• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

8 minutes ago, MickB said:

My 2002 shield half sovereign arrived today. I won the bidding on eBay for this at £125. Part of me wants to take it out of the envelope and put it in a capsule but I suppose in the long run it would be worth more left as it is.

image.jpeg

I would leave it in omp myself 

20 minutes ago, MickB said:

I should leave it as it is @Goldmick although it is tempting to remove it. I 've had a couple of other fdc's with coins. They seem to be cheaper at times, possibly overlooked by most coin collectors.

I LIKE the 2002 and the 2005 nice sovereign.s to have which sovereign.s do you have m8 I myself love them all lol

1 minute ago, Goldmick said:

I LIKE the 2002 and the 2005 nice sovereign.s to have which sovereign.s do you have m8 I myself love them all lol

I did have a 2012 quarter proof sovereign but I bartered it for a repair on my car at my mate's garage the other year. He was over the moon with it but it wasn't my favourite design. My favourite is my 2017 proof.

11 minutes ago, MickB said:

I did have a 2012 quarter proof sovereign but I bartered it for a repair on my car at my mate's garage the other year. He was over the moon with it but it wasn't my favourite design. My favourite is my 2017 proof.

I’m still undecided which 2017 to get. The SOTD or normal proof. Even then I struggle to mentally to go to such premiums over bullion. So probably will end up with just the bullion 2017!

2 minutes ago, Elements said:

I’m still undecided which 2017 to get. The SOTD or normal proof. Even then I struggle to mentally to go to such premiums over bullion. So probably will end up with just the bullion 2017!

The bullion is a very nice coin I have 3 of them but see numistacker you tube vid the sotd is gunna be the one and I can see why it's my favourite by far it's a stunning coin 2017 was a mad year for the sovereign if you haven't got a bullion 2017 you should get at least one 

3 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

Yer the was a lot of nice sovereign.s out in 2017  i have most of them. do love the sovereign of the day can see why lots of people like them so much. It's my favourite coin now by far good luck with your sovereign.s m8

Yeah, tbh I like the search for nothing in particular, just buy whatever is a good deal at the time.

Just seen this on eBay. Wow just....W.O.W.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1824-FULL-SOVEREIGN/222897035734?hash=item33e5b2d9d6:g:MOkAAOSw8K5atpBG

4 minutes ago, Elements said:

Yeah, tbh I like the search for nothing in particular, just buy whatever is a good deal at the time.

Just seen this on eBay. Wow just....W.O.W.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1824-FULL-SOVEREIGN/222897035734?hash=item33e5b2d9d6:g:MOkAAOSw8K5atpBG

Yes very nice but you could buy a fair few nice sovereign.s for that lol 

3 minutes ago, augur said:

Many great things: 1kg Metalor bars and a 10oz JM bar in gem mint condition from @arshimo2012.

Then @Numistacker sent me my coins from NCS (pre Heritage grading submission). The Prussian Jubilee Marks came with great grades but my favourite today is this little 1/4 oz Britannia, which is one of only four in this grade PF70 UC

IMG_7241.PNG

Where's the JM bar? :P