• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

The prices of the silver ones could be good after,As alot of people with less funds may only want a 2oz silver.

but may have bought a 2022 half/full sov afew weeks back,thus not having any funds to buy this now.

And being closer to xmas etc etc

adding more buyers trying to pick it up at a later date.🧐

7 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Thanks!  That means the remaining 575 of the rumoured 700 mintage are grained edge - so perhaps a better chance of getting one of these, if at all.

The gold 2oz grained edge mintage would be 350, I believe.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

5 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

The gold 2oz grained edge mintage would be 350, I believe.

Surely they aren't going to mint more than 350 of the 2oz Gold 😱

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Just now, Piperscoins said:

This makes me sad bescause they could easily doublr mintage without effecting pricing

without effecting rrp price? 😂

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

1 minute ago, Piperscoins said:

😁 Well i am a collector of these coins.  So if they put mintage up to 5000 it would be ok by me. 

That is a very fair comment but you would certainly be better off waiting a couple of years before adding to your collection.👍

Is this the scenario? 125 smooth edge, 225 milled edge = 350

Until the 125 mintage of a smooth edge 2oz Gold was confirmed by @AndrewSL76 I assumed the entire mintage would be "either smooth or milled"

If true makes sense, but would take the edge off the milled version IMO... excuse the pun.

Edited by ArgentSmith

1 minute ago, ExpatBrian said:

The mintage for the 2oz gold plain edge is 125. However, there is zero chance of purchasing it on Monday. It has already been allocated to those in Mint Marque who have platinum plus status. There is none made available to the general public.

Surely, I’m Platinum this year 😂 Have people been contacted and offered one already do you know or do they call Platinum members on release day?

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

26 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Is this the scenario? 125 smooth edge, 225 milled edge = 350

Until the 125 mintage of a smooth edge 2oz Gold was confirmed by @AndrewSL76 I assumed the entire mintage would be "either smooth or milled"

If true makes sense, but would take the edge off the milled version IMO... excuse the pun.

I think I am getting lost. Someone put me right please !

Isn't it 125 smooth edge and 350 grained edge = 475 for 2oz gold ?

That would be vs 335 maximum coin mintage for the three graces.

That's a pretty steep increase.

6 minutes ago, ExpatBrian said:

The mintage for the 2oz gold plain edge is 125. However, there is zero chance of purchasing it on Monday. It has already been allocated to those in Mint Marque who have platinum plus status. There is none made available to the general public.

This will probably result in these 'plain edge' ones going into the big spender/collectors hands, who are most likely to be HODL'ing them, rather than flipping

With this 'tiny' mintage 125,  for the sake of simple maths, if x100 of these are in very strong HODL'ing hands, never to be seen, that's only x25 spare are not many to share around the world to Far East etc plenty of big money coin collectors in Far East & middle east who wont be Mint Marque clients just purely on geography. Andreas at Coin Cabinet told me personally around 80% of their big ticket sales £10k+ would go to the far east

It has possibly going to be a rare site, to see come onto the market.  With Una & Lion being 225 mintage, in strong hands.  Ive a strong feeling this 'plain edge' may be the same, when you noticed the significant different between the plain edge original and normal gothic crowns, it is many multiples higher price.  I wonder if this will happen as well with this new release Monday ? 

The 2oz gold Queen's Beast completer was released this way, under cover to Gold Mint Marque members and above, and not possible for general public to purchase

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I think I am getting lost. Someone put me right please !

Isn't it 125 smooth edge and 350 grained edge = 475 for 2oz gold ?

That would be vs 335 maximum coin mintage for the three graces.

That's a pretty steep increase.

Yes, that's how I'm reading this as well. The plain rim one will quite certainly be the more desirable one on the aftermarket. 🤷‍♂️

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

26 minutes ago, ExpatBrian said:

They have all been allocated so the members will likely already know what they are getting. 

I had a nice lady from the Mint ring me just after I queued for the tudor beasts and I was having trouble paying (completel coincidence).

I am hoping for a call during the carnage on Monday but deep down I 100% know that's not happening!

11 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I had a nice lady from the Mint ring me just after I queued for the tudor beasts and I was having trouble paying (completel coincidence).

I am hoping for a call during the carnage on Monday but deep down I 100% know that's not happening!

Are you still in the queue for the Tudor beasts?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

42 minutes ago, ExpatBrian said:

They have all been allocated so the members will likely already know what they are getting. 

This does get on my shizzel, I have banged easy 70-80k though my account this year and still don’t get any favours.

I might take my business to the Alderney Island mint😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

This does get on my shizzel, I have banged easy 70-80k though my account this year and still don’t get any favours.

That's some going sir!

55 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Yes, that's how I'm reading this as well. The plain rim one will quite certainly be the more desirable one on the aftermarket. 🤷‍♂️

Here's me trying to super glue two sovereigns together to make a double 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

15 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

It was platinum plus members only. So even with your whack of spending, still not enough!