• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

On 17/02/2021 at 20:31, HelpingHands said:

Just something else I've noticed about Atkinsons.

If you are buying silver Brits then the single tube of 25 is cheaper per coin than larger bundle options.

Also slightly cheaper than the monster box per coin.

atkin.jpg.d9af123e659617bc7fbfa584b425ad51.jpg

On 19/02/2021 at 11:16, HelpingHands said:

Is that a good price really?

Has anyone ordered silver from the EU to ship to the UK since January? 

The main appeal ordering from Belgium and Germany was the cheaper VAT.

If you were to place an order now is it certain that you would have to pay VAT on the value of the silver coins or is it a gamble? 

is it a requirement that EU sellers have to put a customs declaration on the Parcel they ship out? 

3 hours ago, ToxicBiscuit said:

Atkinsons has restocked on phills since last night, seems to be quite a few left https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/silver/pre-owned-silver-coins/pre-owned-austrian-philharmonic-1oz-silver-coin

£29.26 inc Zero Vat = 50% premium on top of spot. taking the P###  IMO

3 hours ago, Nortypeter said:

£29.26 inc Zero Vat = 50% premium on top of spot. taking the P###  IMO

Well I consider it a good deal as that price includes shipping, you go up to 10 and its £27.40 a pop didn't seem that bad to me, seems a fairly average price, but yeah It should be a bit lower

On 23/02/2021 at 11:51, SilverMaple said:

Has anyone ordered silver from the EU to ship to the UK since January? 

The main appeal ordering from Belgium and Germany was the cheaper VAT.

If you were to place an order now is it certain that you would have to pay VAT on the value of the silver coins or is it a gamble? 

is it a requirement that EU sellers have to put a customs declaration on the Parcel they ship out? 

- No

- You will either be charged full VAT by the dealer ( see the new regulations ) and you definitely will have to pay 20% VAT otherwise landing in the UK, PLUS a handling fee that could be around £10 depending on the method of shipping.

- Absolutely - YES and you incur VAT on the shipping charge as well.

5 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/lot/0569cc9dd00a99892b11888e129c567f/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/gold-silver-coins-tokens-banknotes-stamps-gold-j-lot-53/

I know it's a auction but it's not the kind of thing they usually sell, may be worth keeping a eye on for someone.

Screenshot_20210225-032945.png

Screenshot_20210225-032936.png

28% Buyer's premium.

I would like to get a tube of this year's kookaburras. The Perth mint is not churning out any coins at the moment apparently. 

Just seen 2016 kooks for ale for £57 at Bullion by post! But they're not in stock....

Edit: A normal price for the older kooks would be £25-30 I'm pretty sure.

Edited by Cointreau

17 minutes ago, Stokemeaclipper said:

I've just received a delivery of kookaburras from Germany worked out at £638 per 25 

Plus £15 postage 

Royal mail collected £32 import duty,works out @5% and£12 handling fee 

Total £697 or £27.88 per coin 

Thank you for sharing this information.
You were fortunate that Border Force charged you the collectibles VAT at 5% and not 20% otherwise your unit cost might have been £31.70

Edited by Pete
Removed discussion to keep thread on topic

You were fortunate that Border Force charged you the collectibles VAT at 5% and not 20% otherwise your unit cost might have been £31.70
Were you prepared to pay this higher price ?

Yes I was,

My sons pocket money is £50 a month,  out of this money he has to buy at least 1oz of silver, or he can have £30 cash a month.

To encourage him we agreed a spot price of £25 per coin, anything over £25 I pay , limited to £36 

Everytime I pay 5% vat instead of the 20%,    I convert the 15% saving into coins and put them away for my son.

As I haven't paid 20% on any of my orders so far, and coins are at a silly premium in the UK.  It's worked out ok so far.

The deal is,  In 17 years hes allowed to sell 50% of his silver if the spot price is above £38. 

On 08/03/2021 at 19:47, Connor said:

So you're consistently getting silver into the UK and avoiding 20% vat? What is the secret?😂

Many order from private dealers in canada but involves marking the parcel lower so for insurance purposes risk is on you.  Personally had 10 parcels delivered no problems worked out 23£ oz after post

11 hours ago, silvernewbie said:

Many order from private dealers in canada but involves marking the parcel lower so for insurance purposes risk is on you.  Personally had 10 parcels delivered no problems worked out 23£ oz after post

Who be there dealers thy speak of? 

21 minutes ago, Stokemeaclipper said:

Yes, I am consistently getting silver into the UK,  but I think it's a bit unfair to suggest I'm avoiding paying the vat,😁 

I expect customs to do there job and add the correct amount of vat 

But I see it like this.

25 x1,oz brittanias from chards  last week cost £598 or £23.92 per coin + 20% vat = £717 + £8 postage total   £725.60

25 x 1,oz brittanias from Europe last week cost £592.75 or £23.71 per coin,  if vat is added @20% = £711.30 + £11 postage  total £722.30

So I can buy my own currency from another country, and save £3.30.

The vat on the Chards purchase is 100% guaranteed so £725.60 all in.

The vat on the European purchase is not 100% guaranteed and in theory could cost as little as £622.28 if 5% vat is added.

A saving of £103.32 on the Chards purchase, or £4.12 per coin, which almost removes the sellers premiums

Let's say i buy 4 tubes, I either save £13 or £413.00, this equates to 17.4 oz of free silver compared to the UK price.

But like I said before the vat is there to be paid at whatever amount 20% or 5% it's just not my decision 😁😁

Summed that up nicely

24 minutes ago, Stokemeaclipper said:

25 x 1,oz brittanias from Europe last week cost £592.75 or £23.71 per coin,  if vat is added @20% = £711.30 + £11 postage  total £722.30

Are you factoring in the shipping cost and the courier handling cost into this example of a maximum projected total?