• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

silver shortage really....

craig12

i hear a lot of the silver shortage and bullion dealers having no stock , but checking bullion by post , im begining to wonder , theyve loads of stock ,ok certain items there waiting for but lots of  in stock stuff flagged  coins , bars , ok i do buy the argument that stackers can strike a better price than bbp , but if theyre all out then bbp would be flagged up no stock ..i begin to wonder if the silver shortage thing is true , how can bullion by post be allowed to have all this stock?

Edited by craig12

I bet they don't have that stock - they just lie to look good and attract people to their sites...  then when people order, they come up with excuses for not delivering.  trust rating for that company is 0 or negative from 0. 

i am sure there were recent times when dealers did not have any or much stock. i see on Atkinson's website they have a banner notice that customers should expect a 2 - 4 day delay in orders being sent out. 

What is important is that there is raised investment demand. Now at the moment i wouldn't want there to be some meteoric rise in metal prices which in any case will not happen until and unless the West is drained of gold. This will eventually happen - it is only a matter of time. That for example the COMEX has become a delivery market is drawing down the COMEX bar inventory. It will eventually crack, there will be defaults, industrial users will panic and then the house of cards will collapse. So what is important is upping the investment demand to tighten the industrial supply. If the likes of Apple panicked and decided they wanted a sizable inventory they could blow up the silver market next week. The silver squeeze is not a one day or one week or even one year thing - it is consistently taking silver out of the hands and reach of the bullion banks. The big industrial users will blow it up - once one wants its own stockpile they all will.

So if you decide you want more gold and silver whether or not there is a significant shortage (which you will not know about until it is too late) then you should not let up - you keep stacking what you can afford. If you decide you have enough, then there is likely something else you need to hoard like food or some such. Prices are rising in the shops and you can beat inflation that way.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, dangelo said:

I bet they don't have that stock - they just lie to look good and attract people to their sites...  then when people order, they come up with excuses for not delivering.  trust rating for that company is 0 or negative from 0. 

What do you base this on? I've had nothing but great experiences with them myself. 

78av.gif

13 hours ago, dangelo said:

although 98% of the time they are dearest dealer to buy from, the few times i have used them have been flawless, great service and product in stock  

New Metalor Kilo Silver Bars

We recently bought a quantity of "new" Metalor kilo silver bars from a well-known European dealer, instead of direct from Metalor, and these are some examples of what we received:

metalor1kilosilverbarimagestoshowdamageduringtransit11.thumb.jpg.8d582566b8212edda588ed61a75e9ca4.jpg

metalor1kilosilverbarimagestoshowdamageduringtransit1.thumb.jpg.788a9a2b419d821685e838d9b7fb962b.jpg

As you may imagine, we are currently in discussion with them.

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

Antique silver is everywhere. The metal is not rare at all.

Certain modern products may have supply and distribution issues on occasions, but if you're not fussed on the form of the silver there's millions of spoons, cream jugs, Vesta cases, snuff boxes and cigarette cases out there all looking for homes.

On 14/08/2021 at 22:08, dangelo said:

I have always found their service to be excellent and that they have stock if they say they do.

Indeed, when I've tried to order X coins before the website flags up their stock level if they have less than X in stock.

On 17/08/2021 at 15:51, LawrenceChard said:

We recently bought a quantity of "new" Metalor kilo silver bars from a well-known European dealer, instead of direct from Metalor, and these are some examples of what we received:

metalor1kilosilverbarimagestoshowdamageduringtransit11.thumb.jpg.8d582566b8212edda588ed61a75e9ca4.jpg

metalor1kilosilverbarimagestoshowdamageduringtransit1.thumb.jpg.788a9a2b419d821685e838d9b7fb962b.jpg

Crikey! Looks like those silver bars walked up to Mike Tyson and insulted his mum!

On 17/08/2021 at 15:51, LawrenceChard said:

Here is a comparison shot showing the normal quality and one from the recent batch:

metalor1kilogramsilverbarcomparisonofnormalbarwithdamagedone1400.thumb.jpg.ec6160714ac7a78b88566d37cdd435e0.jpg

Sure, silver is silver is silver, but I know which I would choose.

Chards

On 15/08/2021 at 11:57, Paul said:

although 98% of the time they are dearest dealer to buy from, the few times i have used them have been flawless, great service and product in stock  

I agree. As most people who have been on the forum for a while, I have bought from most big UK dealers and from all of them I'd particularly recommend @LawrenceChard and @BairdMint and only not recommend one which is Hatton Metal Gardens because they sent me the wrong Sovereign and even the wrong confirmation and didn't react to my emails, even though admittedly they were very harsh. No issues with Bullion by Post. Of course the prices don't tend to be best ones, but it's still within reason compared to some small local dealers I bought from.

On 15/08/2021 at 13:46, LawrenceChard said:

We could offer tours of our secure storage facilites, at least the ones in Blackpool, but we would want to charge for them (why not?), and for security reasons, we might just have to kill people before we let them out! 😎

That is unless we kill you first and run off with your stock! Anyone interested, please send me a PM! 😀

56 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

I agree. As most people who have been on the forum for a while, I have bought from most big UK dealers and from all of them I'd particularly recommend @LawrenceChard and @BairdMint and only not recommend one which is Hatton Metal Gardens because they sent me the wrong Sovereign and even the wrong confirmation and didn't react to my emails, even though admittedly they were very harsh. No issues with Bullion by Post. Of course the prices don't tend to be best ones, but it's still within reason compared to some small local dealers I bought from.

That is unless we kill you first and run off with your stock! Anyone interested, please send me a PM! 😀

PM'd

2 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

1 hour ago, Bars said:

PM'd

Visitor tickets for the Chards Bunker and Strongrooms Tour will shortly be available. 

Reservations should be accompanied by a non-refundable deposit of £100.

All money received will go towards the Lawrence Chard memorial fund.

🙂

* When @silenceissilver said send him a PM, he did not mean a Private Message, he meant a Perth Mint gold bar, preferably one kilo!

Chards

9 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Visitor tickets for the Chards Bunker and Strongrooms Tour will shortly be available. 

Reservations should be accompanied by a non-refundable deposit of £100.

Only if complimentary rides on the big dipper included, followed by bingo and with pie n chips,followed by of some man who thinks he can sing only to find out that he is possibly the worst club singer in the world. These are my fond memories of going t'up north.

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

On 20/08/2021 at 12:13, SidS said:

Antique silver is everywhere. The metal is not rare at all.

Certain modern products may have supply and distribution issues on occasions, but if you're not fussed on the form of the silver there's millions of spoons, cream jugs, Vesta cases, snuff boxes and cigarette cases out there all looking for homes.

Wish I knew where all the goodies were I really struggle to find Sterling at spot.

On 17/08/2021 at 20:19, TommyTwoShots said:

Lol ‘silver squeeze’ was a roaring success then...

Hmmmm, PSLV has been sitting at 150,928,244oz, since July 16, not one ounce added, given all the Silversqueeze Apes supposedly buying the dip.

So maybe there are no 400oz bars to be had at current prices or there has been no buying of PSLV.

Edited by Uksilverstackers

1 hour ago, flim said:

how to tell if the 400oz bar comes unsalted ?

If a 400 oz bar is salted then its condition is preserved so does not milk spot nor tarnish.

But an unsalted bar that's not preserved will milk spot and tarnish over time !! 👍😄