• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts

7 minutes ago, ak74 said:

I am 100% certain I saw the 2oz silver on the mints website earlier with a "Register Interest" button. I am sure it was limited to 100. It's not there now, but I imagine at some point...

2 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I am 100% certain I saw the 2oz silver on the mints website earlier with a "Register Interest" button. I am sure it was limited to 100. It's not there now, but I imagine at some point...

You are correct, and it does say 100.  This is the link I have, if it is still working:

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-completer-coin/2021-uk-two-ounce-silver-proof-coin/

4 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

2 oz back available on LPM add tax and charges probably best to wait for bullion. Will be interesting if actually 750 or 100 mintage

It looks like they also have several other sizes not available through the Royal Mint such as a 10oz gold. 

12 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

You are correct, and it does say 100.  This is the link I have, if it is still working:

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-completer-coin/2021-uk-two-ounce-silver-proof-coin/

The 2oz Silver had a quantity of only 100 on the RM listing, none available when i got on, so had to order the 5oz instead. Hope it actually turns up!!!!!.....

2 minutes ago, ak74 said:

And why on this Completer coin after Lion of England there is the Dragon and only then the Griffin, i.e. not vice versa as they were issued? :))

They are in the order the proofs were released. The bullion followed a different schedule.  

28 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I can see the price of the original beasts increasing now as more collectors join in to get back issues 👍

It's a very clever approach, wide media attention on the fenale coin (a bow after the "main performance") which gets the wider publics' attention on that coin, which, later down the line, creates an interest in the "main performance", the 10 original individual queen's beasts.

None of the original queen's beasts were in the news when released, but now they're in collectors hands, they're advertised (market stimulation), albeit in relation to the largest coin released for the Queen's Beasts...

Very interesting.

I like the design, but I personally don't think you need it to complete your queen's beasts set - the completer coin for me was the last proof coin, the Griffin.  

If you've got all 10, you've got the complete set, in my view.

7 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

It's a very clever approach, wide media attention on the fenale coin (a bow after the "main performance") which gets the wider publics' attention on that coin, which, later down the line, creates an interest in the "main performance", the 10 original individual queen's beasts.

None of the original queen's beasts were in the news when released, but now they're in collectors hands, they're advertised (market stimulation), albeit in relation to the largest coin released for the Queen's Beasts...

Very interesting.

I like the design, but I personally don't think you need it to complete your queen's beasts set - the completer coin for me was the last proof coin, the Griffin.  

If you've got all 10, you've got the complete set, in my view.

I agree, you don't need it to complete the 10 coin set and this one sits comfortably on its own. As someone who has had a few of the 1oz and 1/4 oz proofs and bullion and sold them (and started regretting it in recent weeks and months), this coin satisfies my regret and makes me happy. Its a superb coin in its own right and may get more people interested in the wider series. well done to anyone who secured one.

As can be seen from the table below, the Beasts depicted in the 'Completer Coin' don't appear to follow any kind of order, it was likely a layout design choice- bet there were a few arguments making the layout decision!  

It's a lovely coin and as @SilverMike says, this coin will be a tremendous addition to a collection of those that persevered with the Beasts and also, a lovely stand-alone coin for anyone interested in the series or bottled it part way through- I bottled it!  

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 12.24.13.png

I hope it is even more popular, but if its not don't mind waiting for gold price to catch up in 20 years. 

I got the 1 once, But it says subject to availability I wonder how likely that is not to get it. Does anyone know if its possible not to get it ?

Same thing happened to me but the item for the 1oz gold disappeared from my basket then it was sold out but some how I was able to pay and got that email with the confirmation and if stock is available. Does it happen a lot that you end up not getting a coin after paying?  

1 hour ago, LolRasta said:

Same thing happened to me but the item for the 1oz gold disappeared from my basket then it was sold out but some how I was able to pay and got that email with the confirmation and if stock is available. Does it happen a lot that you end up not getting a coin after paying?  

I contacted RM after ordering, to ask what the chances were of cancellation. This may have been precautionary so it's difficult to read in to it, but I was told it depends on how many orders go through and cancellations are a realistic possibility.

I then contacted Chard's. I was told they know exactly how many they have and will remove the availability once they have sold their allocation, so you can trust you will receive one if you order from Chard's.

Just now, LolRasta said:

Yep seems the gold proof is back for sale and still available. I wonder for how much longer ? I cant wait to get mine, if its gone back on sale there hopefully not going to run out of stock for my order. 

And they have gone...