• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts

3 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

How is the 11th coin going to fit a box that only holds 10 😅 

Just a bit of dodgy DIY get a saw out in ya lovely wooden box - bobs ya uncle fannys ya aunt - Job jobbed.

Unless you are a DIY mogoliod like me and just buy box with 11 holes instead of 10!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I like the design, but I personally don't think you need it to complete your queen's beasts set - the completer coin for me was the last proof coin, the Griffin.  

If you've got all 10, you've got the complete set, in my view.

I agree, I have both Ag & Au in nice display boxes from Alun.

I really wanted the 5oz or 10oz silver proof. I think the design is too small on the 1oz.

3 hours ago, VelociteeSteel said:

The 2oz Silver had a quantity of only 100 on the RM listing, none available when i got on, so had to order the 5oz instead. Hope it actually turns up!!!!!.....

According to LPM, the 2oz is with mintage of 750, instead of 100, which is reasonable when you have 5oz with mintage of 300.  Maybe RM site is bit outdated. 

23 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Just a bit of dodgy DIY get a saw out in ya lovely wooden box - bobs ya uncle fannys ya aunt - Job jobbed.

Unless you are a DIY mogoliod like me and just buy box with 11 holes instead of 10!

Would like to have a box that can accommodate 11 coins....But 1 tricky issue, whether the 11th hole is at 5oz/2oz/1oz size 😅😅

12 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

I’ve added some money to my royal mint account to buy the bullion version be the money hasnt appeared in there yet. Seems long winded way to buy something 

Bank transfers might take a couple of days to show as available funds.

If you want to use the RM site for immediate payment either load up your account beforehand with a balance (which can be withdrawn if you don't purchase) or use a debit card.

Edited by VelociteeSteel

7 minutes ago, Bruce06 said:

According to LPM, the 2oz is with mintage of 750, instead of 100, which is reasonable when you have 5oz with mintage of 300.  Maybe RM site is bit outdated. 

I wonder if the reason RM hasn't put the silver 2oz for sale yet, is that they are going to get them graded.

7 minutes ago, Bruce06 said:

Would like to have a box that can accommodate 11 coins....But 1 tricky issue, whether the 11th hole is at 5oz/2oz/1oz size 😅😅

Or just get a bit of old plastic drain piping as a tube to fit said size. I have a solution to your every need! 😁

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

12 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I wonder if the reason RM hasn't put the silver 2oz for sale yet, is that they are going to get them graded.

No idea, and may know soon at Sovereign Rarities site.   However, 2oz is with similar diameter to the 1oz, it is still too crowded for 10 beasts.  So, I will either stick with 1oz or upgrade to 5oz if possible.

Edited by Bruce06

Is it Legal for a company to stress collectors out like this , with the low mintage figures plus the OCD stress of adding the 11th coin to the series. 

Eleven is a bad number if you suffer from OCD , ten coins look nice and tidy lined up. Add the 11th and your head just spins 😂😂🤕

I feel the need to be be slightly critical about this coin. I can almost hear the conversations in the Royal Mint Marketing Department when they were discussing their next money-making scheme. The phrase 'give 'em what they've already got' springs to mind when they were discussing the design. Don't get me wrong, as a stand alone coin it's very nice, especially in the larger sizes, 5/10 oz. It seems to me the coin is gimmicky when compared to the other coins in the Queen's Beast series.

What does everyone else think?

Edited by katmonkey

I think it's a good opportunity for those who appreciate the series but they arrived too late to the party, or collecting the whole series from beginning seemed too expensive. 

You can have this one without having the others, you can have all 11, or you can only stick to the original 10.

Choice is yours.

1 minute ago, katmonkey said:

I feel the need to be be slightly critical about this coin. I can almost hear the conversations in the Royal Mail Marketing Department when they were discussing their next money-making scheme. The phrase 'give 'em what they've already got' springs to mind when they were discussing the design. Don't get me wrong, as a stand alone coin it's very nice, especially in the larger sizes, 5/10 oz. It seems to me the coin is gimmicky when compared to the other coins in the Queen's Beast series.

What does everyone else think?

Looking at the design the Yale , Falcon and Bull have been placed at the bottom , these were the least favorite in the series by collectors . The Falcon looks a bit odd hanging downwards and also looks very flat in design.

25 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Im 100% with you, I think its fabulous. One of the best new coin designs in recent years in my opinion. but time will tell.

I think this is unfair and not the case at all, but each to their own. The mint are in the business of making money by selling premium metal, so I'd sooner they produced coins of this standard once a quarter and cut back on a lot of junk they push out on a weekly basis. But again, thats my opinion and there must be a market for what I regard junk as they keep doing it. so fair play. 

While I'm on... maybe a little bit of inspiration from, imo, one of the most beautiful coins in the world perhaps...

2018-mexico-1-oz-reverse-proof-gold-libertad-2_1200x1200.png

IMG_4794.jpeg

I fully agree I have 2 silver 1oz on the way wish I could have gone bigger but these sort of finish my kids sets off

Is there a bunc 2oz or is it proof 

Got my order through for the bullion 1oz gold. Shame i wasnt quick enough for the proof. Got the proof in silver though - ordered this before I realised there was a bullion version in gold. 

As mentioned above since the una i have a new found admiration for some of these proofs the mint are making, just a shame they are so hard to get direct. Would be pretty disappointed if i was collecting the proofs, good job I’m not!

2 hours ago, NewCoins said:

I wonder if the reason RM hasn't put the silver 2oz for sale yet

It is said on LPM site that 2oz  silver is "LPM exclusive". Hence it could happen it will not be sold by RM at all.

3 minutes ago, ak74 said:

It is said on LPM site that 2oz  silver is "LPM exclusive". Hence it could happen it will not be sold by RM at all.

Unless they have made a mistake they seem to imply they will be selling it.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-completer-coin/2021-uk-two-ounce-silver-proof-coin/