• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts

My money is still on the Royal Albert Hall domed coins (gold and silver).

The web page says "Coming soon" and states: 

• The first UK coin to feature a convex surface, elevating the intricate details of the design

So this would classify as a first (when it is released, but whether it is tomorrow, I do not know).

People can register their interests (but I am not sure this really helps!):

Silver, mintage of 3,500: https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/royal-albert-hall/the-150th-anniversary-of-the-royal-albert-hall-2021-uk-5-pound-silver-proof-domed-coin/

Gold, mintage of 200: https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/royal-albert-hall/the-150th-anniversary-of-the-royal-albert-hall-2021-uk-5-pound-gold-proof-domed-coin/

10 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Just saw this... wonder if it’s the gold and rose gold sixpence coins.

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3749227

The question i am asking myself, is that a cleverly taken shot of a die, which is convex and would make a coin like this ...

My money is on yes. And it's the RAH domed coin.

Screenshot_20210428-204742_Google.jpg

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

I don't know.

The normal versions were 90 and 2590.

I would guess they will charge more for the domed version. Who knows. Maybe we will find out tomorrow 

Yes, thanks anyway

• westminstrel changed the title to Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts
1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

The coin looks terrific but I don’t see the the teaser message of it being the first in the RM’s 1,100 year history has anything to do with it. 

I agree.

Also, any word on sizes? Didn't get into the beasts set but this does look like a nice design. Just wish we had some more info before I stayed up late waiting for release.

Here’s the design, courtesy of Royal Mint website.

I do like this.... but.

My only criticism is I think all 10 queens beasts should have kept their claws, paws, tallons and hooves off the centre of the coin. Especially off the year 2021. 😬

Maybe it’s bringing back memories of being told “Keep your elbows off the table”. 😂

9am today will be very interesting.

CC9759A9-CD71-4EBE-93C9-653EFF6B9E78.jpeg

Edited by Foster88