• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

2 hours ago, billysilver said:

Are you factoring in the shipping cost and the courier handling cost into this example of a maximum projected total?

The shipping cost is the postage of £11  the handling fee I've paid once DHL to royal mail 

But not DHL to DHL.

One example is Suissegold eu had them for £23.48 and not £ 23.71 so the above was a little cheaper,back in stock I think next Tuesday.

@Stokemeaclipper

As it happens I had made an account on suissegold a couple days ago so just went to check but 20% v.a.t is applied at checkout so works out at the same price you would pay here anyway and then you have to pay shipping on top, maybe you confused the dealer you are getting them in without v.a.t from?

20% v.a.t I mean...

On 11/03/2021 at 11:23, Stokemeaclipper said:

Yes, I am consistently getting silver into the UK,  but I think it's a bit unfair to suggest I'm avoiding paying the vat,😁 

I expect customs to do there job and add the correct amount of vat 

But I see it like this.

25 x1,oz brittanias from chards  last week cost £598 or £23.92 per coin + 20% vat = £717 + £8 postage total   £725.60

25 x 1,oz brittanias from Europe last week cost £592.75 or £23.71 per coin,  if vat is added @20% = £711.30 + £11 postage  total £722.30

So I can buy my own currency from another country, and save £3.30.

The vat on the Chards purchase is 100% guaranteed so £725.60 all in.

The vat on the European purchase is not 100% guaranteed and in theory could cost as little as £622.28 if 5% vat is added.

A saving of £103.32 on the Chards purchase, or £4.12 per coin, which almost removes the sellers premiums

Let's say i buy 4 tubes, I either save £13 or £413.00, this equates to 17.4 oz of free silver compared to the UK price.

But like I said before the vat is there to be paid at whatever amount 20% or 5% it's just not my decision 😁😁

So you're ordering from the EU and it's a hit or a miss if customs add the 20%? Or do you have a consistent method to pay the 5% that's what I meant really 😂

His post reads as he orders up and takes the hit either way. It all depends on the customs officer in question as to whether it acrues the 5% or 20%. It may be a good idea to start a new thread on the pros and cons of ordering from Europe so the deals thread stays on point? I get an itchy trigger finger when I get an alert thinking someone has found 5% dealers margin in the UK or something 🤣

If anyone bought the Pamp bars can they post in the 'Today I Received' section to say if they were in their assay cards and what their condition is (if you don't mind of course 👍🏻)? Judging from the premium these can go for this seems a good way to buy them if/when Chards has stock.

38 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

If anyone bought the Pamp bars can they post in the 'Today I Received' section to say if they were in their assay cards and what their condition is (if you don't mind of course 👍🏻)? Judging from the premium these can go for this seems a good way to buy them if/when Chards has stock.

They are a good buy, I bought some PAMP bars on here for 95 and 100 which were good deals, so this is a nice price.

Echos of last year? Bairdmint's own silver bars on their website working out at a reasonable per oz price after VAT is added. For example, the 500g cast bar is 311.72 + 62.34 = 374.06. Works out at £23.27 p/oz. Yes you will likely be waiting a while before it's delivered and yes you have to add delivery (same as most dealers) but that's a lot cheaper than some dealers are charging for Bairdmint's own product. Plus they're made up new. Last year a lot of us were buying from Baird's with VAT when the Euro option was still a thing, it seems they've gone to that level of pricing again.

43 minutes ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Can you take physical delivery of that coin? Seems to be a "special scheme" coin

Special scheme for VAT, i.e. they only charge VAT on the dealer's margin not on the silver itself. It's the cheapest way to get bullion silver from dealers currently.

58 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Special scheme for VAT, i.e. they only charge VAT on the dealer's margin not on the silver itself. It's the cheapest way to get bullion silver from dealers currently.

I don’t understand pricing can you explain what I’m missing?    Intrinsic value £581 + £60 premium =  £641.    If you add VAT at 20% would be £769.20.      But it’s priced at £815.

Just now, Cornishfarmer said:

I don’t understand pricing can you explain what I’m missing?    Intrinsic value £581 + £60 premium =  £641.    If you add VAT at 20% would be £769.20.      But it’s priced at £815.

That was also confusing

3 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Hello! The special scheme that some dealers operate means that VAT is only charged on the dealer's margin not rated against the value of the silver itself. Neither new silver or the value of secondary market stock is solely rated against the intrinsic value. So a new coin priced at say £27 would then have VAT charged based on that figure, not the ~£18 of the metal itself.

The dealer's margin or any premium isn't a set amount, it's whatever the seller sets it as based on what they paid for the stock against what they sell it for. What is the £60 premium figure with regards this coin? 

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/special-scheme-gold-and-silver/259

Edited by Liam84
Add link