• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

15 hours ago, 5huggy said:

As a member of "GATA" - I , (in this instance ONLY SPEAK for MYSELF) 

I follow a great deal of info as to what the "PROSPECTS" are rather than "PRICES" to be  - - 

There are MANY MANY factors that will influence the "VALUE" of the precious metals Gold,Silver,Platinum,Palladium, Rhodium e al!

here's one for example  - - - ->>>

Chinese government newspaper suggests return to gold standard

By: Chris Powell, GATA

from here - - - >>>>http://news.goldseek.com/GATA/1566916585.php

Going back in to gold standart in current monetary/econimic system would explode it. Gold would have to cover all derivatives and all other cr*p so called "financial assets". I don't think it will happened any time soon. Will be at some point in future but after huge and painful collapse. 

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

With the current weakness of the pound looking at it this way is misleading.

Not really  -  London's stock market plunged more than 8% in the wake of the Brexit result in 2016, with the pound falling to its lowest level against the dollar since 1985 as markets reacted.
We were at 1.33 USD for every £ then, and at the moment around 1.24. So I would say there is definitely an exchange rate effect, but not as high as you would think. In fact, by Oct 2016 we had fallen to 1.22.

If you look at dollar terms - We are only a couple of dollars off which accounts for the FX difference.

image.png.3e3c6fd9da695976f7c1120571b232f9.png 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

I like the idea of a weak pound. As we are in a supposed bull market, silver will continue to rise for a few years, but eventually as we get the Brexit bounce sterling will recover, meaning we'll get a nice dip in the silver price, that we can utilise    

2 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

I like the idea of a weak pound. As we are in a supposed bull market, silver will continue to rise for a few years, but eventually as we get the Brexit bounce sterling will recover, meaning we'll get a nice dip in the silver price, that we can utilise    

Hopefully sterling will recover...a lot may depend on how the government handles the situation and if it takes advantage of opportunities. 

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

Hopefully sterling will recover...a lot may depend on how the government handles the situation and if it takes advantage of opportunities. 

I need it to recover by January. Going to OZ, so I need a decent exchange rate. As i'm going to Perth, I may try and pick up a few "local" bits of silver as well. :)  

3 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

It is what it is, to use a slightly annoying truism.

I am happy to discuss USD price on the USD thread, but I get paid in GBP. 

Silver is doing the biz in many currencies around the world.. a accurate thing to say would be that the USD price has been supressed by the strength of the dollar.

Edited by vand

9 hours ago, Notafront4adragon said:

Let him buy his own stack! 

I would like more profit please.

That’s not my idea, I have a terminal illness, I want something tangible to give to Carl my son.

My ex-wife and I gave him a house, he’d never be able to afford one otherwise.

All I want is to see the last 2ozT Queens Beast.

On 28/08/2019 at 13:42, TonyS said:

My small stack has gone up by £400 since Monday.

I want the price to fall as I want to buy more for my son.

My modest silver stack has gone up by over £4000 today.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 28/08/2019 at 09:44, vand said:

Current Price £15.02
5 Year High £15.78

3.8% away

£15.82. BOSH. 

This is the explosive "rip your face off" stage of the rally.

Further upside is possible, but I would advise short term caution at this stage. PMs have ticked all the  boxes they need to at this point for the healthy bull market case.

Edited by vand

2 minutes ago, sixgun said:

My modest silver stack has gone up by over £4000 today.

On 28/08/2019 at 13:42, TonyS said:

My small stack has gone up by £400 since Monday.

I want the price to fall as I want to buy more for my son.

Now we always say when it goes down in currency terms “think about it in Ozs, it hasnt changed’ then we think about it in fiat value when it goes up!

Funny creatures us stacker/collectors 

Just now, Bullionbilly said:

☝️ nice !

There have been times when i suffered this size of loss (on paper) but i kept faith, held my nerve and bought more for the stack. i genuinely believe the party has only just got started.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.