• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

5 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Still on open order, so called the RM. Person said they hope to have all orders dispatched……..by January and probably before Christmas !

He also threw out a random number of hoping to have 1,000 minted within two weeks and that a percentage of the total mintage were made before release and they now have to catch up. He said this was the first time this demand on the release day had happened and I said rubbish, it isn’t. He then said he had only been working there a short while……….so sometime between now and the end of the year !

I guess that's good news for people looking for replacements from the mint, more of a chance they will replace a coin with a fresh one seeing as they're still cranking them out.

Well at least everyone else's orders are being delivered or about to be, mine is still at open orders.

I called the RM this morning and they stated within 10 working days and that my order should be on it's way this week...

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

5 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

I guess that's good news for people looking for replacements from the mint, more of a chance they will replace a coin with a fresh one seeing as they're still cranking them out.

What happens to the mintage figures if they make new replacements?

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Are proof Sovereign sets CGT-exempt years down the line?

The individual coins within are legal tender, but the box obviously isn't and that presumably accounts for some of the set's value.

If the box value goes above £12.5k then I would worry... that said if they did then I would have the coins from you for £5 😁

Just now, Oldun said:

The inconsistency by the RM is maddening. To one customer, they say within 10 days. To another, some time between now and the end of the year. 

I think it's reasonable to assume that the front-end customer service people don't really know what's going on most of the time, and certainly don't have access to certain information.

A lot of them are just normal people who needed a job - some of them haven't been in the job that long, and not all of them will even have any true interest in or knowledge of the stuff their employer sells to pay their wages.

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

I think it's reasonable to assume that the front-end customer service people don't really know what's going on most of the time, and certainly don't have access to certain information.

A lot of them are just normal people who needed a job - some of them haven't been in the job that long, and not all of them will even have any true interest in or knowledge of the stuff their employer sells to pay their wages.

And how is that my problem ? It shows a lack of training of the staff they employ and is also indicative of their poor quality control staff too.

Edited by Oldun

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

What happens to the mintage figures if they make new replacements?

The figures would remain unaffected, they can just scrap the duff coins and issue the replacements.

Whether the RM would go to the trouble of doing that is another matter, but at least they have the option to do that while they're still producing the coins.

Just now, Oldun said:

And how is that my problem ? It shows a lack of training of the staff they employ and is also indicative of their poor quality control staff too.

I didn't say it was your problem? I was just explaining the likely cause of those discrepancies (one of them told me his life story while I was trying to get an account problem sorted out! :D)

37 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Still on open order, so called the RM. Person said they hope to have all orders dispatched……..by January and probably before Christmas !

He also threw out a random number of hoping to have 1,000 minted within two weeks and that a percentage of the total mintage were made before release and they now have to catch up. He said this was the first time this demand on the release day had happened and I said rubbish, it isn’t. He then said he had only been working there a short while……….so sometime between now and the end of the year !

Well on the flip side of that is they have no excuses now and will have to honour replacements for those with damaged coins? 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

They do 600 sovereigns per day when they to a SOTD sov think the brexit one was 1500? 

The first 2 of the coins I bought arrived on Friday morning, I opened the outer box later that day and the packing slip said they were both full Sovs.

I eventually opened them this morning and both of the coins are both in perfect condition, which is good.

I don't buy much from RM as I'm more of a stacker, plus too many proofs seem to fall in value quite fast, so just the usual suspects, Engravers/Q Beasts/ etc - (I found the the first of the Tudor Beasts rather uninspiring personally, so not bothering)

To get back to the point, both coins had a very full QC sticker of them, running over the front, down the side and onto the back, were it not for that, I suspect one of the coins, having come out of the box ring/circle, would quite possibly have opened - as we have all seen before.

I have therefore left that QC sticker in place, but used both a 3x, and a 10x loop, and then a USB plug in magnifying light to ensure I didn't miss any potential damage.

My QC number is 43 on both, so I am wondering what other QC numbers have been received, this maybe a guide as to the speed at which they are going out of RM.

Anyone else had a different QC number??

Later - so the COA # 2174 is a loser from a recent post.

Edited by Coverte

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

They do 600 sovereigns per day when they to a SOTD sov think the brexit one was 1500? 

They produce up to 60 proof coins per hour, but 250 bullion, or 100 BU coins. So they have maybe only one press for 10h a day minting the proof sovereigns

6 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

They produce up to 60 proof coins per hour, but 250 bullion, or 100 BU coins. So they have maybe only one press for 10h a day minting the proof sovereigns

There’s a minimum of 6 proof machines, I’ve used them, stuck my own sovereign woo! 

bullion coins are in a different room using different machinery.  

47 minutes ago, Coverte said:

The first 2 of the coins I bought arrived on Friday morning, I opened the outer box later that day and the packing slip said they were both full Sovs.

I eventually opened them this morning and both of the coins are both in perfect condition, which is good.

I don't buy much from RM as I'm more of a stacker, plus too many proofs seem to fall in value quite fast, so just the usual suspects, Engravers/Q Beasts/ etc - (I found the the first of the Tudor Beasts rather uninspiring personally, so not bothering)

To get back to the point, both coins had a very full QC sticker of them, running over the front, down the side and onto the back, were it not for that, I suspect one of the coins, having come out of the box ring/circle, would quite possibly have opened - as we have all seen before.

I have therefore left that QC sticker in place, but used both a 3x, and a 10x loop, and then a USB plug in magnifying light to ensure I didn't miss any potential damage.

My QC number is 43 on both, so I am wondering what other QC numbers have been received, this maybe a guide as to the speed at which they are going out of RM.

Anyone else had a different QC number??

Later - so the COA # 2174 is a loser from a recent post.

I always assumed the QC number was assigned to a member of staff so they can track it back to who checked the coins originally?

11 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

There’s a minimum of 6 proof machines, I’ve used them, stuck my own sovereign woo! 

bullion coins are in a different room using different machinery.  

I think it's totally wrong to strike them after release. But they don't strike only sovereigns, or better one sovereigns. They have to mint snowmans and tiggers too. Every week at least one release it's obviously too much for them. Ok, some coins never sell out and they mint on demand for sure. But issues like this sov, the great engravers, you know, they sell out in a minute. Mint them all, be ready and send as much as you can handle out. Waiting for the coins to get minted after release looks like really poor time management to me. If i would work like this i would have not only to stop collecting coins, but sell my collection for rent and food

So mine is still showing open so I called the RM and took them to task over it. They admitted that their order system cocked up on the release day resulting in a number of orders not coming through until the 17th!! (i.e. 2 days after release). You can see whether you are a victim of this by looking at your open order and seeing whether it says the order date is the 17th or not.

They assured me that they only sold what they could cater for, but she did apologise that the system basically pushed my 9.15am order to the back of the que and reflected that I hadn't ordered until 9.15am on the 17th. She didn't give me categoric reassurance that the order could be fulfilled, but simply said that the system showed my particular order was being processed and all orders in that state are expected to be fulfilled. If your order is not showed as being 'processed' on their system there could be an issue. Hope that helps for those in the same position as me.

The longer you wait, the longer you have got to pay for it ! you might miss this months bill cycle, so obtained some free interest days

Im still waiting for one set to arrive, i think this is very very wrong, as i managed to order before 9am so was technically ahead of the queue so should get it faster by default !  😂😄😆🤪🤩 

49 minutes ago, BiigT said:

So mine is still showing open so I called the RM and took them to task over it. They admitted that their order system cocked up on the release day resulting in a number of orders not coming through until the 17th!! (i.e. 2 days after release). You can see whether you are a victim of this by looking at your open order and seeing whether it says the order date is the 17th or not.

They assured me that they only sold what they could cater for, but she did apologise that the system basically pushed my 9.15am order to the back of the que and reflected that I hadn't ordered until 9.15am on the 17th. She didn't give me categoric reassurance that the order could be fulfilled, but simply said that the system showed my particular order was being processed and all orders in that state are expected to be fulfilled. If your order is not showed as being 'processed' on their system there could be an issue. Hope that helps for those in the same position as me.

Yep, my open order has/had been updated to 17th...

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019