• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Who here would boycott The Royal Mint?

Who here would like to see a boycott of the royal mint? 

With so many of the royal mints product of such a low quality is it not time to show the rm that this level or standard of goods is just not worth spending large sums of loot on their junk?

1 hour ago, StackemHigh said:

With so many of the royal mints product of such a low quality is it not time to show the rm that this level or standard of goods is just not worth spending large sums of loot on their junk?

Well its the choice of the individual ... no one has to buy any of their products... its like any media source... many people don't post good stuff happening only bad 🙂

2 hours ago, StackemHigh said:

I don't think that this would actually work. 

Push back on them when they get it wrong, congratulate them when the get it right, that does way more in my opinion. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

not me, never had an issue.... i'd like them to lower their prices but wouldn't we all, boycotting the Royal Mint would have the same effect as me lying on an entrance to a farmers field glued to the cattle grid... just because i don't like cabbage leaves with holes in them 😂

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

3 hours ago, StackemHigh said:

I've been boycotting them the last 10 years, and they haven't noticed yet! 😎

Chards

Would have the same noticeable effect to climate change if all the UK population were to stop consuming petrol, diesel and halt generating electricity from gas.

• 2 weeks later...

I like some of the products that the RM produces but I really don't like their online buying process and the quality of the product and/or service that I have received from them when buying directly can charitably be described as 'variable'.

Consequently, I buy directly from the RM either if they are the only dealer/maker who can currently supply the product that I want, or if they are significantly cheaper than all other UK dealers for that product.

So my advice to the RM would be: listen to the feedback that you receive, keep making interesting and nicely-designed coins and bars, try your hardest to maintain excellent quality standards, try to improve the timeliness of your customer service, and above all - overhaul your ridiculously hateful website buying process so that you don't have to pre-load your account with money before you can actually buy anything. 

I just want to log in to my account, add items to my basket, proceed to checkout and then pay by debit or credit card.  Exactly as I can do with Atkinsons and BBP.  Thank you.

I wouldn't boycott the RM or any mint...as I do like the diversity of different mints,products and designs...but my experience of buying from different mints is.....everytime I purchase from the RM...Sooner or later my purchases from the RM develope milkspots☹☹☹ I have and continue to buy from the Perth mint and have not had any problems whatsoever..no spotting,scratches,dents...packaging has been perfect....maybe others have had different  experiences...I like to buy silver coins ....and I always worry what state the coins from RM are going to turn up like....as I said I would not boycott RM BUT!!!!! I don't tend to buy from them now as the quality is inferior to other mints...if I purchase a bullion coin or proof I expect top quality and this doesn't happen with the RM..so I choose other mints who have superior coins in design and quality rather than the RM...as I think they are a just a profit government backed institution and they really do not care about their products or customers....

On 14/10/2021 at 14:32, Rll1288 said:

Well its the choice of the individual ... no one has to buy any of their products... its like any media source... many people don't post good stuff happening only bad 🙂

What good stuff has the RM produced that doest have problems ????

Many people will have received a product from the RM that doesn't have a problem with it.
Equally, many other people will have received an inferior product from the RM.

So it's completely down to personal experience, luck of the draw, whatever.  And if you buy gold from them rather than silver, it shouldn't develop milk spots 😁

25 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Many people will have received a product from the RM that doesn't have a problem with it.
Equally, many other people will have received an inferior product from the RM.

So it's completely down to personal experience, luck of the draw, whatever.  And if you buy gold from them rather than silver, it shouldn't develop milk spots 😁

That's true regarding Gold....but we as buyers of proof silver or bullion coins should not expect or receive inferior coins that are spotted or have scratches etc..we pay over the intrinsic value for these items....yes they have low mintages and special designs...but!!!! Every coin should be what they advertise..proof especially..the best of the best but that's not we receive..until the RM get their act together..produce these coins that don't spot..are not sent out with problems then I'm not buying inferior coins for unjustified high premiums....is that too much to ask or expect from the ROYAL MINT?????.

56 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I wouldn't boycott the RM or any mint...as I do like the diversity of different mints,products and designs...but my experience of buying from different mints is.....everytime I purchase from the RM...Sooner or later my purchases from the RM develope milkspots☹☹☹ I have and continue to buy from the Perth mint and have not had any problems whatsoever..no spotting,scratches,dents...packaging has been perfect....maybe others have had different  experiences...I like to buy silver coins ....and I always worry what state the coins from RM are going to turn up like....as I said I would not boycott RM BUT!!!!! I don't tend to buy from them now as the quality is inferior to other mints...if I purchase a bullion coin or proof I expect top quality and this doesn't happen with the RM..so I choose other mints who have superior coins in design and quality rather than the RM...as I think they are a just a profit government backed institution and they really do not care about their products or customers....

What good stuff has the RM produced that doest have problems ????

I have bought many items from them and have had a few items that I believed not to standard, but the majority has been good and certainly my grading experience of their items has proven to be the same. Yes, I like many believe it could be better and feedback to them is paramount. 

2 hours ago, Stuntman said:

I like some of the products that the RM produces but I really don't like their online buying process and the quality of the product and/or service that I have received from them when buying directly can charitably be described as 'variable'.

Consequently, I buy directly from the RM either if they are the only dealer/maker who can currently supply the product that I want, or if they are significantly cheaper than all other UK dealers for that product.

So my advice to the RM would be: listen to the feedback that you receive, keep making interesting and nicely-designed coins and bars, try your hardest to maintain excellent quality standards, try to improve the timeliness of your customer service, and above all - overhaul your ridiculously hateful website buying process so that you don't have to pre-load your account with money before you can actually buy anything. 

I just want to log in to my account, add items to my basket, proceed to checkout and then pay by debit or credit card.  Exactly as I can do with Atkinsons and BBP.  Thank you.

I fully agree with what you’ve said having purchased a number of items recently - especially your advice in paragraph 3 and 4 - seems very antiquated way of doing business..

Pre-loading your account to purchase creates an irritation factor that often stops me buying stuff. I can only assume that there is a financial gain for the RM in doing this - i've often forgotten to transfer the balance back to my bank... It is also guaranteed to stop some impulse purchases.  

The quality issue is another matter. In my opinion expectations are just too high for RM stuff - this seems to coincide with the prevailance of grading services. A coin graded 68 could, potentially, have no eye-visible defects yet be considered 2nd rate once graded.

I wouldn't boycott RM but i will look elsewhere first..