• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

24 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Well as somebody who works in the tech sector myself and for a company that is getting ESG grants from the government to convert, I don't think this sector is going to slow down. To point one day government are going have to support the miners, for the demand, see my logic?

Silver is going be used in abundance. Companies are actually looking to recycle silver thats been discarded in landfill, however that poses many problems. 

1) contamination of silver  

2) Difficult extraction and longer time to achieve

3) Quality of silver post extraction 

4) Time to recycle silver and quality again

5) Could it be used for medical - probably not...

6) cost effectiveness of time effort and value, can profit be achieved

This is all but going to have a positive effect on prices, because the shortage grows, the price draws higher. Even the Comex cannot fight that.

A majority of minable silver has already been exploited. 

ESG needs silver in abundance, that's without the other sectors ive mentioned, the best conductor of electricity - silver. 

Uranium is going to be the same but thats harder to stack! But Sprott are doing it already! they are going hunt brothers ahead of the ESG game, and guess what the uranium reactors are gonna need silver to conduct said power.

Oh did I mention there silver in missiles too, that get obliterated especially the high tech ones..... 

The list is endless.... but silver isnt.... 

Great to get this confirmed from someone working in the tech sector 👍

That's another good point too: Extraction. If it costs, let's say, $12 an oz to extract (I think I heard recently it was something like that - but probably more now with inflation) - then it simply can't go crazy low on spot. 

31 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Time to recycle silver and quality again

Also, another great point. We are going to need silver more than ever and they simply can't recycle it easily like they do with gold. The tiny amount in a mobile phone cannot be recycled - but there are SO many phones out there that it will certainly cause reduction in supply (same with every electrical devices with an on/off button). Bring on the ball sacks!

1 minute ago, SilverDrum said:

Up "where" exactly?

Up "where" exactly?

So good you siad it twice you must be in BUPA. I just say go do a handstand in the shower!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

. . . A majority of minable silver has already been exploited. . .  

Good post HB - interesting points.

The one quoted piqued my interest as I've not heard this before. (I'm fairly new to precious metals - so that may explain why.) I wonder, is this just your opinion or is it fact? If the latter, I'd be grateful for a link if you have one please? This is important because the resource is finite, obviously, but if we (mankind) have already extracted the majority of what's available, then it means that the prospect of price for silver reaching the moon's dangly bits increases significantly. 

5 minutes ago, timsk said:

Good post HB - interesting points.

The one quoted piqued my interest as I've not heard this before. (I'm fairly new to precious metals - so that may explain why.) I wonder, is this just your opinion or is it fact? If the latter, I'd be grateful for a link if you have one please? This is important because the resource is finite, obviously, but if we (mankind) have already extracted the majority of what's available, then it means that the prospect of price for silver reaching the moon's dangly bits increases significantly. 

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/discover/gold-news/how-rare-are-precious-metals/ 

Not sure how accurate this is by RM BUT.

The difference between Silver and other PM's Silver is a monetary metal AND more most heavily used in industry, more than the other PM's listed in the link. Platinum Gold and Rhodium are not so albiet rarer....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, katyc said:

Great to get this confirmed from someone working in the tech sector 👍

That's another good point too: Extraction. If it costs, let's say, $12 an oz to extract (I think I heard recently it was something like that - but probably more now with inflation) - then it simply can't go crazy low on spot. 

It has gone below the cost of extraction in the past - if that happens it means there's a surplus and nobody is bothering to extract.  At one point during the great depression of the 1930s it went down to almost nothing.  However, anything like that is bound to be transient, so as long as you have something else hedged that you can flog, you can just sit on your silver and wait for the price to come back up to something sane again.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

miss direction is the buzz word at the moment in the price of silver  👍  its just an illusion 

Edited by gji25

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

39 minutes ago, Paul said:

any reason for the spike up in price today ? 

is the moon ride back on ?? or has Trump announced he's running for president or soemthing

Maybe the moon ride is back on because Musk hasn't stepped down as CEO, :lol:, despite saying he would abide by the poll.  Or is that Doge coin?  Not sure these days, everything seems to involve Musk. 

A friend told me before the result, that Musk is a genius and that he wouldn't be stepping down.  That he was simply getting his enemies to identify themselves and activate their bots.  Now that they're out in the open, he knows who all the bots are run by, and where to train his guns.  If true, it was a smart play.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

any reason for the spike up in price today ? 

is the moon ride back on ?? or has Trump announced he's running for president or soemthing

its because the comex and the lbma have been bled dry

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

16 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The Bank of Japan said they would raise the cap on their bonds from 1/4% to 1/2%. This caused the Yen to spike against the USD and so sent the DXY down and so gold and silver up.

Good analysis sixgun. 👍

I'm of the view that DXY and equity indices (DOW, FTSE etc.) are the fundamental drivers of silver and that if the former tanks and the latter enjoys a Santa rally - then there's further upside for silver before the year end. The big question, IMO, is whether or not this can be sustained into the new year. If it can, then maybe silver's long journey to the moon is already underway. However, if the much anticipated market crash happens and if there's still some life left in DXY, then silver price could drop back down to test the summer lows. Does this sound logical to you - or am I missing something?

13 hours ago, sixgun said:

The Bank of Japan said they would raise the cap on their bonds from 1/4% to 1/2%.

Could this be the black swan event that finally crashes the global sovereign debt market? Possibly. We’ll have to wait and see but it’s something to keep an eye on over the next week or two just in case. With so many potential black swans flying around these days I wouldn’t want my money anywhere near the banks, pensions, stock markets or anything else with a counterparty risk when this thing goes down.

There’s going to be a lot of banks and other financial institutions go bankrupt when when the bond markets finally collapse. A few of them might get ‘bailed out’ by the government (aka the tax payer) but most won’t. The rest will default on their debts and just keep your money and because of the new ‘bail in’ laws there’s nothing you can legally do because it’s mentioned in the small print of the contract you’ll have agreed with them. When the bond markets collapse I wouldn’t even be surprised if several major governments go bankrupt and default on their debts too. It should be good for gold and silver though.

Edited by EdwardTeach

7 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

Could this be the black swan event that finally crashes the global sovereign debt market? Possibly. We’ll have to wait and see but it’s something to keep an eye on over the next week or two just in case. With so many potential black swans flying around these days I wouldn’t want my money anywhere near the banks, pensions, stock markets or anything else with a counterparty risk when this thing goes down.

There’s going to be a lot of banks and other financial institutions go bankrupt when when the bond markets finally collapse. A few of them might get ‘bailed out’ by the government (aka the tax payer) but most won’t. The rest will default on their debts and just keep your money and because of the new ‘bail in’ laws there’s nothing you can legally do because it’s mentioned in the small print of the contract you’ll have agreed with them. When the bond markets collapse I wouldn’t even be surprised if several major governments go bankrupt and default on their debts too. It should be good for gold and silver though.

this also  FX derivatives

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Comex stack available for delivery at multi decades low, Elon Musk starts following Wall St Silver on twatter 🙂

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

23 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Comex stack available for delivery at multi decades low, Elon Musk starts following Wall St Silver on twatter 🙂

Hey! That's what I've been calling it all this time, glad to see someone else thinks the same. 😁

3 hours ago, SidS said:

Hey! That's what I've been calling it all this time, glad to see someone else thinks the same. 😁

I've called it that for years too :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

9 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

I was watching a few gold/silver bullion podcasts last week and this week. Many made reference to the rumour saying that Elon Musk has started purchasng huge quantities of silver. Possibly just speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be true. The man can compete with India for the bars. 😂

Edited by MrStacker