• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

25 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Ah William Wyon's design... Is there confirmation that it will be released next year?? 

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3696036

I think we're all hoping January but not sure if that's confirmed

The RM had a sign up if you're interested page for it so that suggests should be soon

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

On 27/12/2020 at 21:01, Paul said:

I didn't say or write this quote above youve pasted  "And the PF 70 was mine. Purchased right here on the forum from @richatthecroft.  Kerbloomingching"

My apologies. I don’t know how that happens. I’m not entirely sure how to reattribute those words to the owner. I’ll give it a shot. 

On 27/12/2020 at 19:16, magpie79 said:

It’s obviously the price will keep rising 

Does any think the silver and gold version r still a good investment at the current highs ? 

Personally, yes. I do think that even if the silver is bought at £6000 and the gold for £60k, those prices will still climb higher. The gold is still incredibly sought after by many, especially the Japanese. It’s still very rare that it pops up on the market for sale. I do think that means it’ll hold its value and only increase another few thousand the next time it pops up for sale.

HOWEVER, who actually has £60k they can actually drop on a single coin?! I know I don’t! 

i don’t plan on selling either my silver or gold Una for another few years to come. Maybe by then the 2oz will hit £100k?! We can all dream... 

6 hours ago, SovCollector said:

Personally, yes. I do think that even if the silver is bought at £6000 and the gold for £60k, those prices will still climb higher. The gold is still incredibly sought after by many, especially the Japanese. It’s still very rare that it pops up on the market for sale. I do think that means it’ll hold its value and only increase another few thousand the next time it pops up for sale.

HOWEVER, who actually has £60k they can actually drop on a single coin?! I know I don’t! 

i don’t plan on selling either my silver or gold Una for another few years to come. Maybe by then the 2oz will hit £100k?! We can all dream... 

My take is that in a stable  environment, I would say that keeping a collector coin could be a good choice. The question is to know if collectors coins will perform better than bullion with gold spot rising and my intuition lies  around 2400/2500£ in 2021/2022

Today's £60k represents 43 ounces of gold bullion so around £106£ with my forecast.  The bet will depends whether the Gold Unas will perform better than 43oz of gold.

What are your take on this ?

5 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

My take is that in a stable  environment, I would say that keeping a collector coin could be a good choice. The question is to know if collectors coins will perform better than bullion with gold spot rising and my intuition lies  around 2400/2500£ in 2021/2022

Today's £60k represents 43 ounces of gold bullion so around £106£ with my forecast.  The bet will depends whether the Gold Unas will perform better than 43oz of gold.

What are your take on this ?

At these price levels, it has little to do with the underlying metal value but it is mostly a collector premium. So even if the gold price doubled I don't think it will be any different than if it halved. 

Hi. I didn’t buy one initially as I don’t collect silver. Too bulky. And my collection is the other PMs. And I had never seen one. But over the last year the pictures of the coin are great & I wanted one. So I invested some profit from a rhodium bar into an Una. I am not disappointed. Lovely. I wish I had bought one earlier, of course. But I have one now & unless my life takes a dramatic turn for the worse I will still own it in 5 & 10 years time. At the same time I bought the first Palladium coin to come up on TSF for several years. That is great too but nowhere near the quality of the Una. About the same scarcity worldwide but v few in the UK 

and I still don’t collect silver 😞

happy new year everyone. 
cb 

Hi and happy new year! A friend of mine found a silver Una in Athens for 1500€. The owner told him that it if he wanted it slabbed it would probably get 68 due to the poor package from the RM when he bought it and showed some photos. Do you think it is a good price?

16 hours ago, giog said:

Hi and happy new year! A friend of mine found a silver Una in Athens for 1500€. The owner told him that it if he wanted it slabbed it would probably get 68 due to the poor package from the RM when he bought it and showed some photos. Do you think it is a good price?

Hard to say without seeing photographs. Does damaged packaging mean it has some hairline scratches?

1 hour ago, BrumChris said:

Hard to say without seeing photographs. Does damaged packaging mean it has some hairline scratches?

I haven't seen the photos myself. Generally speaking is it a good idea to buy a silver Una just before the "three graces" at such a price? I told him buy an extra "three graces" coin and you may be able to exchange it in the future.  

16 hours ago, giog said:

I haven't seen the photos myself. Generally speaking is it a good idea to buy a silver Una just before the "three graces" at such a price? I told him buy an extra "three graces" coin and you may be able to exchange it in the future.  

That could work but it assumes that he can get a couple of the three graces and that their prices will jump to Una levels. 

If he wants an Una and is happy with the condition, then it might be best to buy now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2020 at 00:19, Paul said:

So a rise of £600 from the last one mentioned on this thread for a silver PF69 two months ago (expand to read).

Edited by Oldun

15 minutes ago, Oldun said:

So a rise of £600 from the last one mentioned on this thread for a silver PF69 two months ago (expand to read).

At this rate it might be cheaper to buy the original 😀

Do people think it is worth buying the Alderney/British Virgin Islands versions of the coin?

5 hours ago, SovCollector said:

Does anyone know where one can purchase the 2021 Gold Alderney Three Graces when it’s eventually released?

Thanks!

They should be dated 2020.

Gold Alderney (£5) ones seem to have been all bought by various dealers and will now only be available in the secondary market.

UK version (2oz and beyond) with the same reverse will be available on the Royal Mint website as well as from some of the dealers' websites once it has been released.

On 28/12/2020 at 15:20, goldmember44 said:

The three graces? 

Well if the Mint can grow a 4th leg onto the Martian TRIpod on the HG Wells coin design, then why not chuck in a 4th grace as well? My vote goes to young Mr Grace. 

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

7 hours ago, SovCollector said:

Does anyone know where one can purchase the 2021 Gold Alderney Three Graces when it’s eventually released?

Thanks!

There’s been discussion on this on Westminstrel’s “Speculation on 2020 and 2021 Great Engravers Designs” topic which is also listed under General Precious Metals.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)