• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Just now, ArgentSmith said:

I can get almost 8 of those for the price of a gillick.... 

Silver haters going to hate, but the economics don't lie 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Seriously £18.54 will buy 13.2 cans of soup.  

10 years ago silver was £23.00 and for that I could buy 46 tins of soup when they were 6 for £3 at Morrisons………I can take the P all you want but those  morons on YT saying silver is a true store of wealth who the hell are they trying to kid? 

Even when silver bottomed at £10 that’s still 20 tins of soup per oz that’s still 51% more soup than today.  

to keep to a the same silver tin of silver ratio today then silver has to be a minimum of £64.40 per oz. If it’s not, then it’s not keeping up with inflation so impossible to be a good store of wealth……….I don’t want to dance on anyone’s hopes and dreams and if you think I’m wrong and silver is a good store of wealth and it’s a hedge against inflation I’m 100% genuinely happy to hear it as I’m sat on loads too.  

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

10 years ago silver was £23.00 and for that I could buy 46 tins of soup when they were 6 for £3 at Morrisons………I can take the P all you want but those  morons on YT saying silver is a true store of wealth who the hell are they trying to kid? 

Interesting point, do you not think there will be a mean reversion at some point though? Markets may remain irrational longer than you can stay solvent (I think that's the saying) but there has to be mean reversion at some point surely.

1 minute ago, Dom said:

Interesting point, do you not think there will be a mean reversion at some point though? Markets may remain irrational longer than you can stay solvent (I think that's the saying) but there has to be mean reversion at some point surely.

Mate I see and hear people saying it’s a hedge against inflation and I want to scream, if you make any investment anywhere and it doesn’t keep up with a tin of soup then you’d have to say it’s not a good investment.  

11 minutes ago, Dom said:

Hi Dom,

Mean reversion depends on the time frame and what the input data are. On the weekly chart below, it's the dotted line in the middle. Someone else can produce another chart as valid (or as invalid) as mine that shows something very different. That's where technical analysis falls down, as there's no 'right' way of doing it. For me, Spot price will need to be well below the mean - and preferably nearer the bottom of the channel - before I get my wallet out. Horses for courses 'n all that.

XAGGBP_2023-01-23_16-27-17.png

I'd speculate today's silver action is potentially around growth/ contraction forecasts and therefore reduce demand for its industrial use whereas gold hasn't moved as much due to it's 'safe haven' appeal. Has anyone seen any specific news on silver?

40 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I keep seeing people saying this everywhere I look.  It does my head in.  Someone on this very thread a couple of pages ago claimed that it was keeping up with inflation - see below.

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 16.54.25.png

3 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

I keep seeing people saying this everywhere I look.  It does my head in.  Someone on this very thread a couple of pages ago claimed that it was keeping up with inflation - see below.

because it has?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

52 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Even when silver bottomed at £10 that’s still 20 tins of soup per oz that’s still 51% more soup than today.  

to keep to a the same silver tin of silver ratio today then silver has to be a minimum of £64.40 per oz. If it’s not, then it’s not keeping up with inflation so impossible to be a good store of wealth……….I don’t want to dance on anyone’s hopes and dreams and if you think I’m wrong and silver is a good store of wealth and it’s a hedge against inflation I’m 100% genuinely happy to hear it as I’m sat on loads too.  

and the cans were bigger so you got more soup to ! 

I said a year ago that the best way to keep up with inflation at the moment is to stack up on tins of soup and other non-perishable foods.

We all know that due to global food shortages the price of food is going to shoot up over the next couple of years. So why not just buy two or three years worth of tinned food at the current price now and save yourselves loads of money over the next three years by avoiding the high prices tomorrow?

Edited by EdwardTeach