• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

On 27/01/2021 at 19:57, Paul said:

https://coins.ha.com/itm/great-britain/world-coins/great-britain-elizabeth-ii-gold-proof-una-and-the-lion-2000-pounds-2-kilos-2019-pr69-ultra-cameo-ngc-/a/3089-31250.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

The 2kg Una & Lion sold at Heritage in USA $360,000

Mintage of just x4

£90k gets you (x2) 1kg gold bar or for a bit extra you could have had this 

On 24/01/2021 at 15:04, Oldun said:

PF69 Una and the Lion no bid at asking price of £3000. Looks like it was overpriced by the seller/dealer.

https://bidlive.coinsoftherealm-auctions.com/auctions/4-1K3SXQ/coins-of-the-realm-auction-9?jump_to_lot=3

I have been buying from Auctions while the Gold price has been high i have been buying Vic sovs.  What i have noticed is there is a lot more money for very early Victoria sovereigns and modern coins.  I watched the coinsoftherealm auction i was disapointed at the start price of some of the sovereigns, though at least there is not any 'bidding up' at that auction, they give you a reserve price or a estamate which means the Auctioneer can legally bid upto that price.  

As far as the UNA coins go  Its legal in the USA to shil at auctions. 

I really do think you guys have done fantastically well out of the Una coins. 

8 hours ago, Paul said:

could be any Monday - phone calls and email to RM don't loosen any lips sadly

Even your personal account manager don't tell you anything :(

But it gotta be sometime soon it comes out 

I've been told it may not be a Monday

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I've been told it may not be a Monday

it will knock a good few off folk the scent if they chose not to release on a Monday. 

Most releases are a Monday or am i wrong ?

Rarely i ever queue or look for new RM product

Edited by Paul

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Most releases are a Monday or am i wrong

Yes I believe that is the case and usually first thing in a morning, they have given up on the midnight or later issues as it caused too much upset.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 02/02/2021 at 18:23, Tattoedamat said:

In answer to the original question £13000 for Alderney una

Screenshot_20210202_182235_com.android.chrome.jpg

The original price was not £13,000.  That price was for just the one coin being advertised for sale by BCC when I was on their website on 2/11/20.

Prior to that date others have sold on Coin Cabinet auctions for as low as £4,600 on 28/6/20 and as high as £15,500 just 4 months later. Although 4 have sold on Coin Cabinet auctions for 5 figure sums since September last year, one lucky bidder managed to acquire one for just £9,000 on their last auction on 31/1/21.

I don’t know the original price though, but it’s only a 1oz coin whereas the RM version was 2oz.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

3 hours ago, Oldun said:

PF69 went for £2,752

£2700/2900 seems to be the sweet spot for these PF69

£1600/1800 for a PF68

I am curious to see if the frenzies will be reinforced after the Three Graces are out 

I have 4 silver PF69 coming back from grading and I am curious to see where goes the trend ...As a happy owner, to sell or not to sell...that's the question :)  

Edited by Frenchie

2 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

£2700/2900 seems to be the sweet spot for these PF69

£1600/1800 for a PF68

I am curious to see if the frenzies will be reinforced after the Three Graces are out 

I have 4 silver PF69 coming back from grading and I am curious to see where the goes the trend ...As a happy owner, to sell or not to sell...that's the question :)  

Always keep one 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

5 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

No, and I don't feel comfortable to ship it !  As I live in France, I could eventually go to Paris and grade it with  PCGS

P1540645.jpg

P1540812.jpg

Ooh I wouldn’t ship it either. I’m in London and took a trip down to Paris just to deliver it in person at PCGS. 
The rep who accepted the coin said, “oh wow, an Una.....” and then roughly dumped it out of the capsule onto the pad on his table. He then picked up the coin with his bare hands, no gloves. I nearly had a heart attack...

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Excited Jim Carrey GIF not seen mind in many months locked in safe deposit box :( 

Hello Paul :) 

I am sure you will be happy to see your beautiful Una, sitting next to the Three Graces !

I also hope to be lucky enough getting it, and be inspired to make some beautiful pictures of them side by side  :) 

4 minutes ago, SovCollector said:

Ooh I wouldn’t ship it either. I’m in London and took a trip down to Paris just to deliver it in person at PCGS. 
The rep who accepted the coin said, “oh wow, an Una.....” and then roughly dumped it out of the capsule onto the pad on his table. He then picked up the coin with his bare hands, no gloves. I nearly had a heart attack...

Unbelievable, I can imagine what were your feelings. Did you get a good grade at the end ?