• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

20 minutes ago, Fishface220 said:

Silver down

38EB23AC-CE8D-4C6C-AC78-2FCC2694438E.png

Yay I have been sitting on my hands - not bought anything since Sept 2022. :) 
Hoping for £15.30 again. Ideally with a general equity slide inc. miners. 

Edited by Stacktastic

11 hours ago, Fishface220 said:

Wow.... that some serious will power you have!! 

Yeah. But I do trade the stocks so that kills the urge. 😛 

I guess Powells comments today and recent bullishness for metals has caused the dump. 
I bet a lot of contracts are out on paper silver & the 
algorythyms had a meltdown LOL. 

Been waiting for a market dump anyway as its up and down, but not enough for my liking. 
Non farm payroll Friday. 
Will be nice to see a short term mega sell off to £9 ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

I wonder how the price will behave on Monday/next week/s  after Powell's message they need to go back to printers, and just after 2 banks in US has shut down. Should we see again an avalanche of liquidations, where all assets will be on sell to save the leveraged positions, or like crypto - stay calm ;) 

In theory, we should not go down much. The value from before 2020 and now is about the same if you take into account the inflation. Can also check GSR to see how it behave to safe gold.

I just done a small buy, and probably will continue in coming days/weeks. If it crash, it may a be a short time to buy before it rocket back up.

Ok, silver is more industrial metal, but when we need to stop using normal cars, then silver will be in need. At least, when the countries will invest trillions in infrastructure to send power, and double the power plants so we could charge our electric vehicles..

3 hours ago, pablitto83 said:

I wonder how the price will behave on Monday/next week/s  after Powell's message they need to go back to printers, and just after 2 banks in US has shut down. Should we see again an avalanche of liquidations, where all assets will be on sell to save the leveraged positions, or like crypto - stay calm ;) 

In theory, we should not go down much. The value from before 2020 and now is about the same if you take into account the inflation. Can also check GSR to see how it behave to safe gold.

I just done a small buy, and probably will continue in coming days/weeks. If it crash, it may a be a short time to buy before it rocket back up.

Ok, silver is more industrial metal, but when we need to stop using normal cars, then silver will be in need. At least, when the countries will invest trillions in infrastructure to send power, and double the power plants so we could charge our electric vehicles..

I dont know but I think this is all manufactured and planned personally so It might well be ongoing. 
If I was a Fed person or central banker who wanted to change to a digital currency and reset the debt. 
I would want to take out the smaller middle men and consolidate power to the big boys. We shall see. 

Technically it will bring up the gold price and silver should follow. But probably wont 😛 
I have to say i did not see so many buying opportunities in silver this year and last!! 
I honestly never thought it would get below £17 again at one point. 
I really do think we could see £200 silver in the next 5 years. ;) 

Gold on the other hand has done very well. Not bought anything since 2021. 
Excluding miner stocks. 

Edited by Stacktastic

24 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

To da moooooon!

(but a loaf of bread now costs £100)

Where can I buy one???

Quick before someone else jumps in, that's cheaper than £149.95 at our local Poundland. 😉

Edited by SidS

I was shocked to learn this morning as part of my ongoing PMs education that the paper silver market is 243 times larger than the physical silver market.

That's a ratio of 243 : 1.

I knew it was funny money and fiddling jiggery pokery by the big boys, but until now I didn't realise the extent of it.

Makes it a whole lot easier to understand why silver spot is always so low.

£17.957/oz as I write....

Here's the link to the article I just read

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/bullionstar/infographic-paper-silver-vs-physical-silver/

Edited by flyingveepixie

50 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

I was shocked to learn this morning as part of my ongoing PMs education that the paper silver market is 243 times larger than the physical silver market.

That's a ratio of 243 : 1.

I knew it was funny money and fiddling jiggery pokery by the big boys, but until now I didn't realise the extent of it.

Makes it a whole lot easier to understand why silver spot is always so low.

£17.957/oz as I write....

Here's the link to the article I just read

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/bullionstar/infographic-paper-silver-vs-physical-silver/

I think the figures in the 2021 article are out of date.  According to the US Debt Clock page, the paper to silver ratio is now 364.29 to 1

image.png.c06a951f0822f062c1a57c967bda332e.png

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Does anyone know a good source of paper to 'commodity x' ratios?  Whenever I hear about the paper to silver ratio, I always wonder what the paper to oil or Uranium ratio is at the time.  I imagine that these things have been steadily rising as the complex derivative system groans under the ever increasing weight

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

3 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Whilst there has been a lot of talk about gold today (ATH), silver is currently up 8.45% on the day!  This is quite a move:

Silver-17-3-23.jpg

I think the most telling thing is that no one cares, gains are going unnoticed. Very bullish imo.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

White marubozu on the weekly.  That's a pretty strong candle to be fair.  Not sure if it will continue next week, but the signal is strong.  I reckon it must drop to test 22$ again, but who knows if it bounces up after that or not.  I'm expecting a 'high wave' candle next week on the weekly chart.  Symptomatic of strong forces and confusion.  A start and end at roughly the same level, with a high and a low during the week.  Just my opinion and might be horribly wrong  :)

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

13 minutes ago, silversky said:

White marubozu on the weekly.  That's a pretty strong candle to be fair.  Not sure if it will continue next week, but the signal is strong.  I reckon it must drop to test 22$ again, but who knows if it bounces up after that or not.  I'm expecting a 'high wave' candle next week on the weekly chart.  Symptomatic of strong forces and confusion.  A start and end at roughly the same level, with a high and a low during the week.  Just my opinion and might be horribly wrong  :)

Your wrong . you forgot the sideway movement lol 

Edited by gji25
typo

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

RORO - Risk on, risk off.

The move up will likely be sustained if the fallout from the collapse of SVB and the mess that Credit Suisse have got themselves into can't be contained. IF that's the case and this turns out to be the start of another banking collapse - then silver could be setting off on a parabolic journey to the moon. On the other hand, if the central banks can contain it - at least for the time being - then I suspect the bullish move will peter out quite quickly. For those that like charts, I suggest looking at the the banking sector and the U.S. Dollar Index (DXY). As long as these are tanking, silver will continue to rise.

Just my £0.02p worth - could be completely wrong! 

19 minutes ago, SidS said:

Silver has done **** all, to put it into technical terms.

Im hoping it U turns over the next couple of weeks and over extends the pull back it was in already to £14. ;) 
Or it goes to high £20's - either way I dont care as long as it does not go sideways like in late 2021.

Edited by Stacktastic