• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

5 minutes ago, silversurf said:

RM Gold Una up for sale at next months London Coin auction. Lot number 237 with a guide of 45k - 60k plus 17% commission. Happy bidding everyone 😀

£500 = 5OZ VERSION 

https://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?searchlot=237&searchtype=2&page=Catalogue

LOT #237

15 minutes ago, silversurf said:

@PaulDo you think it might make six figures considering what the 2 oz have been selling for for?

Who knows? who knows ?  the RRP list price 2oz gold felt expensive to me at the time :( 

I would have thought they would have graded it to be fair 

Edited by Paul

For all those waiting for Monday for a possible release of Three Graces, not happening. A special edition of the 50th Anniversary of Decimalisation SOTD is due for release.  RM won’t be releasing that and the graces on the same day.

With a mintage of 700, does anyone think it’s worth purchasing the 50p at a cost for roughly £1200?

FED45AF0-B381-49E3-A014-6026C0F5070B.png

Edited by SovCollector

9 hours ago, verrachi said:

Anyone picking up the 2kg Silver proof 2019 Una and lion GREAT BRITAIN THE GREAT ENGRAVERS  by royal mint? * Whenever it comes out* 
PS: anyone if there are other sizes coming out?

There was a rumour they were all sold exclusively by a single supplier, not sure if it’s true but that was the rumour 

1 hour ago, SovCollector said:

For all those waiting for Monday for a possible release of Three Graces, not happening. A special edition of the 50th Anniversary of Decimalisation SOTD is due for release.  RM won’t be releasing that and the graces on the same day.

With a mintage of 700, does anyone think it’s worth purchasing the 50p at a cost for roughly £1200?

Well that presents a dilemma for those who have just enough cash for a few Graces coins.. And if this SOTD 50p is bought, it could upset the applecart. 

It is quite a unique SOTD, the first of its kind, but the thing that bothers me is that there already are other versions of the coin, that are even lower mintage. The normal proof has a mintage of 400 I think, and then there's an even rarer one from the annual sets with the early portrait. Mintage 90?

On 08/02/2021 at 07:52, silversurf said:

RM Gold Una up for sale at next months London Coin auction. Lot number 237 with a guide of 45k - 60k plus 17% commission. Happy bidding everyone 😀

I'm doing the peace dollars in 65 instead, will cost more but history is history, brand new is kind of speculative at best.

10 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Well that presents a dilemma for those who have just enough cash for a few Graces coins.. And if this SOTD 50p is bought, it could upset the applecart. 

That’s what I was thinking... 

Its a numismatic first to have a SOTD as a 50p BUT how many Graces can you potentially buy with that cash.

I don’t think I’m the only one holding out on buying other coins at auction, etc. until the ladies are released (which is now looking like late February at the earliest).

12 hours ago, verrachi said:

Anyone picking up the 2kg Silver proof 2019 Una and lion GREAT BRITAIN THE GREAT ENGRAVERS  by royal mint? * Whenever it comes out* 
PS: anyone if there are other sizes coming out?

Yes if I can 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

On 08/02/2021 at 13:04, Paul said:

First time ive seen a 5oz gold Una & Lion up for auction as yet since the RM launch, thanks for posting @silversurf

So they do exist!

7 hours ago, SovCollector said:

I love how RM made a big thing about the year set being the only way to get the gold 50p and yet they release this. Ok it's not a proof but even so....

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/annual-sets/2021-annual-coin-sets/the-2021-united-kingdom-gold-proof-commemorative-coin-set/

14 hours ago, SovCollector said:

What’s the link to this coin? I can’t find it on the RM site by searching. 🤔 

15 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Thanks @SovCollector. This is different from the other gold proof in the set because that had the Machin obverse? So this is still somehow different? Or am I confused?

It is sightly different. The obverse being one. Although it is a gold proof, there is a small portion of it that is frosted also. It’s also struck on the day, which means you get a fancy certificate signed by the RM captain of commemorative coins. Is all that worth £1200+ 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by SovCollector

29 minutes ago, SovCollector said:

It is sightly different. The obverse being one. Although it is a gold proof, there is a small portion of it that is frosted also. It’s also struck on the day, which means you get a fancy certificate signed by the RM captain of commemorative coins. Is all that worth £1200+ 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ah yes that makes sense now.

It is not worth the price for me, but I’m pretty sure this will sell out as there seem to be a lot of 50p fans. 😊

6 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Ah yes that makes sense now.

It is not worth the price for me, but I’m pretty sure this will sell out as there seem to be a lot of 50p fans. 😊

The Brexit 50p gold seemed to do well, actually better than the SOTD sovereign in the secondary market. This 50p could be similar in performance, perhaps selling on eBay rather quickly for £1,500 - £2,000 and more.