• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

3 minutes ago, 47Ag79Au78Pt said:
That’s it!!! It seems that there is a certain degree of Voodoo in numismatics that simply escapes me. To have predicted this sort of price jump is, to the outsider looking in (me), pure magic!  

I didn't say or write this quote above youve pasted  "And the PF 70 was mine. Purchased right here on the forum from @richatthecroft.  Kerbloomingching"

1 hour ago, magpie79 said:

It’s obviously the price will keep rising 

Does any think the silver and gold version r still a good investment at the current highs ? 

Well there isn't going to be anymore minted for a long time?

I'd suggest a slow steady appreciation for the foreseeable future. 

I think the Una is a bit special compared to most numismatic coins.

On 15/12/2019 at 16:50, Kman said:

My guess is the price will settle around £250 and then £300 in a years time

Not my best guess 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, magpie79 said:

I remember when this thread started 

I think a lot of what was said, would make great T-shirt quotes 

£180 for 2oz of silver is a RIP OFF!

Royal Mint are just robbing folk 

I'm not surprised its still available at that price

:( hindsight is a great thing.  to think the silver was around a week plus (if i remember rightly) before it sold out. it wasn't an instant 5 mins sell on the day. Think we could have added three per person to :( 

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

:( hindsight is a great thing.  to think the silver was around a week plus (if i remember rightly)

I reread the first few pages, there's a post from me on 2nd December

I think it came out 25th November? so it was probably ~3 days to sell out

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Haha! This is hilarious! I stand by my initial comments. The premium was ridiculous and the prices currently being paid are crazy. But this view is only in relation to the intrinsic value. The cost of the coin is however no longer relevant to that intrinsic value but instead to the collectability of the coin. Who knew?

I bought one in the end...and as the prices rose a further three. The most I paid was £300. The total I paid for the four was £1,015.00. I sold two: one for £400 in March on EBay and one on here for £580 in May. My outlay for the two I currently hold is therefore £35. That’s £8.75 an ounce.  Ridiculous extremes for me in respect of this coin. Going to just keep them locked away for the long term as I will never lose money even if these drop to melt weight.

What people thought about the Una actually holds true for other 2oz silver coins issued... Like the James Bond ones. They haven't done very well lately in the auctions, and one could buy a 69 graded one for cheaper than RM initial price offering it seems. 70's are doing a bit better, but the early hype for them seems to be gone.

Una is in a class of its own. 

3 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I would say the Bonds might do better longer term, but the worry for the franchise is that the next 007 is female.

Be like slapping a meat and two veg on a Una.

Wouldn't it be wonderful and progressive if it was Leslie Jones 😍 or Kelly Marie Tran

Edited by Kman

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

I would say the Bonds might do better longer term, but the worry for the franchise is that the next 007 is female.

Be like slapping a meat and two veg on a Una.

Essentially, Bond won't be Bond anymore. Seriously. It will be like a new franchise, this current Bond is the last authentic one. So yes it will probably have sentimental/nostalgic and collector value in years to come. 

3 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

What people thought about the Una actually holds true for other 2oz silver coins issued... Like the James Bond ones. They haven't done very well lately in the auctions, and one could buy a 69 graded one for cheaper than RM initial price offering it seems. 70's are doing a bit better, but the early hype for them seems to be gone.

Una is in a class of its own. 

RM upped the price too much. The only silver I can see scoring a decent return is the three graces and that will very much depend on a sensible mintage. Even 5000 might be too much.