• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

3 hours ago, silversky said:

Moonshot cancelled again?  Or just a temporary setback?

If you don't mind me saying silversky, you're being a tad harsh, as £0.30p off the recent high isn't really a setback! 😉

It looks to me as if price is enjoying a little rest before making its offensive on the £20 region. Either that, or because it's at the top of the grey channel (on the weekly chart, below) and technically 'overbought', it might do a reversal. For those who add to their stack irrespective of what price is doing, then this is of little interest and no consequence. For those who, for better or worse, like to try and time their purchases and use TA to assist with that, then now is not the time to buy. Probability favours at least a pull back - if not an actual reversal. For price to sail on through £20 without so much as a glance back - is unlikely, IMO. Just my £0.02p worth, but I won't buy any more bullion until there's some evidence that either the bulls or the bears have the upper hand.

XAGGBP_2022-12-22_17-17-24.png

Edited by timsk

6 hours ago, timsk said:

If you don't mind me saying silversky, you're being a tad harsh, as £0.30p off the recent high isn't really a setback! 😉

It looks to me as if price is enjoying a little rest before making its offensive on the £20 region. Either that, or because it's at the top of the grey channel (on the weekly chart, below) and technically 'overbought', it might do a reversal. For those who add to their stack irrespective of what price is doing, then this is of little interest and no consequence. For those who, for better or worse, like to try and time their purchases and use TA to assist with that, then now is not the time to buy. Probability favours at least a pull back - if not an actual reversal. For price to sail on through £20 without so much as a glance back - is unlikely, IMO. Just my £0.02p worth, but I won't buy any more bullion until there's some evidence that either the bulls or the bears have the upper hand.

XAGGBP_2022-12-22_17-17-24.png

I wasn't being harsh.  Just a bit of a joke really.  We normally get Paul in here asking us to wake him up when it gets to £50.  lol.

It might or might not punch through the tramlines.  If it does, it will likely return to kiss them before setting off on any actual moonshot.  A kiss having broke through is where a good paper buy should be placed.  But I suspect it's not going to break through just yet.  A trip back down to start again is most likely IMO.  I can see 18 or even 17 oversold before the cooker gets going.  

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

10 hours ago, silversky said:

I wasn't being harsh.  Just a bit of a joke really.  We normally get Paul in here asking us to wake him up when it gets to £50.  lol.

It might or might not punch through the tramlines.  If it does, it will likely return to kiss them before setting off on any actual moonshot.  A kiss having broke through is where a good paper buy should be placed.  But I suspect it's not going to break through just yet.  A trip back down to start again is most likely IMO.  I can see 18 or even 17 oversold before the cooker gets going.  

are we nearly at £50oz yet ???

1 hour ago, MrStacker said:

£871.02 for a tube of Brits from RM! 😱

*starts searching for promotional discount codes*

🤪

can have a couple off me for £800 each if you're interested.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

15 hours ago, silversky said:

can have a couple off me for £800 each if you're interested.

I was being sarcastic mate. Some of the dealer prices are laughable during these times. If £800+ per tube ever became the norm (which could be a possibility) then I would immediately trasnfer everything to gold only. 🙂

2 hours ago, Zhorro said:

Looking back over the past 12 months, it appears that the GB£ price of silver has increased by 15.7% at a time that reported inflation is about 11%.  So, on the face of it, silver would seem to have done well during 2022.

Silver-31-12-22.jpg

About time too! 😁

1 minute ago, dicker said:

I saw on a Kitco news story that retail investors see silver ending up 50pct higher by the end of 2023.  This was from some sort of survey, but my guess is that silver will continue up in GBP in 2023.  Ever hopeful….

i heard something very similar from a weatherman 

hot weather.jpg

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.