• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 hour ago, marston59 said:

I'm still waiting for my 5oz and 1kg coins, Royal Mint so slow on this issue.

Anybody in the same position?

Yep me.... still waiting on 5oz silver and 2oz gold.... been told the former should be sent on 20th but not holding my breath

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

Assuming the delay is as they haven't minted them, what's annoying me is, they seem to be refusing  to remint any problematic coins. You would imagine, if they are still minting them, it wouldn't be too much effort to chuck a few more in

54 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Yep me.... still waiting on 5oz silver and 2oz gold.... been told the former should be sent on 20th but not holding my breath

Waiting for a 10oz and 1kg and I’ve heard nothing, they have launched too many coins too close, I know people still waiting for their 2022 sovereigns.  

Problem is no one knows anything then deliveries just turn up without notice, normally when I’m not at home. 

Seems like their customer service too is super busy because I messaged them last week but no reply yet. 

57 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

You’re lucky you got a reply at all. 🙂

20 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

I am still waiting for a 5oz silver to be delivered. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Sorry to hear this. I received one last week and have sent it off for grading. Today was the cut off for the ‘first releases’ designation so if you were wanting to grade with that label, the Mints delay would have prevented you submitting in time. Hopefully it will come this week?

Haven’t got a problem losing the capsules but whats the best way to send these for grading ?

as theses won’t squeeze into the 2.1/2 saflips recommend 

I don’t want to give the grader the hump trying to unscrew these impossible things 

14 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Haven’t got a problem losing the capsules but whats the best way to send these for grading ?

as theses won’t squeeze into the 2.1/2 saflips recommend 

I don’t want to give the grader the hump trying to unscrew these impossible things 

On this size i leave mine in the capsule and push it into the 2.5 flip and label the flip. Ive always got the capsules back as long as you tick the box, but they don’t necessarily come back at the same time

edit: sorry if you mean a 5oz or 10oz, i tape the capsule shut so it doesn't open then label capsule

Edited by SilverMike

21 minutes ago, James32 said:

It's getting to the price I may drill holes in mine and use as Christmas decorations 😅 

Just send it me as a xmas present or infact post it over in May when my birthday is 😁

In return I will upgrqde your membership to platinium for 1 whole month so you dont run out of reactions!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

Just send it me as a xmas present or infact post it over in May when my birthday is 😁

By May I may have to ask you to cover postage 🙈

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Race to the bottom sadly 

:(

the hard wired ' potential' of these is guaged by the ' lack ' of availability in the secondary market. Absolute abundance doesn't do that.

sadly as each and every new issue comes out it is not the market that was 'nicely lucrative ' whilst it lasted .

The fun of trying to secure an edge / earn a drink/profit

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Race to the bottom sadly 

:(

the hard wired ' potential' of these is guaged by the ' lack ' of availability in the secondary market. Absolute abundance doesn't do that.

sadly as each and every new issue comes out it is not the market that was 'nicely lucrative ' whilst it lasted .

The fun of trying to secure an edge / earn a drink/profit

Spot on analysis 👌 

We should all put money into a pot and buy up all the secondary stock?? Corner the market and only release one every 40 years.

Might be slightly flawed logic on my part but I'm up for it😅

17 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

In return I will upgrqde your membership to platinium for 1 whole month so you dont run out of reactions!

🤣🤣 if I ever win the lotto my first port of call is .........upgrade on here then cancel it the next month because I'm harcore.

I bought the first two in the series from the Mint , but missed out on the Gothic so bought one on the secondary market for £600 + , so glad the Queens head had black pitting on it so I got a refund , it was worth nothing to me as a collector . I also think the people with first dibs on the second issue will try to hold the unlucky ones to ransome and for that reason I will not be in the market for any more coins in this series .

1 minute ago, Silvergun said:

I bought the first two in the series from the Mint , but missed out on the Gothic so bought one on the secondary market for £600 + , so glad the Queens head had black pitting on it so I got a refund , it was worth nothing to me as a collector . I also think the people with first dibs on the second issue will try to hold the unlucky ones to ransome and for that reason I will not be in the market for any more coins in this series .

Friend wants to know....hypothetically how can one artificially inflict black pitting on said coin?

Be good to have plan B ready like.