• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

Well it looks like the 2019 silver Una PR70 has come down in price. It has just sold for $7800 on HA, which keeps it in line with the most recent sale at Coin Cabinet. 

There was a theory floating around that the original $13,000+ sale in the August auction at HA was done purposely by a member to inflate the price... possibly by someone who owned several perfect Una’s. 

I need to put away my conspiracy hat.

16 hours ago, Paul said:

If anyone bought one or knows, what was the  original/first issue RRP of the Alderney £5 gold Una & The Lion please ???

RM Una & Lion 2oz gold was £3,995

una alderney.jpg

Jeez, that Portrait...I just knew I recognised that less than flattering portrait of Her Majesty somewhere before- it’s reminiscent of  Harold Steptoe 

AAEE5051-4045-4888-8B8C-564F34BB456E.jpeg.0cb908211b5e2fb851d3eed793682b75.jpeg

On 22/01/2021 at 16:15, Paul said:

If anyone bought one or knows, what was the  original/first issue RRP of the Alderney £5 gold Una & The Lion please ???

RM Una & Lion 2oz gold was £3,995

una alderney.jpg

Good question which I don’t currently know the answer to because I missed its initial release unfortunately. I’ve since acquired a long term vested interest in this coin as you have with the RM 2oz version. I keep an eye on its occasional appearances on Coin Cabinet auctions so I know that the exact coin in your picture featured in the 27th September auction last year. 

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

Assuming it is made available to the wider public on the RM website, what would you prefer if you had a choice and why:

the 2oz or 5oz gold Three Graces?

Side question - does anyone know why the RM will likely not release all denominations of the 3 Graces on their website? 

12 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

I suspect that all the gold will be sold to account holders before release. If they haven't then the mintages are likely quite high.

I'd prefer a 5oz due to the extra detail but in reality it would be a 2oz due to cost.

I hold an account and a credit facility with them and they wouldn’t help me secure either 2oz or 5oz coin. Account manager said there was no pre release reserves and I had to chance it on day of release, which the account manager also didn’t tell me about before release or on day of release 😡 

Mint Marque “clients” don’t get much in the way of a special service especially on coins they know will fly off the shelves.

Too busy selling their overpriced “historic” coins at over inflated prices compared to trusted dealers.

I’ve unsubscribed from their emails now as they are always too late to be of any use. I told my account manager I’ve done this too. Asked them to tell the marketing department why.

Edited by MancunianStacker

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

42 minutes ago, Oldun said:

I know for a fact that a company in the far east had the rights to the gold ones graded PF70

Does that mean you think the remaining 2oz and 5oz gold coins will not be graded at 70?

I’m assuming you’re referring to LPM?

3 hours ago, Oldun said:

PF69 Una and the Lion no bid at asking price of £3000. Looks like it was overpriced by the seller/dealer.

https://bidlive.coinsoftherealm-auctions.com/auctions/4-1K3SXQ/coins-of-the-realm-auction-9?jump_to_lot=3

So much on there is overpriced and simply passes. Why not start at £2,500? I guess the sellers are taking a 10% fee into account and want to clear at least £2,700.

6 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

I hold an account and a credit facility with them and they wouldn’t help me secure either 2oz or 5oz coin. Account manager said there was no pre release reserves and I had to chance it on day of release, which the account manager also didn’t tell me about before release or on day of release 😡 

Mint Marque “clients” don’t get much in the way of a special service especially on coins they know will fly off the shelves.

Too busy selling their overpriced “historic” coins at over inflated prices compared to trusted dealers.

I’ve unsubscribed from their emails now as they are always too late to be of any use. I told my account manager I’ve done this too. Asked them to tell the marketing department why.

To be fair, that's respectable of them to give everyone an equal chance at the day of sale. Otherwise it becomes too much of an elitist thing where the ordinary man on the street cannot participate and try his luck. It's good they're sticking to some level of principles.

Edited by goldmember44

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

To be fair, that's respectable of them to give everyone an equal chance at the day of sale. Otherwise it becomes too much of an elitist thing where the ordinary man on the street cannot participate and try his luck. It's good they're sticking to some level of principles.

Yeah but tell everyone on the list who subscribed to emails. Someone on here got an email (late) but got one. I didn’t get an email. It just seems random and like they can’t be bothered. A bit like their proof coins 

Just now, MancunianStacker said:

Yeah but tell everyone on the list who subscribed to emails. Someone on here got an email (late) but got one. I didn’t get an email. It just seems random and like they can’t be bothered. A bit like their proof coins 

Happened to me too, a few times. It seems to be random. Can't remember which release it was, but I didn't get the usual email. Thankfully in that case I knew about the release beforehand.

12 minutes ago, watchesandwhisky said:

3 graces three sovereign sets up 500 mintage hmmmm, 1300 is steep but that isnt many.

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/proof-sets/2020-alderney-three-graces-3-coin-sovereign-set/?fbclid=IwAR29-5adbAaJJESKch3ifBJ3jvVCYGgz9Kv346kwLH6nBr4iVEXw47EL2YY