• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

20 hours ago, sixgun said:

Gore has multi million dollar beach front property - the Obomination has 7 figure beach front property, correction 8 figure beach front property - but claim the seas are rising and we will all be washed away. Fecking liars - scam artist - pure evil scum.

Right this minute female buying property near the ocean in florida, on the keys because they will flood constantly, properties that have lasted years but not the risen tide goes further inland when the tide is high or stormsorhurricaneshit, that is fact, they Re buying homes near me because the rains flood them, same thing, they never flooded before the last 5years,now they never stop...it's not a 4iver changing course, it's more rain, itshighertides, it's more severe storms regularly. this world will eventually become the rainforest of the dinosaur times an it's because we don't give enough of a terrible to fix it  cos it would cost money.

2 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Right this minute female buying property near the ocean in florida, on the keys because they will flood constantly, properties that have lasted years but not the risen tide goes further inland when the tide is high or stormsorhurricaneshit, that is fact, they Re buying homes near me because the rains flood them, same thing, they never flooded before the last 5years,now they never stop...it's not a 4iver changing course, it's more rain, itshighertides, it's more severe storms regularly. this world will eventually become the rainforest of the dinosaur times an it's because we don't give enough of a terrible to fix it  cos it would cost money.

And none of this is due to man made carbon dioxide.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

24 minutes ago, sixgun said:

And none of this is due to man made carbon dioxide.

We DeForest much of the planet,poured terrible into a sky that wasn't there before us at an alarming rate, measured the increases since we startdd, can see the effects over centuries just by measuring the rings in trees, from millenia from the sequin trees, we have **** ed up this planet, man made deserts, we have created terrible in the eea that was never there, filled it with things that take millenia to break down when what was there would have normally broke down in years, poisoned the coral reefs that we left after breaking them apart for trinkets, we have wiped out millions of breeds of animals, destroyed the natural course of rivers and decapped mountains, we have burned something over a couple of centuries that should have naturally been released over billions of years, we created our own ecological chain with tens of billions of cows and pigs and chickens that have changed the natural order of things, we fly jets that poison the sky from high altitude ...we know we have an effect cos the cfcs released in the 70s and 80s were stopped and the hole they created closed...actually closed...you build a fire in your house and close the doors and windows and see if what you did has an effect...of  ourselves it doesn, now multiply you by 7 billion and then try and keep a straight face when you talk of us not causing all this...the fishes in the see are driving themselves into the land and dying..what more evidence do you need?...athma is increasing dramatically...we are literally poinsoning,our own kids before they are even born.

1 minute ago, DarkChameleon said:

We DeForest much of the planet,poured terrible into a sky that wasn't there before us at an alarming rate, measured the increases since we startdd, can see the effects over centuries just by measuring the rings in trees, from millenia from the sequin trees, we have **** ed up this planet, man made deserts, we have created terrible in the eea that was never there, filled it with things that take millenia to break down when what was there would have normally broke down in years, poisoned the coral reefs that we left after breaking them apart for trinkets, we have wiped out millions of breeds of animals, destroyed the natural course of rivers and decapped mountains, we have burned something over a couple of centuries that should have naturally been released over billions of years, we created our own ecological chain with tens of billions of cows and pigs and chickens that have changed the natural order of things, we fly jets that poison the sky from high altitude ...we know we have an effect cos the cfcs released in the 70s and 80s were stopped and the hole they created closed...actually closed...you build a fire in your house and close the doors and windows and see if what you did has an effect...of  ourselves it doesn, now multiply you by 7 billion and then try and keep a straight face when you talk of us not causing all this...the fishes in the see are driving themselves into the land and dying..what more evidence do you need?...athma is increasing dramatically...we are literally poinsoning,our own kids before they are even born.

Yes - BUT environmentalism is not the same as 'Climate Change' - none of this is caused by man made carbon dioxide. The Sun drives the climate not exhaust fumes and cow farts.

There is 0.04% carbon dioxide in the atmosphere - 4% of that is due to the activities of people - carbon dioxide is not in any way a significant greenhouse gas, look to water vapour. Termites and volcanoes (many are in the oceans) causes far more carbon dioxide in any case but no-one is talking about that. It is a political agenda aimed at global depopulation and causing impoverishment -  it is anti-human.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Greenpeace founder Patrick Moore has said the following :

By the end of the Save the Whales campaign and all the others, the rest of the environmental movement and Greenpeace, my fellow directors, were basically treating humans as the enemies of the Earth. It had switched over the years from humans being part of nature and part of what we were fighting for to being the enemies of what we were fighting for. And I don’t see it that way because I am an ecologist, and I understand that we all evolved from life on this Earth together. We’re all part of the same ecosystem and the same planet, and we shouldn’t look at it as if we’re separate from nature. We should look at is as if we’re a part of nature, and of course we are.

As time went on, I watched as Greenpeace evolved, basically hijacked by the extreme left. We were pretty centrist when we started. We were basing our positions on science and logic, as I saw it, and I’ve been a scientist all my life; that’s my orientation — not to make up stories and not to exaggerate unnecessarily. And I found that Greenpeace was just going off into this sensationalism and misinformation, and using fear to get people to send them money — fear that the world was coming to an end, which we hear repeated over and over and over again now with this final declaration by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that we have 12 years left until the end of the world. The fact is that people have been saying that since the beginning of time, and it never has been and it never will be true but people get away with it.

And a bit on the silver price - up 72p - noice!

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

Yes - BUT environmentalism is not the same as 'Climate Change' - none of this is caused by man made carbon dioxide. The Sun drives the climate not exhaust fumes and cow farts.

There is 0.04% carbon dioxide in the atmosphere - 4% of that is due to the activities of people - carbon dioxide is not in any way a significant greenhouse gas, look to water vapour. Termites and volcanoes (many are in the oceans) causes far more carbon dioxide in any case but no-one is talking about that. It is a political agenda aimed at global depopulation and causing impoverishment -  it is anti-human.

I'm not expecting to change your mind but you're  showing you don't understand the science. Even if the human impact is the 4% you claim that's enough to tip a system. 0.04% sounds like a little bit, but that's still critical. The volcanoes and termites are part of the system. So are the humans, problem is the termites won't be able to tip the system the same way humans have done and continue to do so.

I'm not getting into such huge topics in a forum, it's a silly back and forth medium that can't deal with such wide ranging subjects, it's a wonder why people do - comical almost, as some have mentioned.

But I just wanted to add, in relation to this and other topics in the future - Low % can have large impacts.  I'm sure if you had 0.04% of your body contain arsenic, you'd agree.  Well, you wouldn't be able to, but you see the point.

Both sides have good points, both sides have facts and both sides are right and both sides are wrong.  Believe what you believe, investigate what interests you and accept that others believe something different to you and are just as right in their belief as you are.  I don't see the point of always pushing your agenda wherever possible (people get annoyed with Jehova's witnesses in England, yet a lot of people sell their strongly-held beliefs and views in exactly the same way ... hypocracy indeed).

But remember to buy eggs and to add to this - 0.04% can be huge or tiny, depending on the context.  I am now curious as to what would happen if we lost 0.04% of our eggs, instantly.  Global panic, of course!  Protect the eggs!

On topic - jolly good day for gold and silver, haven't seen much in the news to warrant the constant upwards growth.  May someone enlighten me?

Edited by Miganto

Brainwashed climate change activist Greta Thunberg and 15 other weaponised kids are to launch legal proceedings against 5 countries.

During a Monday appearance at the United Nations, 16-year—old climate activist Greta Thunberg said she⁠—plus 15 other young people⁠—filed a legal complaint with the United Nations against five countries (Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany and Turkey) that are not on track to meet the emissions goals they agreed to in the 2015 Paris Agreement.

The young people, ranging in age from 8 to 17, claimed the countries have not done enough "to prevent the deadly and foreseeable consequences" of climate change. They also alleged that children’s rights are being violated per a 1989 UN agreement.

3 minutes ago, Miganto said:

I'm not getting into such huge topics in a forum...

But you have.

4 minutes ago, Miganto said:

I don't see the point of always pushing your agenda wherever possible (people get annoyed with Jehova's witnesses in England, yet a lot of people exactly the same 'selling technique' for views they feel strongly about... hypocracy indeed).

i am not sure who you refer to but i suspect it is me. What agenda is that?

11 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

I'm not expecting to change your mind but you're  showing you don't understand the science. Even if the human impact is the 4% you claim that's enough to tip a system. 0.04% sounds like a little bit, but that's still critical. The volcanoes and termites are part of the system. So are the humans, problem is the termites won't be able to tip the system the same way humans have done and continue to do so.

I'm not expecting to change your mind either but I suggest you go and suffer through watching the last ten videos from Tony Heller on youtube.  He does a regular video often with historical info from the day in question.  1930's were far hotter than we are now for example and it regularly shows up in terrible news paper articles when CO2 was below 300 parts per million.  To get back to that desperate climate would take extreme energy sacrifices and what for?  After some time you get a feeling that there's some real dishonesty going on with the alarmists.  It's all emotional and their chief scientists have fiddled the data with ridiculous claims about the past temperature stations not knowing how to read a min and max thermometer.  If you're sure of your position then it won't hurt to see why others disagree and will arm you to argue against them.  Go watch ten.  I challenge you.  :)

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

12 minutes ago, sixgun said:

But you have.

i am not sure who you refer to but i suspect it is me. What agenda is that?

I started to and then realised why I stopped doing it - it ends nowhere :)

Honestly I meant people in general.  I know someone at work that does it, he waits for any opportunity to start up a 1 hour discussion where his whole aim is to show you how you and everyone else is wrong and how you're an idiot for believing something that's not even remotely his view - if it's anything 'mainstream acceptance' then you are a brainwashed idiot.  Fun times. He alienates himself, becomes more insular and comes out with more toxic views.  The cycle increases. 

It's like incel men but with different inputs and outputs, same principle though.

He doesn't get invited to things and believes it's due to his opinions, it's more due to the fact he revolves every conversation around his views and makes you never want to start something with him because you'd like to just have a nice, non confrontational time with your mates, or whilst checking out the latest silver prices.

Or egg prices. (fyi for all you egg lovers - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/822349/eggs-statsnotice-01aug19.pdf)

Also still genuinely curious about this "On topic - jolly good day for gold and silver, haven't seen much in the news to warrant the constant upwards growth.  May someone enlighten me?"

Edited by Miganto

1 hour ago, Scuzzle said:

Brainwashed climate change activist Greta Thunberg and 15 other weaponised kids are to launch legal proceedings against 5 countries.

During a Monday appearance at the United Nations, 16-year—old climate activist Greta Thunberg said she⁠—plus 15 other young people⁠—filed a legal complaint with the United Nations against five countries (Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany and Turkey) that are not on track to meet the emissions goals they agreed to in the 2015 Paris Agreement.

The young people, ranging in age from 8 to 17, claimed the countries have not done enough "to prevent the deadly and foreseeable consequences" of climate change. They also alleged that children’s rights are being violated per a 1989 UN agreement.

It must be nice to have such rich parents, in order for the kids to be able to bring countries to court. 

@Miganto i still wonder what the agenda is you mention. If people wish to go along with the main stream Climate Catastrophe then that is their choice. i guess my agenda would be to put FACT out there and hope some will do their own research and come to their conclusions. It is hard to easily find the facts - many have been doctored. There are so good sources where others have done the donkey work. Tony Heller is a star - he exposes the fraud of all of this https://www.youtube.com/user/TonyHeller1 - i am not aware if he digs into the origins of the Global Warming which morphed into Climate Change and i caught the BBC starting to morph it into environmentalism. 

If anyone is genuinely interested go watch some of Tony's work - https://www.youtube.com/user/TonyHeller1

16 minutes ago, silversky said:

I'm not expecting to change your mind either but I suggest you go and suffer through watching the last ten videos from Tony Heller on youtube.  He does a regular video often with historical info from the day in question.  1930's were far hotter than we are now for example and it regularly shows up in terrible news paper articles when CO2 was below 300 parts per million.  To get back to that desperate climate would take extreme energy sacrifices and what for?  After some time you get a feeling that there's some real dishonesty going on with the alarmists.  It's all emotional and their chief scientists have fiddled the data with ridiculous claims about the past temperature stations not knowing how to read a min and max thermometer.  If you're sure of your position then it won't hurt to see why others disagree and will arm you to argue against them.  Go watch ten.  I challenge you.  :)

It's ok I've a degree and studied climate science I'm good for You Tube "documentaries"

1 minute ago, Notafront4adragon said:

It's ok I've a degree and studied climate science

That explains much - well everything. 

I'm with sixgun and others on this one.

climate change is a fact.

(look it up, climate change throughout the

history of the earth)

man responsible for climate change is a total

scam.(not one piece of evidence that is remotely

conclusive to suggest this)

this is not to say that we shouldn't constantly

aim to reduce emissions of the stinky stuff. we

should do so at our own pace. anyone who

suggests that you should do so faster than your

own pace, is out to scam you.

I'd like to see how many of the educated scientists

live like hermits. after all they have all the required

knowledge and qualification to cut their own

personal emissions right to the bone.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

3 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

It's ok I've a degree and studied climate science I'm good for You Tube "documentaries"

Well my friend I studied astrophysics but that doesn't mean a thing.  What matters is an open mind and always trying to prove your models wrong.  You don't need to do that publicly but you do need to do it personally otherwise you're involved in an ideology rather than science.

I imagine that you believe that "the science is settled".  One of the worlds greatest physicists ever to have lived certainly disagreed with that approach and Feynman disparaged consensus in science and regarded it as a form of tyranny.  In reality this is what we have right now.  A group of people with very shaky science is trying to ram it down our throats with desperate emotional pleas.  There's just too many holes in it and way too much emotion.  I dare you to look at the other side of the argument and quiet the emotional side of your mind.  If you're a scientist then you won't consider this a religious type of request, simply a scientific one.  Two hours of your time can easily be spent to quiet any lingering doubt.  97% after all is your sides claim (wrong btw).

There are so many solid scientists that put out information on CO2.  Physics Nobel laureates talk openly about how insane this mass CO2 delusion is but no one wants to listen.  Peace prize winners (ideological) on the other hand talk about how emotional it all is unless we act NOW and the media lap it up.

Tony Heller simply produces historical data to show what happened in the past including all manner of crazy "scientific" projections for the future.  These go back more than 150 years and show that the alarmists have been at this game for a long long time.  It was hotter in the 30's that it is now and vast numbers of people died in dreadful natural events.  CO2 was far lower then and clearly had nothing to do with these events.  Everything that happens now is talked up as being bigger and badder than ever before but newspaper history shows this to be simply untrue. A huge deceit is being propagated including constant revision of the historical data.

Thankfully my son isn't caught up in the hysteria with Saint Greta. In ten years time I hope you remember her speech today and reflect on the madness of the hyperbole.  Anyway, we'll just have to agree to disagree in the meantime.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Scuzzle said:

Yes, because weapons zed talk does no good...remember dunblane, remember hungerford, they made the british people take not, dead kids and free walking gun toting maniacs..did they have an effect, did banning firearms have an effect?, did they have an effect in australia?..yes, things we do can have a good effect as well as a bad effect, if we stop killing whales they will come back, we did and they did...if we stop using cfcs the ozone will feel the effect, we did, it did...thinking not,doing anything will make the world fix itself is like,expectijg,your car to fix itself when the engine is smoking....we have antique cars because the owners cared and worked their ass off to stop it failing...but we are arrogant enough to think the 12 billion people on the earth in 20 years will not,effect it is dumb to the nines..after all, we were onky 3.5B in 1970, and now we are 7.5B....but we don't effect the,planet...nah, how dumb is it to think we don't effect it, don't destroy it by killing,off the fish, the birdw, the trees, the water table, the ozone.

7 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Yes, because weapons zed talk does no good...remember dunblane, remember hungerford, they made the british people take not, dead kids and free walking gun toting maniacs..did they have an effect, did banning firearms have an effect?, did they have an effect in australia?..yes, things we do can have a good effect as well as a bad effect, if we stop killing whales they will come back, we did and they did...if we stop using cfcs the ozone will feel the effect, we did, it did...thinking not,doing anything will make the world fix itself is like,expectijg,your car to fix itself when the engine is smoking....we have antique cars because the owners cared and worked their ass off to stop it failing...but we are arrogant enough to think the 12 billion people on the earth in 20 years will not,effect it is dumb to the nines..after all, we were onky 3.5B in 1970, and now we are 7.5B....but we don't effect the,planet...nah, how dumb is it to think we don't effect it, don't destroy it by killing,off the fish, the birdw, the trees, the water table, the ozone.

How do you propose stopping the worlds population from growing?  In the west we are currently less than native replacement births?  We must already be doing our bit and to do more would be wrong.  What's the solution?