• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

4 minutes ago, SovCollector said:

£85,000 and not graded?! I don’t think so... if it was a PF70, that would make a bit more sense.

I can’t believe I’ve just said a coin that was originally on sale for under £5k less than two years ago “makes sense” at £85k today 🤪

These are money stupid times right now...when regular investments are paying zero money will flow to none traditional just like the late 80s, classic cars, art, collectable exchanging hands sometimes within days of buying for substantial returns.

10 hours ago, SovCollector said:

Hey Paul,

From what I remember, a member said that the gold Una sold more recently for £80k in a Far East auction. 
Do you think it’ll break the £100k mark?

i really dont know to be honest, it was still a bitter pill for me to ponying up £4k for 2oz of gold in when it launched, and hoped it wasn't a risk/mistake !

Could it break 100k at auction ?  in this day and age who knows? 

only need two people with big enough cheque books who want it more than the other

6 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

I’ve recently bought a Gothic Crown as an investment because this market is still developing in my opinion - interesting times ahead especially for 19th century British coins 

no shortage of cash getting thrown at anything and everything "rare"

items not just nudging over the estimate, nope - things are getting smashed x2 x3 or x4 times estimate price 

not just coins/rare PMs

wine, whiskey, watches, cars, art, autographs/memorabilia,  even what would never be classed as investments trainers/Pokémon cards and in graded sports trading cards are going parabolic     

Edited by Paul

On 20/11/2019 at 09:57, westminstrel said:

That explanation makes sense. Personally I just feel it’s a waste of a timeless design to issue it in such a non-memorable year.

Also, as we’ve discussed in another thread, the minimum size gold version is about 2oz, so they’re obviously targeting a very specific demographic.

Just reading old posts and came across this. With hindsight 2020 will be a pretty memorable year I reckon! Haha! 

On 25/03/2021 at 18:29, Frenchie said:

Just to update the topic, if someone missed the 2oz gold Una, here is your chance to get it at a friendly price, hurry up !

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/proof-sets/2019-gold-2oz-una-and-the-lion/

Would be interested to know how much a  good silver unslabbed 2oz RM  Una goes for nowadays? All I can see is someone on ebay selling the Three Graces and Una coins together

1 hour ago, Numis65 said:

Would be interested to know how much a  good silver unslabbed 2oz RM  Una goes for nowadays? All I can see is someone on ebay selling the Three Graces and Una coins together

There is currently a raw Una  proposed for 3800€ (seller from Spain). I have personally  sold an  Una (PF69) recently for 3200€

Edited by Frenchie

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Frenchie said:

Thanks Paul, I will closely follow that auction and the others (Three Graces gold and Silver Unas) 

Yeah some really nice pieces to follow in this sale.

First time i have seen the PF70 5oz gold Britannia 2014 up for auction - bet that is fab in hand. Only 75 were minted 

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yeah some really nice pieces to follow in this sale.

First time i have seen the PF70 5oz gold Britannia 2014 up for auction - bet that is fab in hand. Only 75 were minted 

I was looking at this one too !  What a stunning coin :) , I'd like to have the funds ! 

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/972545/Great-Britain-2019-Silver-194-163-1000-1000-Pounds-Una-and-the-Lion-2-Kilo-First-Releases-NGC-Proof-70-UC-7-with-Numbered-Certificate-of-Authenticity-Original-Government-Packaging-ASW-6424-Oz2-Kilos

2kg PF70 Una & Lion up for auction in Trumpland ending on Sunday 18/04

Bidding at $40,000 ! {eek !!}

Mintage of just 40 - first one spotted in secondary market i believe 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/972545/Great-Britain-2019-Silver-194-163-1000-1000-Pounds-Una-and-the-Lion-2-Kilo-First-Releases-NGC-Proof-70-UC-7-with-Numbered-Certificate-of-Authenticity-Original-Government-Packaging-ASW-6424-Oz2-Kilos

It’s a beautiful coin but you gotta have some very deep pockets for it. 
After the Three Graces spending spree, all I have left in my pocket is an old Snickers wrapper and a bit of lint.

On 15/04/2021 at 16:06, Paul said:

at $50,000 USD now !! WOW !! 

End in 4 hours time if anyone feeling flush lol 

https://www.sovr.co.uk/auctions/index.php?option=com_timed_auction&auction_id=13&gridtype=listview

2oz gold Una & Lion at £44k in sovereign rarities current auction sale @Frenchie

I wonder what is is going to end at - any guestimates folk ??

Think the last £59k of coin cabinets auction from Sept 2020 will be breached ??

Live bidding starts Tuesday 27th April 10:00am GMT 

https://www.sovr.co.uk/auctions/index.php?option=com_timed_auction&view=lot_detail&low_estimate=0&high_estimate=150000&keyword=una&exclude_keyword=&sort_by=lot_number&image_filter=0&box_filter=0&paper_filter=0&export_issue=0&arr=0&auction_id=0&list_type=list_view&lots_per_page=18&page_no=1&lot_id=486312&search_type=&year=&month=&department_id=&cat_id=

2oz Una & Lion gold - Hammer price today ended at £50,000

+ 20% buyers premium = £10,000

= VAT on buyers premium @20% = £2,000

Total buyer paid therefore £62,000 for it 

Encouraging it is holding its value nicely, last UK auction sale was coincabinet in selling at £59,000 Sept 2020 with no buyers premium, less sellers fees 

• 4 months later...