• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts

On 14/06/2021 at 11:55, Lr103 said:

@Altitudes

These unusual proof sizes were also selectively available in the US market. BOLD precious metals had 15 of the 2oz silver proofs for sale, and I happened to take a screenshot from May 2nd. APMEX currently has a 10oz gold proof for sale at an enormous premium, and the mintage of this coin is 30.  I like to take these screenshots for reference prices, as the dealers remove them after they sell.  

Have you seen any prices for any of the one kilo silver proof Queen's Beasts?

Chards

28 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Have you seen any prices for any of the one kilo silver proof Queen's Beasts?

I haven't seen any yet, but I think APMEX will list one soon.  If you look at their listing for the one kilo silver proof, it says "Coming Soon".  In my experience, this is what the listing shows when an item has not yet been put up for sale.  Other items that have already been listed and sold, such as the kilo Griffin, say "Currently Out of Stock".

I'll take a screenshot if I happen to notice it for sale.

3 minutes ago, Lr103 said:

@LawrenceChard

Here it is at $8,095. One of the most expensive kilo coins I’ve ever seen!

2F40B840-03C5-40B3-99AF-711CF8EFE711.jpeg

Thanks for spotting that

$8095 
at $1.3879
= £5832

I have seen more expensive kilo coins, but they were gold.

It looks like the Completer is the most popular, I wonder what the original 10 beasts are going for?

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

It looks like the Completer is the most popular, I wonder what the original 10 beasts are going for?

I agree it looks to be the most popular, and I’ve seen the kilo silvers of the regular 10 beasts for sale in the past at nowhere close to this price, but they could have appreciated of course. 

15 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Any ideas about the prices for the 2oz silver proofs? RRP is £180.00. Secondary market likely to be.........?

On this side of the pond they sold out from dealers at just under $600 per (I posted a listing picture a few pages back). 

5 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Any ideas about the prices for the 2oz silver proofs? RRP is £180.00. Secondary market likely to be.........?

Why you got one coming?................. I'll speculate £650-£850  if the mintage is 100.

I'd love to get hands on the 2oz gold but don't think I'm special enough to be allowed to buy one.  

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Why you got one coming?................. I'll speculate £650-£850  if the mintage is 100.

I'd love to get hands on the 2oz gold but don't think I'm special enough to be allowed to buy one.  

The 2oz gold is all sold out. I’m not sure if they went to trade or Mint Marque members at the Royal Mint. None have popped up on the secondary market either. It will be a sweet coin to add to any collection!

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Yes. Silver, not gold. Just curious. Not intending on selling at this stage. According to my order page the mintage is 100 and this is also what the RM have told me, but others here are saying it is 750 with the RM only having 100 to sell. It’s really bizarre. I’ll wait to receive the coin and check the CoA when it comes......

Paid for this a while back and money bounced back late last week as still not dispatched. No idea when it will be sent out. Maybe they cancelled on me!!

5 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Gold 2oz proof hasn’t been released yet either. I was originally told the end of June, but haven’t heard anything since.

Hey Chris, 
My account manager confirmed that there will be no 2oz gold proof sold to the general public. She tends to be bang on about stuff like this. I asked previously if she can secure one for me but confirmed they have already been sold 😞 

3 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The issue limit is 750, not 100.

https://www.chards.co.uk/2021-queens-beasts-completer-two-ounce-silver-proof-coin/14540

Mintage Figure 750

It is well-known that the RM had a page stating issue limit 100, which was apparently published in error and removed within hours. I have previously posted a link to their page on TSF.

Chards

Just now, Lr103 said:

I probably follow this series too closely, but we all need hobbies 🙂

Oh my. I know. I know!!! However, in my case, there is a super thin line between a hobby and an obsession. You should see me at the moment looking for old NGC slabbed British Coinage with a view to conservation and regrading via PCGS.....crazy as hell, but it is a 'hobby'. haha. 

40 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Oh my. I know. I know!!! However, in my case, there is a super thin line between a hobby and an obsession. You should see me at the moment looking for old NGC slabbed British Coinage with a view to conservation and regrading via PCGS.....crazy as hell, but it is a 'hobby'. haha. 

Just make sure you don’t spend too long on your ‘hobby’? 😆

Like Kim here....

9F1D1F57-F692-410B-85B3-CAF0F9C98D4A.jpeg