rate looking at some of the posts on the thread alone 

Dodgy dave and hapless linda been at it again🙈

No offence to any David's or Linda's on TSF of course 😉 

18 minutes ago, Paulo said:

I feel your pain Backyard Bullion, but agree with your philosophical outlook!

I just feel very lucky to be in a position in life where I can buy/invest in these products.

If the real worst case scenario happens and all that happens is I get my money back at the end of the day then so be it.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I’m not jealous that many of you have your coins at all 😩

Who cares mines still in “Open Orders”…

…I do 😭 

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

1 minute ago, goldhunter said:

My opinion is that if your coin looks good to the naked eye then it is good enough for me. You don't look at anything through a magnifying glass usually. Does perfection really exist any way?

I would have completely agreed until I got my first proof sovereign this week - they really do have a level of detail that can't be appreciated with the naked eye imho!

10 minutes ago, creative said:

I’m not jealous that many of you have your coins at all 😩

Who cares mines still in “Open Orders”…

…I do 😭 

14 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

My opinion is that if your coin looks good to the naked eye then it is good enough for me. You don't look at anything through a magnifying glass usually. Does perfection really exist any way?

Want to buy some????

🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

How on Earth could the QC Dept miss that?? Sorry to see that.😥

Yes, don’t want to be too hard on them because after the volume they have needed to check I can understand a few sneaking through but this coin is clearly damaged. As soon as you look at it, you can see it has issues though and now needing to find a sensible way forward with the mint. 

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Print arrived.

Going back too. cardboard packaging was all bent out of shape and in my opinion way too thin/flimsy for a product like this.

As you can see, significant damage on the actual print and accompanying letter.

PXL_20211120_122120973.jpg

PXL_20211120_122103613.jpg

PXL_20211120_121947019.jpg

Mine was similar, bent down the middle at the top. It wasn’t Royal Mails fault either no bend in the out package 🤷‍♂️ It like they put it in the A4 certificate envelope then bent it on purpose 😞 

Its going back. Will get a refund, can’t be bothered chasing this for weeks.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

53 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

I was thinking the same thing, if they were all PF70 there would be no point grading. Where would the fun be in that?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Just typical, after going to the effort of setting up a tripod, camera, lights etc. to capture any problems at the point of unboxing, my 5-coin set turned out to be perfect!

(at least to the naked eye, that is.... I will have a closer look with a million dollar electron microscope after all the other things people have pointed out)

Somewhat miffed at having a COA number in the mid-range considering I must have been one of the first people here to actually order it, but by lucky coincidence it's still a rather special number to me!

Someone can perhaps correct me, though I am sure I heard that COAs bear no resemblance to the time you ordered, and unfortunately they just randomly select COAs for all orders! Frustrating, as I thought the same; if you order first you’ll get one of the lower COAs but apparently doesn’t work like that!

3 minutes ago, Yorkshiremanc said:

Someone can perhaps correct me, though I am sure I heard that COAs bear no resemblance to the time you ordered, and unfortunately they just randomly select COAs for all orders! Frustrating, as I thought the same; if you order first you’ll get one of the lower COAs but apparently doesn’t work like that!

I was late to the party 11-12 and got 661 for the half sov and 2*** for the full sov 

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

Both lovely coins, only "complaint" small chip on the 1/2 sov capsule

2022 Gold Bullion Sovereign Announcement

I am sure we can expect a Royal Mint announcement about the release date of the bullion (not billion or billon) version of the 2022 gold sovereign very soon, possibly as early as Monday morning 22nd November.

We do already know that it will have the same Royal Coat of Arms reverse design as the recently released proof version.

We also know the RM has a rather full programme of impending releases, so it is likely to be delayed compared with last year's release date.

I already know which date I would put my money on, but there is little point me pre-empting the announcement, so it will probably be worth checking the RM site, and maybe expect an e-mail at the usual 9.00 a.m. Monday.

Just don't shoot me if I am wrong!

😎

P.S. I don't expect to be glued to my monitor at 9.00, as I will have taken my car to have its new winter tyres fitted. I am also expecting to see snow soon.

Chards

If you look really closely, the textures in the mirror-like polished regions are truly mesmerising. They also harbour lots of microscratches, but I consider that acceptable!

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

It might be an interesting week

I, too, am excited to see how Lawrence gets on with his new winter tyres :) 

Well, I just filmed my 2 cents worth for the 5 coin set. 

Video tomorrow.

I tried to steer clear of just moaning about what is ultimately a very small quality issue. 

I really hope that I can get a replacement though - or a reminted set if they have no suitable replacement - because let me tell you, I LOVE THIS SET!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion