• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

On 06/01/2023 at 19:42, Itsshinyright said:

It's the same old same old isn't it with prices.  Started buying about 7 years ago. Still keeping way ahead of inflation.  That's better than my rubbish pension pot!

I keep opting out of my company one zero point you'll be lucky to get a bag of crisps by the time we're allowed to retire 

Also remember. when inflation goes down, the prices do not 

nb: your best get your headphones on and plug your dac in if your going to listen to the video till the end 🔉

Edited by gji25
typo

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

1 hour ago, katyc said:

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm seeing a top 5 market cap as a stable success.

Screenshot_20230119-235117_Samsung Internet.jpg

I can confidently say I've spent a lot more on gold than on Apple products, but nowhere as much as I've spent on computer equipment in the past 20 years.  That's a disturbingly large sum of money.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

59 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

I can confidently say I've spent a lot more on gold than on Apple products, but nowhere as much as I've spent on computer equipment in the past 20 years.  That's a disturbingly large sum of money.

Computer equipment can become obsolete very quickly. It is by design. I think the term is planned obsolescence. This is how the industry get consumers to keep buying / upgrading. Today's smartphones are like yesterday's desktop / laptop computers.

My first PC was a Gateway Pentium 75. It cost me £1,000 desktop box only back in 1995 or 1996. I upgraded RAM and HDD to run Windows 98 and maybe ME. After that it wasn't good enough or fast enough for daily use and was discarded. 

Image how much £1,000 I would have bought in gold or silver at that time.

It's good that they don't become obsolete anytime soon ! 😎 

5 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

Computer equipment can become obsolete very quickly. It is by design. I think the term is planned obsolescence. This is how the industry get consumers to keep buying / upgrading. Today's smartphones are like yesterday's desktop / laptop computers.

Fortunately PCs aren't as bad as they were in the 1990s when a 3 year old PC was effectively obsolete.  Nowadays you can expect to get the better part of 10 years from a PC as the CPUs aren't getting faster anywhere near as quickly as they were back then.

Smartphones are mostly consumer tat - getting a smart phone to last more than a few years is pretty optimistic.  OTOH you can save a fair bit by shopping around and buying new old stock - one of the few things Ebay is still good for.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.