• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

Well......thats massive BS as alot of people who sent their QB's sets back got a replacement  which was someone else's set that they returned to the RM!!

But I have heard that now some are being re-struck so maybe because so many were returned they are going to re-strike the whole 300 sets..

Just a heads up.... After purchasing an item from RM I got an email from Feefo for a “Review your recent experience with The Royal Mint”...

As I had issues with quality control, I responded accordingly with notes about disappointment and quality control etc. Minimum rating was set at 1* (Bad) and I subsequently rated all previous question accordingly, however when the next question came up about what I liked about the coin, I was honest and rated the particular coin design as 5*

On checking the comments after completion, Feefo’s website listed my review as 5* based on just one comment !!!!!! 🤬.

Please make sure if you do a review, make everything 1* to reflect your actual comments if service has been poor.

Edited by Uksilverstackers

5 hours ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Just a heads up.... After purchasing an item from RM I got an email from Feefo for a “Review your recent experience with The Royal Mint”...

As I had issues with quality control, I responded accordingly with notes about disappointment and quality control etc. Minimum rating was set at 1* (Bad) and I subsequently rated all previous question accordingly, however when the next question came up about what I liked about the coin, I was honest and rated the particular coin design as 5*

On checking the comments after completion, Feefo’s website listed my review as 5* based on just one comment !!!!!! 🤬.

Please make sure if you do a review, make everything 1* to reflect your actual comments if service has been poor.

Surely 1 star across the board becomes 5 star!?

5 comments, 1 star each = 5 star (5 x 1)?

A weighting added possibly, weighted more towards design?

Sadly, wouldn't suprise me.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

9 hours ago, Uksilverstackers said:

however when the next question came up about what I liked about the coin, I was honest and rated the particular coin design as 5*

It's what you call marketing engineering - the RM know you wanted the coin because of it's design and know you'll score it highly, so the overall score will be weighted to towards the design.

Clever eh!

And doesn't hurt the RM's reputation in the process! In-fact it makes their reputation most reputable! 😋

Edited by GoldenGriffin

10 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Surely 1 star across the board becomes 5 star!?

5 comments, 1 star each = 5 star (5 x 1)?

A weighting added possibly, weighted more towards design?

Sadly, wouldn't suprise me.

Wait what? Never mind differential weighting, a simple average (equal weighting) would result in a 1 star.

(5 x 1) / 5 = 1

It’s weird what Feefo did for sure. 

I still have not heard anything about my 2 silver sets and 2oz silver completer. 
it’s not been cancelled so will have to see if it turns up mid August.  

it would be easier to offer us TSF a click and collect service, it would only need one of us there to check off the sets for other members.  How about TSF QC sticker!  

6 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Sorry mate, I was being facetious. 😊

Yeah, I agree, very weird.

Andrew’s boring but interesting fact #1: the word ‘facetious’ is the only word in the English language that contains all the vowels, in the correct order, once. 

On 15/07/2021 at 12:30, Uksilverstackers said:

They only get 2.4 / 2.5 stars here:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.royalmint.com

The Royal Mint
Reviews 233  •  Poor
2.5 stars: Poor

Chards

8 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Sorry mate, I was being facetious. 😊

Yeah, I agree, very weird.

My apologies to you then. I was taking things a bit too seriously. 😅

8 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Andrew’s boring but interesting fact #1: the word ‘facetious’ is the only word in the English language that contains all the vowels, in the correct order, once. 

OMG really!? How ironic is that! 👀 

1 hour ago, Uksilverstackers said:

For those that missed the 1/4oz Silver Proof Set and wish to take the plunge. Chards currently have it in stock.....

Chards - QB Silver 1/4oz Proof Set

Good link; actually marginally cheaper than the RM I think, after taking VAT etc into account. 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

It's a very nice set.....But with all the problems with the 2oz set mintage 300....its a gamble whether you get a "Proof set" with no scratches,milkspots etc....I would like to own one...but own one in "Proof condition" as advertised by the RM.

I'd be on it likes Bee's on honey..but with the inferior products and quality control from the RM...I'd rather keep my cash and invest in some Gold or sovreigns...until the RM can sort out their quality of coins for the high prices they are offering..I'm keeping a wide berth from all proof sets from the RM..But that's just my opinion......

Regards

26 minutes ago, Shell said:

£420? This was £180 on the RM site. Would have snapped it up😠🤬😠🤬😠

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/queens-beasts-2021-quarter-ounce-silver-proof-ten-coin-set/

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

9 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I would be having that 1 they have, if I hadn't had the 2oz set.

I think it speaks volumes that they have been listed now for a couple of days at least and are still available. They flew out the door on release and a major dealer has a very reasonably priced set available - logically you would think they would be snapped up.

Has everybody who really wants a set got one - probably not (myself included). Are people willing to risk it given the problems with this set, I'm not. It's a shame because it a beautiful set, but fool me once- shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me as an ex president tried to say!

I wonder @LawrenceChard is the set brand new, a return to RM or a private purchase Chards have made? Obviously I am not casting any aspersions and respect the right not to answer. I'm just intrigued!

I'm sure it will sell, but a little surprised that it hasn't done so already.

1 hour ago, CollectorNo1 said:

After the debacle of the 2oz sets I personally would steer clear...I would like to know after all the returns and replacements if anyone actually received a set without any problems??

I'll let you know as I have the 1/2 and 2oz silver sets with NGC at the moment 🙂