• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

3 hours ago, medgasguy said:

Does anyone know when The Royal Mint expects to release this coin for sale? The strike day is supposed to be 15 Feb. 21 and here it is the 12th and it hasn't gone live yet. Maybe they will release it on the 15th.

Nobody knows and if they did and told us they’d get into a lot of trouble and lose their dealer licence.

They won’t do two releases on the same day.

I spoke to a dealer today (by chance and got talking about 3G’s) who said they had over 2,000 emails asking to reserve a Royal Mint Three Graces coin for them. The dealer is getting all of their allocation graded. They don’t know when either yet. 

Apparently they will also all be raw coins from Royal Mint!

There will be a lot of disappointed people wanting the Three Graces coin. 

2,000 emails is not the same as how many want one of these coins. It also sounded like the mintages are not increasing so it really will be a lottery.

Best of luck everyone.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

That is great news for those that got the £499 Alderney PF70 Three Graces. A very decent bump in prices should occur for these after the RM madness has settled down and the RM ones been squirrelled away never to see the light of day again. That is why I went in forthe  Alderney Three Graces, as a back stop in case I miss out onthe RM one.

I think it may be that all dealers will be grading their allotments now, so chances of a cheap one may have set sail and disappeared over the horizon ?

Edited by Oldun

4 minutes ago, Oldun said:

That is great news for those that got the £499 Alderney PF70 Three Graces. A very decent bump in prices should occur for these after the RM madness has settled down and the RM ones been squirrelled away never to see the light of day again. That is why I went in forthe  Alderney Three Graces, as a back stop in case I miss out onthe RM one.

I think it may be that all dealers will be grading their allotments now, so chances of a cheap one may have set sail and disappeared over the horizon ?

Edited :)

6 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Nobody knows and if they did and told us they’d get into a lot of trouble and lose their dealer licence.

They won’t do two releases on the same day.

I spoke to a dealer today (by chance and got talking about 3G’s) who said they had over 2,000 emails asking to reserve a Royal Mint Three Graces coin for them. The dealer is getting all of their allocation graded. They don’t know when either yet. 

Apparently they will also all be raw coins from Royal Mint!

There will be a lot of disappointed people wanting the Three Graces coin. 

2,000 emails is not the same as how many want one of these coins. It also sounded like the mintages are not increasing so it really will be a lottery.

Best of luck everyone.

Could dealer not just keep them or sell them to friends/family if they are going to be such a hit. might mean even less come onto the market from none RM sources.

If is potentially "life changing money sorts of money"  profits involved it wouldn't surprise me 

Good point. Eitherway, if the RM keep the price at the same as the Una and the Lion, how much do you really think the dealers will sell for ? If I were a dealer, I would be checking the coins I received VERY carefully, selling the ones I thought wouldn’t make a 69/70 for a tidy profit and then wait and sell the others I had graded for a very large mark up that the market would be able to support easily with the massive interest involved.

Maybe not fair but with potentially 5 figures plus in profits for the dealer on their allocations, it would be pure a pure business decision.

Be honest, if you were a dealer with an allocation, you would do the same.

Edited by Oldun

On 09/02/2021 at 13:37, SovCollector said:

For all those waiting for Monday for a possible release of Three Graces, not happening. A special edition of the 50th Anniversary of Decimalisation SOTD is due for release.  RM won’t be releasing that and the graces on the same day.

@CoinStruck also broke that news last Monday. I thought it was a clever shout so I’ll risk not setting an alarm pre 9am for the first Monday since last November when I initially expected the Graces release. Probably won’t sleep well though (Gracemares).   

4 hours ago, Paul said:

If is potentially "life changing money sorts of money"  profits involved it wouldn't surprise me 

It is crazy to think that it really is potentially life changing money. Hang on to a small 2oz for a couple of years and that is someone’s deposit on a house, a way to get out of debt or even a fancy holiday. Oh wait.... we can’t go on holiday. Scrap that idea, but you get my point :)

All this waiting and the entire launch will be over in less than a minute. It’s going to be a race to the finish line.

On 09/02/2021 at 15:50, DarkChameleon said:

I'm doing the peace dollars in 65 instead, will cost more but history is history, brand new is kind of speculative at best.

The old saying goes “you have to speculate to accumulate” but I suppose we’re also gambling in that some coin purchases are safer bets (profit wise) than others.

With apologies for going off topic, I’m curious as to what peace dollars in 65 means. Is 65 a year or a grade perhaps? Thank you.

18 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

The old saying goes “you have to speculate to accumulate” but I suppose we’re also gambling in that some coin purchases are safer bets (profit wise) than others.

With apologies for going off topic, I’m curious as to what peace dollars in 65 means. Is 65 a year or a grade perhaps? Thank you.

He means graded in MS65.

2 hours ago, Oldun said:

The emails are useless for “in time” information. Everyone knows that.

How on earth they can't get to grips with email in this day and age is beyond me. The scammers are capable of sending millions of junk emails from multiple addresses at the drop of a hat yet the Mint can't manage one email to a few thousand subscribers in good time for a new release.🤨

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 16/02/2021 at 05:47, SovCollector said:

Mr. Men Little Miss being released today at 9am (whatever that is?!)
Is anyone else tired of waiting..... 😤

Wait is almost over.

Listen carefully I will say this only once>

Three Graces release is this Monday!!!

Versions include silver 2oz, gold 2oz and gold 5oz

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds !!!